Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

No friends here, either. I just don't get the point. I think it's just the myspace/facebook-ification of the web.

it is the membership level based on number of posts.

Don't use the friend feature myself, but I guess it helps track content of certain people.

Nice, mulitquote works!

Yeah that's kinda what I thought. Maybe if more people liked us, it'd be a more important feature.

Although you got alot more buffalo's than me, Dean. Now I feel inferior. :pirate:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh...I went ahead and downloaded 7. We'll see if I get a call from IT tomorrow.

You'd be better off with Firefox or Google Chrome, IMO. But IE7 is definitely an improvement.

Although you got alot more buffalo's than me, Dean. Now I feel inferior. :pirate:

Excellent! My plan to flood the board with worthless posts to be superior is working.

Dude?

Yep. :devil: 'cause that's how I roll.

I got away from it for years (of course), but when they came out with final release -version 9. I switched back briefly, because my first web browser was Netscape 0.9b. Then I said, WTH, let's just keep using it. Almost 2years later... it's still rockin strong. Altough I switch to Firefox more frequently.

With regards to the Shoutbox...

I will most likely add an integrated chat room that logs you in just like the board does. That would make the shoutbox sort of superfluous, although I could be convinced to retain it if presented with a rational argument.

I can make some arguments on why not to bring it back....

Tip: to send a PM to someone - there is this microscopic green box with a little arrow by their name - click on that and a little pop up window shows. Select the icon that looks like an envelope.

When I'm in a thread I also see a larger envelope below the 'charging buffalo' that goes directly to PM.

When searching specific phrases or paraphrased quotes, the results just list the topics that match, not the individual posts.

Am I doing it wrong?

To get the results as posts and not topics, you have to use the advanced search function, and choose to have the results as posts. The advanced search option is to the right of the red magnifying glass. It looks like a gear, or a "configuration" icon.

one minor question, unless i am overlooking it, but how do we go to the last post in a thread? when I click on the name of the last poster, it just goes to his/her profile?

never mind...i failed to see the time/date was a hyperlink....got it now

Edited by The Poojer

A minor question from me..........I just started using the email notifications a few weeks ago - when somebody replies to a thread that I posted on. It would send me one email per visit. Now, I just got about 8 different ones when all you asshats replied to this thread...Is there any way to get it back to the other way. I checked my settings and can't see it.

A minor question from me..........I just started using the email notifications a few weeks ago - when somebody replies to a thread that I posted on. It would send me one email per visit. Now, I just got about 8 different ones when all you asshats replied to this thread...Is there any way to get it back to the other way. I checked my settings and can't see it.

no, I'm sorry there isn't a solution :D

Edited by Beerball