Interesting Rumor on BB.com Message Board

coastalpika

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People really believe that the Packers would have to add something into a deal for a RB? RB's are a dime a dozen in this league and easier to find then o-linemen, or LB's. If the Packers were looking to dump Hawk, it would be straight up, or it would be the Bills throwing in a draft pick.

lol true. and people thinking Lynch has some amazing value are clueless.

he's a guy thats known as hard to bring down, but also slow in a league that increasingly wants fast backs. he's also been beaten out by a journeyman in Jackson and a rookie in Spiller. Plus he has off field issues. Hes basically Travis Henry, just not as good

Its possible GB could be throwing in a little something extra than just Hawk. I could be reading too much into it, but he merely said he was IN a trade for one of our RBs.

"He is being traded for one of our RBs" sounds different than "he is in a trade for one of our QBs".

Meant RBs, not QBs of course. Sorry, can't edit in this mobile version of the site.

Well it would be nice if they could throw in a QB, OLT, WR, ORT too! I am really inclined not to buy into any of these rumors anymore. I've been reading rumors for a couple of years now and nothing ever happens when it comes to the Bills or Sabres. It would be refreshing to see the Bills organization do just about anyting at this point that shows that they are trying to change the losing mentality that the organization has had for several years.

I'm not losing any sleep over this like I said as I just won't believe it until it happens. The last time something surprised me was when the Bills signed T.O. and I was also happy when Jauron was let go as well, but not shocked!

I just want us to get through this year quickly and if it's a dismal year like I think is probable I am hoping that the Bills finally draft a franchise QB and find their way back into the 1st round to grab a OLT. I would then go into the 2nd round and snag a WR. This won't fill all the holes, but it would go a long way in filling our needs! Unfortunately, the Bills organization seems to run on a whole different set of logic which means they will probably draft a CB in the 1st round, another "best available player" RB in the 2nd, and who knows a Punter in the 3rd round. That is more likely based on past experience than the Bills fulfilling their positional needs as I see them.

Well if it's a rumor on the Buffalobills.com message boards it must be grounded in reality!

Apparently, Packers fans have been discussing this possibility as well. A guy I work with, a huge Packers fan, mentioned it to me earlier today...my reaction was "you guys got any legit, tackles you can spare?" The prospect of AJ Hawk does little for me.

Heres an idea. As bad as our LBs are, we still held the fish to 13 points (safety doesnt count agaisnt the D). Why not try to upgrade the OL? Is the Bills FO so freakign stupid that they dont see how bad it is hindering out entire team?

There is an irrate guard in NE that is demanding a trade, luckily for us this team loves draft picks (I dont care if they are in our division or not). swallow your sack buddy and take the easy way out (easy as in save yourself the risk of drafting more busts next year and trade some picks for this guy).

After that, call up you pals in SD, and bet the farm on McNiel. Trade Lynch if you want to save some picks. Trade Whitner even. Bottom line is if we could add those two guys, while keeping just one of our top 3 draft picks in the 2011 draft, we have a huge huge victory. Hell, trade our 1st 2nd and 3rd away for those two. Two all pro OL would make your pick of Spiller somewhat worth it.

No good teams overlook the most important unit in football.

he's a guy thats known as hard to bring down, but also slow in a league that increasingly wants fast backs. he's also been beaten out by a journeyman in Jackson and a rookie in Spiller. Plus he has off field issues. Hes basically Travis Henry, just not as good

He's significantly better than Henry ever was, and on a team with a good line you'd see it. Even last year, he had one of the higher ypcs in the league after the first hit. Most things I've read about him that don't come from the Bills but from other teams suggest that there is a consensus throughout the league that he's actually very talented. Interestingly, if the Bills hadn't taken him in 2007, a lot of people expected the Pack to take him.

Apparently, Packers fans have been discussing this possibility as well. A guy I work with, a huge Packers fan, mentioned it to me earlier today...my reaction was "you guys got any legit, tackles you can spare?" The prospect of AJ Hawk does little for me.

But what if they also threw in, say...

B-)

Rumors are popping up everywhere, which means this is most likely bogus. ESPN sites are reporting it's draft picks for Lynch, a 5th round.

It is on Bears sites around noon. (Big tip is to always check division rivals sites for info)

I can't believe that Buffalo would part ways with Lynch with out getting more than a 2nd round pick. We have seen he is an effective NFL back. I would rather keep Lynch and am not ready to give up on our lil gangsta

He might have some added value to Ted Thompson, the Packers GM, as he really wanted Lynch in the draft in 2007. They drafted Harrell only because Lynch wasn't available to them...

Poz played an excellent game on Sunday. Hawk is better than Poz? By what measure? Hawk doesn't even play.

Maybe not, but he is certainly better than Kelsay...