Interesting Rumor on BB.com Message Board

coastalpika

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, Packers fans have been discussing this possibility as well. A guy I work with, a huge Packers fan, mentioned it to me earlier today...my reaction was "you guys got any legit, tackles you can spare?" The prospect of AJ Hawk does little for me.

Well, maybe the prospect of Lynch is not exactly thrilling them either...I don't see how The Bills could do much better than AJ Hawk for Lynch...I don't really care why Hawk has fallen out of favor in GB, I still think he's better than anything (including Poz) we can put on the Inside of the 3-4 right now...And who knows...If he goes back to being the AJ Hawk that entered the NFL it's like grand larceny for Lynch...From what I can tell most Packers Fans believe the guy is still pretty good vs the Run...I'm guessing he'd be our best tackling LB the minute he walks on to the field...

I'm a Michigan Fan and I have NO PROBLEM with the possibility of Hawk for Lynch...I'd do it in a half a heartbeat... B-)

A.J. Hawk sucks and is a bust.

All due respect. But that is a terribly misinformed statement...He may not be playing up to the #5 Overall potential...But he's FAR from a bust and he definitely does not suck... B-)

Well, maybe the prospect of Lynch is not exactly thrilling them either...I don't see how The Bills could do much better than AJ Hawk for Lynch...I don't really care why Hawk has fallen out of favor in GB, I still think he's better than anything (including Poz) we can put on the Inside of the 3-4 right now...And who knows...If he goes back to being the AJ Hawk that entered the NFL it's like grand larceny for Lynch...From what I can tell most Packers Fans believe the guy is still pretty good vs the Run...I'm guessing he'd be our best tackling LB the minute he walks on to the field...

I'm a Michigan Fan and I have NO PROBLEM with the possibility of Hawk for Lynch...I'd do it in a half a heartbeat... B-)

All due respect. But that is a terribly misinformed statement...He may not be playing up to the #5 Overall potential...But he's FAR from a bust and he definitely does not suck... B-)

LB's rarely go high, and to take one #5 and he doesn't even start? i think that not only qualifies, but is the definition of a bust. or at best, he does not fit in a 3-4, which obviously doesn't help us.

doesn't mean he can't play for us necessarily, but Poz is back in 2-3 weeks and seems just as good... and A.Davis is the only LB with 3-4 experience so i'd think he'd stay. so Hawk would liekly be a backup here too. i do think Lynch has value as a 2 time 1000 yard rusher that is young, that is the important part.. what is he, 24? maybe sunday can be considered a showcase for each.

Amen. Keep Lynch though, trade Pos for Hawk. :thumbsup:

Rumors are popping up everywhere, which means this is most likely bogus. ESPN sites are reporting it's draft picks for Lynch, a 5th round.

It is on Bears sites around noon. (Big tip is to always check division rivals sites for info)

I can't believe that Buffalo would part ways with Lynch with out getting more than a 2nd round pick. We have seen he is an effective NFL back. I would rather keep Lynch and am not ready to give up on our lil gangsta

The problem if you don't trade him now is that you lose him for nothing at the end of the year. The Bills are not going to sign Lynch to another contract.

Irregardless of how true the rumour is (or the fact that there's no such word as 'irregardless'), it's not going to happen before Sunday. I can't imagine any way the Bills would send one of their key offensive players, who's 100% familiar with their entire playbook, to a team they're about to play in 4 days. :wacko:

Irregardless of how true the rumour is (or the fact that there's no such word as 'irregardless'), it's not going to happen before Sunday. I can't imagine any way the Bills would send one of their key offensive players, who's 100% familiar with their entire playbook, to a team they're about to play in 4 days. :wacko:

Yea but we get a defensive player from that very same team and I daresay there is much more to gain by us learning their defense than they about our O.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Yea but we get a defensive player from that very same team and I daresay there is much more to gain by us learning their defense than they about our O.

I can tell them all they need about the defense the Packers will send against them .....

They will put eight in the box ... they will pressure the QB using only 3 rushers, the other 5 will clog up the running lanes ... they'll double Evans when they feel it's necessary, and take their chances single covering our other "play makers" ... see simple ... even I can game plan to beat the Bills. :wallbash:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=288237

OK i have a brother inlaw who is partners in a construction company with a NFL LB and i was told that this LB is coming to Buffalo in a trade for one of our RB's

Bash me if you want but this trade is in the works

A quick search of his message history has him saying he lives in Ohio and went to Ohio State. He also had a comment a few days ago saying the Bills should trade for AJ Hawk since he is not starting. Another quick search says that AJ Hawk owns a construction company in Columbus http://www.bbb.org/centralohio/business-reviews/contractor-commercial/mid-ohio-contracting-services-ltd-in-grandview-heights-oh-70059357

Take it for what it's worth. Usually these rumors seem like pipe dreams but this guy's story actually adds up.

Wow, great investigative journalism! You should work for a news station. Seriously, I think you did more work on this than I have seen from most reporters on their stories in like 10 years.

:thumbsup:

I can tell them all they need about the defense the Packers will send against them .....

They will put eight in the box ... they will pressure the QB using only 3 rushers, the other 5 will clog up the running lanes ... they'll double Evans when they feel it's necessary, and take their chances single covering our other "play makers" ... see simple ... even I can game plan to beat the Bills. :wallbash:

See my thread about The Buffalo Catch-22. The answer is to seriously throw deep or long range passes (15 to 50 yard passes in the air) -at least 10 a game. And when I say 10 a game, I mean 10 that are actually thrown, not just called and the QB ends up on his back or checks down. We have to spread the defense in order to win...simple as that.

Edited by tonyd19

See my thread about The Buffalo Catch-22. The answer is to seriously throw deep or long range passes (15 to 50 yard passes in the air) -at least 10 a game. And when I say 10 a game, I mean 10 that are actually thrown, not just called and the QB ends up on his back or checks down. We have to spread the defense in order to win...simple as that.

Nice to see someone acknowledge that spread offenses can be effective in the NFL. :thumbsup:

LB's rarely go high, and to take one #5 and he doesn't even start? i think that not only qualifies, but is the definition of a bust. or at best, he does not fit in a 3-4, which obviously doesn't help us.

doesn't mean he can't play for us necessarily, but Poz is back in 2-3 weeks and seems just as good... and A.Davis is the only LB with 3-4 experience so i'd think he'd stay. so Hawk would liekly be a backup here too. i do think Lynch has value as a 2 time 1000 yard rusher that is young, that is the important part.. what is he, 24? maybe sunday can be considered a showcase for each.

It's not Hawk's fault he got picked #5 overall...In 4 years he's got over 400 total tackles, 8.5 Sacks and 5 INT's and he played EVERY Game since day #1 in the NFL...Not exactly a bust...He's did not start against Philly because GB played their Nickel Package basically the whole Game...Hawk is not in when they go to 5 or 6 DB's...Which I'll give you is not what you want from somebody picked #5 overall...But I think it's got more to do with the guy they replace him with and less about Hawk's ability...

Hawk can play ILB in a 3-4...There is zero reason to believe Hawk would not be The Bills best ILB on Base Downs from the minute he stepped on to the field...Green Bay simply has better personnel than the Bills do (is that so hard to imagine ;) ), and the guy that is battling Hawk for PT is most definitely a player...Brandon Chillar is an ex 4th Round Pick who has REALLY come on in GB...They just signed the guy to a 4 year, $22.65 million deal with $7 million guaranteed. So it's no surprise the Pack are looking towards the future with Hawks Contract and name being what it is...

I look at a guy like AJ Hawk (who may or may not be available) and I see an opportunity...He comes from a winning Organization in College and the NFL...The Bills desperately need players like Hawk...They need competition everywhere and they need players who have talent that is better than average...So what if Poz comes back in a couple weeks...You think he's gonna stay healthy? Let Poz, davis and Hawk fight it out for PT...No harm in that...Again I think getting a player the caliber of AJ Hawk when all you have to give up is your 3rd string RB is an amazing potential value...And if he does not work out you're really not out much at the end of the year...A move like this would signify to me The Bills are still serious about at least trying to win Football Games...We'll see... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

AJ HAWK = LYNCH

First rounders, had impressive starts and were statistical leaders on the team at one point and have now fizzled and sit second or third on the depth chart. Could potentially be an NFL starter on another roster.

They both are in positions now that are a dime a dozen. Decent back up LB's and RB's are abundant.

If I am on either side of the fence I'd say why not?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The trade itself makes sense for both sides.

It's the classic garbage for garbage trade, similar to the Rams trading Alex Barron to Dallas for Bobby Carpenter.

While I dont beliebe the brother in law as a source, the concept of this trade makes sense.

That said, I agree with other posters who have stated our strength is at ILB and we need OLB's. But, Hawk and Poz in the middle would be a nice combination going forward, allowing Andra Davis next season to move to a more fitting rotational role.

I'm not 100% up on the Packers, but it looks like he is pretty much only playing Special Teams now. I'd say that if your #5 overall draft pick ends up being solely a special teamer, he's a bust.

Believe it or not, players picked that highly are supposed to end up being elite players. When yours can't sniff the field, you've got a problem.

U guys can keep dogging Marshawn as much as you want but I can tell you that if he goes to the Packers, the sky will be the limit.

Watch how much his star blooms with AR pulling the trigger. I actually hope Beast Mode resurrects his career at Lambeau

U guys can keep dogging Marshawn as much as you want but I can tell you that if he goes to the Packers, the sky will be the limit.

Watch how much his star blooms with AR pulling the trigger. I actually hope Beast Mode resurrects his career at Lambeau

Great point I'd rather see them move Fred Jackson first.

OK i have a brother inlaw who is partners in a construction company with a NFL LB and i was told that this LB is coming to Buffalo in a trade for one of our RB's

A quick search of his message history has him saying he lives in Ohio and went to Ohio State. He also had a comment a few days ago saying the Bills should trade for AJ Hawk since he is not starting. Another quick search says that AJ Hawk owns a construction company in Columbus http://www.bbb.org/centralohio/business-reviews/contractor-commercial/mid-ohio-contracting-services-ltd-in-grandview-heights-oh-70059357

Take it for what it's worth. Usually these rumors seem like pipe dreams but this guy's story actually adds up.

why do all bills fans want everyone else's trash? if hawk were any good and with his draft status why is he not starting?

why do bills fans want everyone else's trash?

if hawk was any good and with where he was drafted why is he sitting the bench? lastly do you realize the amount of money we would be paying the guy to sit the bench.

Poz played an excellent game on Sunday. Hawk is better than Poz? By what measure? Hawk doesn't even play.

Poz all but gave up the first touchdown. Awful in coverage. Maybe you didn't see Fasano burn the hell out of him and now he is hurt again. They are both great white hopes.

I'm not 100% up on the Packers, but it looks like he is pretty much only playing Special Teams now. I'd say that if your #5 overall draft pick ends up being solely a special teamer, he's a bust.

Believe it or not, players picked that highly are supposed to end up being elite players. When yours can't sniff the field, you've got a problem.

Well he sniffed the field enough in his 1st 4 years to average over 100 tackles per season...The fact that the Packers Drafted Hawk at #5 overall has NOTHING to do with how much he could help The Bills...Is it really that hard to understand there are better players out there available because other Teams are FAR more deep and talented than the Buffalo Bills?...Sometimes I wonder if folks on this board actually ARE running The Bills...It certainly would explain why they suck so bad...Your opinion on Hawk is based on ONE game...He's not "solely a special teamer..." He's a 4 year starter who has yet to miss a Game in the NFL...And there are extenuating circumstances leading to this decision by Green Bay to leave Hawk out of the Nickel and Dime packages....Mainly the fact that they just gave the guy who does play in those packages a 4 year deal with $7 million dollars guaranteed. Another reason is the other guy can play too...He can play REALLY well...It happens when you actually Draft well and make good Free Agent decisions...It actually does happen in the NFL...I know as Bills Fans we're not necessarily aware of these things...

I don't claim to be up on the Pack 100% either but according to his Coaches he's still the Starter and the fact that he did not play vs. Philly was due to them playing the whole Game in Nickel and Dime...His DC also commented that Hawk had a great pre season...The assumption that he's a bust or can't play is absurd...Is he an excellent cover LB? Apparently not...Would he likely be the best LB on the Bills Roster the minute he hit the field in Buffalo? Probably so...

I have a feeling AJ Hawk is going to take this VERY personally and play his ass off for whoever gets him in the future...I guess we'll see soon enough what kind of a bust he really is.. B-)

Looked at a couple of Packers boards and most ranged from "A.J. is mediocre and we should make the trade"

to "He's pretty decent against the run and we're thin at LB so we shouldn't trade him." But there were very few

"No way should we trade A.J." And a few saying they'd be robbing us. So, I don't know if he's worth trading Marshawn

for (if the rumors were to be true) unless picks were also involved. To be honest though, I don't know enough about

him and his situation in GB.

A few interesting tidbits I did pick up:

A.J.'s house is up for sale (although we've been down that road before with other rumors)

A.J.'s agent did announce that A.J. was open to a trade

A.J.'s salary for next season is $10,000,000 so I think if he came the deal would have to be restructured

Anyhow, I'm against trading Marshawn unless it is for a player who is a significant upgrade to one of our starters

(preferably OL or OLB) or the draft pick(s) offered are too good to pass up. It's nice to have depth at at least one

position on our team...especially after seeing Fred and Marshawn both go down in the preseason.

Looked on the BB.com message board and this guy finally admitted that it is AJ Hawk who he is talking about

Dude u wanna know the truth my source is my Brother in Law who is partner with AJ Hawk in Mid Ohio Contracting.....so why dont you go back through my post and you will see i have NEVER said i have a source before this moment My information is coming straight from AJ Hawks mouth

Hawks stats

Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF

2010 Green Bay Packers 1 0 1 1 0 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2009 Green Bay Packers 16 14 89 67 22 1.0 -- 2 2 42 21.0 29 0 0

2008 Green Bay Packers 16 16 86 67 19 3.0 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2007 Green Bay Packers 16 16 105 78 27 1.0 -- 4 1 10 10.0 10 0 1

2006 Green Bay Packers 16 16 119 82 37 3.5 -- 6 2 31 15.5 25 0 1

TOTAL 400 295 105 -- 0 13 -- 83 -- 29 0 2

Poz's Stats

Career Statsmore

Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF

2010 Buffalo Bills 1 1 8 6 2 1.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2009 Buffalo Bills 12 12 111 88 23 1.0 -- 4 3 20 6.7 17 0 3

2008 Buffalo Bills 16 16 110 87 23 0.0 -- 6 1 9 9.0 9 0 1

2007 Buffalo Bills 3 3 26 17 9 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

TOTAL 255 198 57 -- 0 10 -- 29 -- 17 0 4

If it is Hawk AND a draft pick for Lynch, why wouldn't Nix do it? Why didn't he trade Lynch for a pick BEFORE the draft? I get the impression the organization is happy with what they are paying Marshawn in the last year of his contract and would rather not alter their current salary structure.

His stats look ok but he would be an inside LB here, that is the biggest reason I cannot see it happening. I mean we kept ML this long and yeah injuries might be driving up the asking price right at the moment but in effect we would be trading depth for depth. I think Hawk sounds pretty good.

The best we could do is to trade depth for quality starter and by that I mean someone that would start at a place we don't have a quality starter.

If it was this guy and a 2nd rounder yeah you go for it.

Edited by bowery4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine Marshawn running amok in the streets of Green Bay...

If it is Hawk AND a draft pick for Lynch, why wouldn't Nix do it? Why didn't he trade Lynch for a pick BEFORE the draft? I get the impression the organization is happy with what they are paying Marshawn in the last year of his contract and would rather not alter their current salary structure.

It certainly seems that way...While Teams like the Patsies are seemingly always a step ahead...Turning over their Roster constantly to stockpile Draft Picks. Getting rid of Players with value who are not going to play as much on their Team. The Bills on the other hand continue to boggle the mind with their organizational strategy...Marshawn Lynch is a former 1st Round Draft Pick with talent no question...BUT...He's the #3 RB on this Bills Team. A team GREATLY lacking in talent in other positions...It would be one thing if The Bills were a perennial Playoff Team with a history of shrewd moves under their belt...It's quite another for a team that seemingly can't get anything right and simply appear to be clueless...

When I heard Gailey talk about this great advantage The Bills feel they have with 3 good RB's I had to laugh...1st off you don't need 3 great RB's when you basically suck on Offense...OK I know 2 got hurt in Pre Season...Crap happens...Deal with it like other Teams do...You never assume injuries anyway...It's a luxury for good Teams, like the Giants SB winning Team a few years back, to have 3 good RB's...Teams like The Bills cannot afford such luxuries, but who the hell knows what this bunch is thinking anymore...The Bills don't even have anyone to block for them, but they need 3 RB's???... :blink:

Whatever...I'm done trying to figure out that bunch at OBD...They are so far removed from a top-notch NFL organization it's actually a bit silly at this point...I'm not sure who is really pulling the strings with The Bills now, but I am pretty sure I was wrong in giving anyone the benefit of the doubt...This keeping Lynch thing pretty much proves I was wrong about that... B-)

Well he sniffed the field enough in his 1st 4 years to average over 100 tackles per season...The fact that the Packers Drafted Hawk at #5 overall has NOTHING to do with how much he could help The Bills...Is it really that hard to understand there are better players out there available because other Teams are FAR more deep and talented than the Buffalo Bills?...Sometimes I wonder if folks on this board actually ARE running The Bills...It certainly would explain why they suck so bad...

Well put.

Trotting out the flim flam excuse that "player X isn't perfect in every way" when the Bills have lesser to no talent at the position isn't very reassuring. A team doesn't get better sitting around waiting for the next Peyton Manning, Barry Sanders, and Bruce Smith to fall out of the sky simultaneously into their laps. If a team actually shows they have a pulse, a clue, and are trying to build something successful, the actions themselves can make the team a more desirable destination. The Packers underwent some turmoil a few years ago when they parted ways with Favre, but few today would say that the Packers are a bad team without hope and are perceived by most around the league as a joke.

Some thoughts on the thread.

I don't know why people bash Posluszny so much, he's one of the best players on this team and he wasn't even a first round pick or a free agent given a fat contract. Sometimes injuries are just plain bad luck.

I don't care if an athlete is white, black, green, or blue. It is always ignorant to talk about their race as a factor in their play.

A.J. Hawk - every time I've seen him he looks like a stud. He looks bigger, stronger, and faster than our best linebacker, Posluszny. He has great football speed, which is to say that he has a great combination of timed speed or natural speed and the instincts and understanding to use it effectively on the field.

Trade details - Hawk needs to restructure, nobody is going to pay him 10 million dollars next year. Lynch would help the Packers more in their rotation than he would in ours. Hawk wants to be on the field more, he didn't play last week because they only played sub packages. Hawk should play in our Nickel, the Bills usually keep their three base linemen in and throw in a rush linebacker to play like an end, sometimes with the hand down. Hawk shouldn't have trouble covering most tight ends and backs as one of the two traditional linebackers in that package.

Some thoughts on the thread.

I don't know why people bash Posluszny so much, he's one of the best players on this team and he wasn't even a first round pick or a free agent given a fat contract. Sometimes injuries are just plain bad luck.

I don't care if an athlete is white, black, green, or blue. It is always ignorant to talk about their race as a factor in their play.

A.J. Hawk - every time I've seen him he looks like a stud. He looks bigger, stronger, and faster than our best linebacker, Posluszny. He has great football speed, which is to say that he has a great combination of timed speed or natural speed and the instincts and understanding to use it effectively on the field.

Trade details - Hawk needs to restructure, nobody is going to pay him 10 million dollars next year. Lynch would help the Packers more in their rotation than he would in ours. Hawk wants to be on the field more, he didn't play last week because they only played sub packages. Hawk should play in our Nickel, the Bills usually keep their three base linemen in and throw in a rush linebacker to play like an end, sometimes with the hand down. Hawk shouldn't have trouble covering most tight ends and backs as one of the two traditional linebackers in that package.

That is a nice post but yeah the money is an issue, and I think ML is under a reasonable contract until the end of 2011 (am I wrong? he has a six year deal, no?). I always thought that Hawk was a bit overrated to be honest with you but maybe I am wrong. He seemed to be better a couple years ago for some reason. I never thought he was all that in coverage but honestly who notices LBs in coverage unless they blow at it. The restructuring deal seems problematical this year in particular.

I hate LB tackle stats because assists are counted (he didn't average more than 100 in his first 4 unless you add those in, in fact last 2 years not at all even with them in). Some agent must have thought of that idea. Actually looking at his stats he is better than I thought but I am not sure we should do it. I think we wait and see how we are with 3 backs first and if whatever Chan had plan for the 3 of them works at all. Or maybe Nix is just shrewd as hell and he will do something like this and it will work out great. I will be real jealous if some other team gets one of our good players and makes something out of them. I have seen that happen way too much in the past.

GB is more desperate to get this done than we are, I hope if we do it, it is under very good (we take advantage of them good) terms. I don't think player for player is THAT good; a very good draft w/ him is.