Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

Love that they are not in sigs. I have no idea what the image size limit is--but the post that caught my eye and its response here

http://forums.twobil...ost__p__1942217

That's a punch in the face. A thread full of stuff like this will look a song lyric web page. (Why do song lyric all have so much junk on them?)

And BTW, I am really happy to hear that your aesthetic wants to avoid that look.

Yeah, that shouldn't be happening. I thought I prevented external images from being shown.

Only small thumbnail images smaller than avatars should be shown inline with the text.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that isn't what is going to happen. Images are not allowed in signatures (at least I am working to prevent them). They are (should be) only allowed in posts and then they are presented in small thumbnails.

If you can point me to these boxes - that would be great, as they were not uploaded as attachments.

oh thank god. hadnt seen this mentioned yesterday and just tried to make a test thread with an image in it to see if it could be done. luckily it didnt work. nothing worse than a board full of images and gifs. i wont even bother mentioning images in sigs, blech.

nice work, scott.

The Reputation System is not operational yet. I still have to think through the implementation. So, if you try to "rep" someone - it probably won't work.

Let me know as soon as it's online. I have plenty of wrathful vengeance to unleash :devil:

Reputation huh. This will make PPP interesting...

Only for a couple days until everybodys rating reaches the basement. After that, nobody will care anymore

Yeah, that shouldn't be happening. I thought I prevented external images from being shown.

Only small thumbnail images smaller than avatars should be shown inline with the text.

Thanks.

I also note that the first thing I see when I go to TBD is some guy and his girlfriend. This feature is good when all the pics are of football games but not when it's drunk fans.

When reading a bunch of replies, there use to be a "to the top" button that would send you back up.

Am I missing something?

Scroll all the way down the page, you'll see "Back To Top" in the bottom banner.

Edited by Just Jack

Except that isn't what is going to happen. Images are not allowed in signatures (at least I am working to prevent them). They are (should be) only allowed in posts and then they are presented in small thumbnails.

If you can point me to these boxes - that would be great, as they were not uploaded as attachments.

What's very good is the images (previews) and youtube vids aren't repeated in the quotes of replies. That gets old REAL fast.

EDIT: I just noticed that, while the preview images aren't shown in quoted replies, the youtube vids are. And, I will repeat, that gets old fast.

BTW, is it just youtube that embeds or any video site (metacafe, dailymotion, etc)?

Love that they are not in sigs. I have no idea what the image size limit is--but the post that caught my eye and its response here

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/117731-tight-end-problem/page__view__findpost__p__1942217

That's a punch in the face. A thread full of stuff like this will look a song lyric web page. (Why do song lyric all have so much junk on them?)

And BTW, I am really happy to hear that your aesthetic wants to avoid that look.

I'm thinking this was already fixed by SDS. If not I can't figure out what the issue is in that thread.

Edited by The Dean

Hey Scott. Thanks...but what a PITA. How do I change my font? Or does it permanently default to "that which looks like Times New Roman?

I hate Times New Roman. But the site looks nice, and will take some working around therein.

"How Does the Wine Taste?" - Barbara Streisand

Hey Scott. Thanks...but what a PITA. How do I change my font? Or does it permanently default to "that which looks like Times New Roman?

I hate Times New Roman. But the site looks nice, and will take some working around therein.

"How Does the Wine Taste?" - Barbara Streisand

I believe the entire forum is one type of sans-serif font, so I have no idea what you are seeing. I don't see a serif font anywhere.

Let me know as soon as it's online. I have plenty of wrathful vengeance to unleash :devil:

Only for a couple days until everybodys rating reaches the basement. After that, nobody will care anymore

True.

Hey SDS, would the software support a max of two (or four or whatever) ratings for each individual poster per rating poster. So, for examples sake, I could rate Dev twice total, could be a negative and a positive or two of either.

What's very good is the images (previews) and youtube vids aren't repeated in the quotes of replies. That gets old REAL fast.

EDIT: I just noticed that, while the preview images aren't shown in quoted replies, the youtube vids are. And, I will repeat, that gets old fast.

BTW, is it just youtube that embeds or any video site (metacafe, dailymotion, etc)?

I'm thinking this was already fixed by SDS. If not I can't figure out what the issue is in that thread.

Youo didn't see a BIG YouTube vid screen about midway down that page? I sure did. And I agree, that will get old REAL fast

Oh, and about seeing who voted for which poll option... I hate that! I'm usually the guy that votes for the one absurd answer, just to throw the curve. Now everyone will know!

Youo didn't see a BIG YouTube vid screen about midway down that page? I sure did. And I agree, that will get old REAL fast

Oh, and about seeing who voted for which poll option... I hate that! I'm usually the guy that votes for the one absurd answer, just to throw the curve. Now everyone will know!

Now everyone does know and you didn't even have to vote...

he was talking a picture that showed up. That post is gone.

The YT thing is much ado about nothing. It's not like every thread will have one. I doubt one in 200 will have one.

Also, the public voting is an option on the poll - the default is private.

The YT thing is much ado about nothing. It's not like every thread will have one. I doubt one in 200 will have one.

Gotcha.

I hope you're right about the YT vids. Never underestimate the tards... is my motto though.

I'll have to make sure I double check the poll, before I vote. :thumbsup:

Will the voters know if the poll is private or public?