I laugh at all of you who think a QB change will fix anything

I'm sitting here laughing at all the "Fitzpatrick is our savior" posts. Do you guys REALLY think this team will be any better with Fitzpatrick as quarterback? Fitzpatrick is nothing more than a bench warmer on any team in the league and we won't score any more points with him in there than we have with Edwards. Why? Well for one our offensive line is GARBAGE. Our WR's suck. The offense is just bad and any of you that truly think this is a GOOD thing or a season changing thing are kidding themslves. We still aren't going to win a game and we still suck. I can't wait until both of these bums is gone and we get a real quarterback and maybe some real linemen. Period.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting here laughing at all the "Fitzpatrick is our savior" posts. Do you guys REALLY think this team will be any better with Fitzpatrick as quarterback? Fitzpatrick is nothing more than a bench warmer on any team in the league and we won't score any more points with him in there than we have with Edwards. Why? Well for one our offensive line is GARBAGE. Our WR's suck. The offense is just bad and any of you that truly think this is a GOOD thing or a season changing thing are kidding themslves. We still aren't going to win a game and we still suck. I can't wait until both of these bums is gone and we get a real quarterback and maybe some real linemen. Period.

So when we actually win games and score points with a man at qb, what will you say then? I think we can win 8 games this year w fitz, at least ill enjoy sundays again. WHy are you mad trent was benched? Mancrush?? admit it.

I would say it somewhat differently. In my mind, this move ignores the true problem with the team - the same problem that has been our problem for the past several years. Instead of addressing the problem of the offensive line head on, the Bills decided to make one guy the scapegoat.

We will continue to be a piss poor team until the offensive line is fixed - no matter who the QB is.

Do you guys REALLY think this team will be any better with Fitzpatrick as quarterback?

Well, if history is any indication, then yeah. Last year with Fitz at QB we were 5-4. With Trent and Brohm, we were 1-6. I'd say that's better. I expect Fitz to muddle along on some drives, but come up with some big plays and score more than 10 points which is the most we've been able to get so far.

But I'm very concerned about our defense right now. Against Fish I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did. Against Cheese we pretty much sucked on D. If we can't hold NE under 25, we're toast, probably.

Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz

I'm sitting here laughing at all the (1)"Fitzpatrick is our savior" posts. Do you guys REALLY think this team will be any better with Fitzpatrick as quarterback? (2)Fitzpatrick is nothing more than a bench warmer on any team in the league

(1) Did you actually bother to read any thread? Nobody is claiming Fitz is a savior. We are going to lose with Fitz or Edwards being the QB. At least Fitz tries to win a game. If the team is going down, let it go down swinging. I am so sick of "Bend over, I'm here just to collect a paycheck" Edwards, and why people still think he should start and/or be given more opportunities is beyond me.

(2) That's an upgrade over Trent Backwards.

and we won't score any more points with him in there than we have with Edwards. Why? Well for one our offensive line is GARBAGE. Our WR's suck. The offense is just bad and (1)any of you that truly think this is a GOOD thing or a season changing thing are kidding themslves. We still aren't going to win a game and we still suck. I can't wait until both of these bums is gone and we get a real quarterback and maybe some real linemen. Period.

1) Why is switching a QB a bad thing? We get it. Your chosen one has failed yet again, and is being replaced by a bench warmer who outplayed Edwards last year.Yes, Fitz has no potential to be a franchise QB. He is a backup. But neither does Edwards. Checkwards has ZERO potential. There is NO UPSIDE.

And what you fail to see is the true motive. Chan has to undo 4 years of brainwashing where losing was not only tolerable, to some extent, it was expected. Fitz is not the long term answer, but he is the short term solution to help this team find an identity where losing is not expected, and in fact will not be tolerated. Yes, he sucks, but at least he's got some fight in him.

So when we actually win games and score points with a man at qb, what will you say then? I think we can win 8 games this year w fitz, at least ill enjoy sundays again. WHy are you mad trent was benched? Mancrush?? admit it.

8 wins? I love the hopeful optimism, but this team is looking like it will threaten the Lions 0 - 16 season. Any string of injuries to important starters on either line means winning games will be even harder than it is now, meaning 0 - 16 would be in play.

To me it is all about giving the team a chance to win. With Edwards, there is no chance at all. With Fitz, there is very little chance. Very little chance is better than no chance. I applaud Gailey for making the move.

I agree we need a real QB, because I don't think we have one on the roster.

Not for nothing but the Patriots will need to look at last seasons game tapes to get a look at Fitz, and even then they might not have enough to scout him in this new offense.

My guess is he will undoubtedly look better then Edwards did against the Packers and Dolphins as those two teams look to have really good defenses. The Packers may have the defensive MVP this year in Matthews..

The Pats didn't look all that great against the Jets, so after watching film of that Jets win the Bills may find some areas to exploit. Not saying the Bills will win, just saying might not look as bad.

Yes, I'll say it -- I DO believe Fitzpatrick will be a real improvement. I acknowledge the team has weaknesses and I acknowledge that Fitz is not Peyton Manning, but yes, I believe Fitz will be a genuine improvement on Edwards and that Fitz will make this team competitive once again. As a fan, that's all I ask -- that the team competes and that the team leader doesn't walk out-of-bounds on 4th-and-11.

Edited by ChasBB

This is the same Trent Edwards that led us to a 5-1 start in 2008. Until he started getting his head knocked in. But hey we'll see how the Great Fitz does on his back every play. And I bet it won't be any better than Edwards. This team is going nowhere fast.

This is the Fitzpatrick that was 5-4 in games he played the majority of last year, it is the same Edwards that was 1-5 last year and 0-2 this year. I will take the 5-4

Here's what I know...

Edwards can't play.

Fitzpatrick is basically a backup and not only a better QB than Edwards a better FOOTBALL player than Edwards.

Fitzpatrick won't run out of bounds on the last play of the game- no matter the score.

The Bills are a complete mess but they will move the ball better with Fitzpatrick.

It's hard not to.

I don't think anyone really believes that Fitz is going to turn the whole thing around. The offense definitely is a mess.

But I do think it is hard to argue against that Fitz at the very least will be more exciting to watch as he WILL try and pass the ball to the WRs. It is kind of sad but as Bills fans this year all we can realistically expect is for the team to be kind of competitive so there is always some enjoyment out of the games. With Edwards this obviously wasn't ever going to be the case.

I don't know how many people think he is a savior, I am sure there is a few, but I do think this move screams desperation after only two games. Anyone who watches the game knows, the biggest problem is the offensive line, so the only part of this move that makes sense is becuase Fitz is more mobile, and will be running for his life, just like Edwards was. How much could have changed in just two weeks, after looking at who knows how many hours of film, mini camps, training camps, pre season games, etc? It obviously is another season of "Here we go again!" Give it 3 or 4 weeks and then it will be Brohms turn, then back to Edwards, etc. It is becoming apparent already that this coaching staff is just another in the long line of jokes and no different than Jauron, Mularkey, Williams, etc. As long as Ralph is around things will never change. Gailey and Nix claim it is going to take some time to rebuild, rebuilding takes consistency and changing your QB every two weeks sets you back to square one each time you do that. I like Fitz, but as people have been saying over the past few weeks, we have the worst starting QB in the league without a doubt now. This FO screwed up their first draft by not addressing the QB or Tackles positions, and it is becoming more and more obvious each and every game.

Edited by billsfreak

I would say it somewhat differently. In my mind, this move ignores the true problem with the team - the same problem that has been our problem for the past several years. Instead of addressing the problem of the offensive line head on, the Bills decided to make one guy the scapegoat.

We will continue to be a piss poor team until the offensive line is fixed - no matter who the QB is.

While it doesn't exactly address the OL problems, how can this hurt? True, Fitzpatrick is no Jim Kelly. But do you want to see Edwards in there every week doing the same thing over & over and completely alienate the rest of the team and the fans?

They're not a playoff team, but at least Gailey is trying to do something.

What pisses me off about the whole situation is in the off season this whole mess could of been fixed,remember buddy nix saying ,its hard to evaluate the QB,s when they are lying on there backs.He didnt do anything to fix the problem,not in the draft or free agent fix.Cornel green would be a quality back up-depth player,not starter,as well as wang.

we actually need to be working on both at the same time...i see games where the OL is deemed young and not that experienced/good, yet the QB is able to get rid of the ball and move the team. this team however we see edwards with ZERO pocket awareness. We need someone that can react a lot quicker. At the same time, tweak the line, bring people in, move people around.....without a QB that cannot at the most basic element react in a timely manner it wouldn't matter who we put up front, but the front needs to be addressed as well

What's you're point? You're smarter than some of the rest of us? You enjoy other people's pain? Feel the need to tell us the last car in the race is the slow one?

Why don't you go back to the drawing board and try again. Leave out the childish insults and try sharing some football thoughts.

You're wrong about not scoring more points with FItz. We'll definitely go down field more often (though not sure how successfully), which will help open the running game and give the OLine a chance to breathe -- fighting off 5 instead of 8 on every play.

We'll see some marginal improvement in the offense with Fitzpatrick at QB. From past performance he has a couple things on Edwards right now. For starters, better recognition of the play and defenses along a willingness to throw downfield into coverage vs. always looking to the check-down. Another plus, the intelligence to know his offensive line sucks vs. playing like the QB actually has enough time to throw on most plays.

Is Fitz the answer here? No, but the real question isn't who's the QB, it's when does this team get NFL caliber OT's.

To me it is all about giving the team a chance to win. With Edwards, there is no chance at all. With Fitz, there is very little chance. Very little chance is better than no chance. I applaud Gailey for making the move.

I agree we need a real QB, because I don't think we have one on the roster.

Yes a fighting chance to win.

How many teams are happy with their offensive line ?

As Thurman put it you see QB with a good line make plays and you seen quarterbacks with a bad line make plays, all over the league- except here. Our line is not as bad as Edwards makes it look

We'll see some marginal improvement in the offense with Fitzpatrick at QB. From past performance he has a couple things on Edwards right now. For starters, better recognition of the play and defenses along a willingness to throw downfield into coverage vs. always looking to the check-down. Another plus, the intelligence to know his offensive line sucks vs. playing like the QB actually has enough time to throw on most plays.

Is Fitz the answer here? No, but the real question isn't who's the QB, it's when does this team get NFL caliber OT's.

Another plus, he's got very good wheels and knows when to take off -FORWARD, not backward..

What pisses me off about the whole situation is in the off season this whole mess could of been fixed,remember buddy nix saying ,its hard to evaluate the QB,s when they are lying on there backs.He didnt do anything to fix the problem,not in the draft or free agent fix.Cornel green would be a quality back up-depth player,not starter,as well as wang.

Bingo!

Did he not take the time to actually watch Green play for the Raiders, or did he listen to some scout.

I'm thinking both he and Gailey took a scouts advice and signed the guy without watching how he played last season. c'mon, they couldn't have watched him play...could they?

Green wouldn't be a backup on my team, not for 3 million a year...not for league minimum

What's you're point? You're smarter than some of the rest of us? You enjoy other people's pain? Feel the need to tell us the last car in the race is the slow one?

Why don't you go back to the drawing board and try again. Leave out the childish insults and try sharing some football thoughts.

You're wrong about not scoring more points with FItz. We'll definitely go down field more often (though not sure how successfully), which will help open the running game and give the OLine a chance to breathe -- fighting off 5 instead of 8 on every play.

Well he did attend one of the finest public high schools in the state of Indiana.

Link?

Yes a fighting chance to win.

How many teams are happy with their offensive line ?

As Thurman put it you see QB with a good line make plays and you seen quarterbacks with a bad line make plays, all over the league- except here. Our line is not as bad as Edwards makes it look

Bingo. We have a winner.

Yes, the line is still very much a work in progress. But, with Edwards' penchant for -3 to 5 yard pass attempts, the entire defense plays within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. It's tough for 5 guys to block 10. There have been times when Trent had time to step up (or over) and make a throw. But, he's so shell shocked and afraid back there, that he can't see the field. He only sees the rush.

Will Fitzy still struggle? Absolutely. But, just like last season, he'll see the field better and take a few shots down field. That will soften the defense a little. And, voila, the line will slowly but surely start to look better. - I'm not say world beater... just better. Of course, at that time, idiots will start clamoring that they never blocked so well for Trent. :doh:

So, no, Fitzy isn't the team's savior (that's Brohm); but he has shown a level of competence that Trent just doesn't have.

I don't care if Fitz plays any better or gets better results, I am just happy not to have to watch Edwards. He is a pansy and a quitter. He is not a leader. His own teammates did not want him on the field and have pushed the coaches to make a change at the position in the past. Edwards sucks and the games are unwatchable when he plays. I hope I never see him play again and I hope I never have to hear him speak again. He is so bland and lifeless I cannot even stand to hear him.

I don't care what Fitzpatrick does, but when Trent ran for 2 yards on 4th and long with a couple mins left in the game down 34-7, I almost threw my buddy through the TV. I haven't been that irritated in a while.

Agree 100%. This is the true issue.