Kawika Mitchell to IR

sven233

I am never glad that a human being is hurt, but I am glad that Mitchell won't be in a Bills uniform this season. In my opinion, he's not only a below average player, but a cocky, self-absorbed, below average human being. He never seemed to grasp the idea of the Buffalo football community, constantly preached at the fans like children, and somehow talked more than Donte Whitner while being even worse. What a waste of oxygen this guy is -- I hope this marks the end of his Bills career.

Edited by wardigital

Ayodele>Mitchell...i think so. Ayodele has been a career starter, and i dont think hes much of a downdgrade, if not an upgrade over Mitchell.

Ayodele is a better run defender ... just tough luck situation for Mitchell.

The way Gailey phrased the injury yesterday there were strong hints that it was more serious than a game or two ... I agree this might be another injury settlement case designed so we can get a replacement onto the line-up.

Thankfully Ayodele has played in Edwards' system so in the end this should be a gain for the Bills.

I feel bad for him too. A class act and a heck of a football player when healthy, unfortuneatly he hasn't been able to stay healthy the past few seasons. It is one signing that didn't work out that you really can't criticize the FO for, sense when he came here he didn't have an injury history and he was a big piece of the defense that won the Super Bowl for the Giants a few months before he signed here. I hope he makes it back, but because of these injuries, his career might be winding down, at least as anything more than a situational role player. At the very least signing this guy from Miami might help us gameplan.

Took a lot of plays off. See ya.

Ayodele is a better run defender ... just tough luck situation for Mitchell.

The way Gailey phrased the injury yesterday there were strong hints that it was more serious than a game or two ... I agree this might be another injury settlement case designed so we can get a replacement onto the line-up.

Thankfully Ayodele has played in Edwards' system so in the end this should be a gain for the Bills.

+1

This may actually be the perfect pick up for the Bills. Mitchell was second on the depth chart, anyway, and was iffy at best given his talent and recent string of injuries. Ayodele played for Edwards, so he's a replacement part that is already up to speed and was good enough to start a bunch of games the last few seasons. Essentially he's Mitchell with 2 years in the system, already.

I am never glad that a human being is hurt, but I am glad that Mitchell won't be in a Bills uniform this season. In my opinion, he's not only a below average player, but a cocky, self-absorbed, below average human being. He never seemed to grasp the idea of the Buffalo football community, constantly preached at the fans like children, and somehow talked more than Donte Whitner while being even worse. What a waste of oxygen this guy is -- I hope this marks the end of his Bills career.

maybe you should read this:

http://twitter.com/kawikamitchell

i liked mitchell...he seemed like a real leader and not a rambling buffoon like whitner

maybe you should read this:

http://twitter.com/kawikamitchell

i liked mitchell...he seemed like a real leader and not a rambling buffoon like whitner

I do read his Twitter. That's one of the reasons I think he is so self-absorbed. The constant bitching at the Buffalo community over his perceived slights to Bills players were routinely unfounded. He couldn't even be bothered to be professional when Richie Incognito came into this organization for a few weeks last year. I don't care what a player feels personally about another player, what he did there was particularly destructive.

This is addition by subtraction in terms of football. Best wishes to Mitchell on a speedy and easy recovery, and then go the hell elsewhere.

Took a lot of plays off. See ya.

Like when? I guess you are one of the few people that have hatred towards certain players, regardless of how they perform on the field. I don't recall Mitchell taking plays off, but then again you are probably one of the few that claim T.O. didn't take plays off. I can understand not thinking certain players are good, or certain players not being a favorite, or having a favorite player, but when you have to make crap up to display your hatred towards a player it is quite ridiculous. See Ya! Nobody wants Ya!

Good luck KM.

Welcome back London Fletcher. Oops, I meant Akin Ayodele.

I was going to say "You Wish" but I should say "We All Wish".

But with two days to prepare for a regular season game, head coach Chan Gailey stated that Ayodele would not be dressed for Sunday’s home opener.

“He'll be on the inactive list this week and then we'll find out where he is and what he knows and what he can add for us in the next week or two," said Gailey. "How fast he comes along is up to him."

from buffalobills.com article

So he is inactive for this week.... :huh: Who is our back-up inside LB? Ellison? God help us

Good luck KM.

Welcome back London Fletcher. Oops, I meant Akin Ayodele.

Fletcher is always around the ball, good in coverage, and durable. Wish the Bills kept him around.

Too bad, even though he definitely under-performed, he's the only LB on the team that I really cared for, everyone else is meh at best. I do think Ayodele is a nice pickup though at this stage of the season.

Davis and Tarbor seem solid. Poz... I wish I could see him developing into Urlacher 2, I am losing hope on that front.

Fletcher is always around the ball, good in coverage, and durable. Wish the Bills kept him around.

Davis and Tarbor seem solid. Poz... I wish I could see him developing into Urlacher 2, I am losing hope on that front.

All Davis knows is how to lose, for even longer than Kelsay. Torbor on the other hand did earn a ring, but he's been pretty nondescript ever since. Pos has just been inconsistent as all hell. I'm hoping that Galley will have a much, MUCH quicker hook than Jauron did if these guys prove that they can't cut it.

Like when? I guess you are one of the few people that have hatred towards certain players, regardless of how they perform on the field. I don't recall Mitchell taking plays off, but then again you are probably one of the few that claim T.O. didn't take plays off. I can understand not thinking certain players are good, or certain players not being a favorite, or having a favorite player, but when you have to make crap up to display your hatred towards a player it is quite ridiculous. See Ya! Nobody wants Ya!

I was going to say "You Wish" but I should say "We All Wish".

Nope. I'm on record saying TO took plays off with frequency. Nice try though.

Read the rest of this thread and you will see others posting of Mithcell's underperformance. If you watched him play (when he did play) you saw him take plays off. Poz doesn't do that.

I don't "hate" football players. That would be....well, retarded. But saying I am one of the "few people" who have "hatred" towards certain players is "quite ridiculous". Guess you have never read any of the Edwards sucks/Poz sucks/Whitner sucks/Fitz sucks.... etc posts that populate these pages.

Panic set in when Mitchell got on IR but then we made a smart move by signing Ayodele. Ayodele is as good as Mitchell so its not a big big deal but still I think that it would have been nice to have both Mitchell and Aydoele but its good to at least one quality MLB backing up Davis and Poz. Smart move by Buddy to get Ayodele.