Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Scott just tell Harriett to "show all"? :unsure:

Not the first time... 0:)

Question about the new board: I noticed a poll that has a disclaimer: "This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose." Had some questions:

1) Really? A disclaimer?

2) No, really...A freakin' disclaimer?

3) Seriously now...you mean to tell me that someone in the great, wide intertubes voted in a poll without realizing that it was a freakin' poll??? :unsure:

4) C'mon...you're kidding, right?

5) We now live in a world where the internet has disclaimers that essentially read "Caution: you're on the !@#$ing internet, you idiot."???

Not the first time... 0:)

Question about the new board: I noticed a poll that has a disclaimer: "This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose." Had some questions:

1) Really? A disclaimer?

2) No, really...A freakin' disclaimer?

3) Seriously now...you mean to tell me that someone in the great, wide intertubes voted in a poll without realizing that it was a freakin' poll??? :unsure:

4) C'mon...you're kidding, right?

5) We now live in a world where the internet has disclaimers that essentially read "Caution: you're on the !@#$ing internet, you idiot."???

There are two kinds of polls, it seems. Annon polls where no one can see who voted for what. (I believe that's the default and is typical of most polls on message boards and was the way of the old polls). And public polls where everyone can see who voted for what.

The public polls have the disclaimer.

For the past two days the right side of my response box extends under the emoticons such that I am unable to see what I'm typing in that area. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Close the emoticons box.

I'm using IE and don't have that problem, when I open the emoticons, it resizes the response box to fit the emoticons next to it.

Apologies if this is already answered...

I sent two separate replies (or so I thought)that happened to fall back to back. When I went back to the thread the replies were 'bundled' as they are when you reply to multiple posts in a thread at the same time.

Is that done to cut down the # of replies and bandwidth, or did I inadvertently bundle them myself?

It cuts down on the number of replies just to make things a little cleaner and to artificially make the posters look smarter (like they know how to manage multi-quote). :)

I found one issue with this option. In my "A Town, A Team, A Dream" thread I wanted to use the emmbedded video option. It reported back I had to many media links. So I was going to put up three sperate posts in the thread with embedded video. It allowed the first post, but when it tried to combine the second post, all it provided was the URL address in the first post. I ended up using the traditional link option instead.