Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

Guest dog14787

There is a poll on the main page. When I first opened it there was a 'disclaimer' stating that it was a public poll and others would be able to see how I voted. After voting I poked around and couldn't find a way to see how I or anyone else voted. Obviously not a huge deal, just askin whether this function is available. (probably better if it's not :D )

Where you see view in small print directly after the bar graph, click on that and it will show you who voted for each subject.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I keep getting one email per board visit per topic that I posted on........I now have about 100 on this one topic.

Try going to "my settings", there is a notification tab. See if you've got it set to email notifications.

Where you see view in small print directly after the bar graph, click on that and it will show you who voted for each subject.

Thanks dog!

answered earlier, part of a to be implemented reputation system

on another note, when I clicked on the earlier post's URL (upper right corner), I was asked to temporarily allow scripted windows. Is there an IE 8 setting to always allow this function?

Thanks In-Gadda - I missed the earlier post. Scott again thanks - I can only imagine that you are still in the midst of the tidal wave of activity.

Edited by BuffaloBill

Apologies if this is already answered...

I sent two separate replies (or so I thought)that happened to fall back to back. When I went back to the thread the replies were 'bundled' as they are when you reply to multiple posts in a thread at the same time.

Is that done to cut down the # of replies and bandwidth, or did I inadvertently bundle them myself?

Apologies if this is already answered...

I sent two separate replies (or so I thought)that happened to fall back to back. When I went back to the thread the replies were 'bundled' as they are when you reply to multiple posts in a thread at the same time.

Is that done to cut down the # of replies and bandwidth, or did I inadvertently bundle them myself?

It cuts down on the number of replies just to make things a little cleaner and to artificially make the posters look smarter (like they know how to manage multi-quote). :)

I bumped it to 10

This shouldn't be true. Try hover the mouse over the title and look for an icon to appear off to the right....

Thanks.

As for editing the subject, I don't have any threads started in my name, so I can't test it. I assume you did and it is all hunky dory.

Thanks, again.

The red box is working for me.

The old skin is incompatible as it was from a previous major version. I could always import the sabres skin if I had to.

The board looks and is working fine here on my ancient browser at work, so that's a plus.

I see that you can post pics and vids into posts. My own $0.02: This uglifies the board.

I kind of like it with a thread-starter...but the photos and photo responses and photo responses and animated gif responses detract from the dialog.

Once the posters figure out how to insert pictures here, and they will, and it will make threads rough to navigate.

I've already seen 2 boxes of Preparation H in threads. And it was old the first time.

I see that you can post pics and vids into posts. My own $0.02: This uglifies the board.

I kind of like it with a thread-starter...but the photos and photo responses and photo responses and animated gif responses detract from the dialog.

Once the posters figure out how to insert pictures here, and they will, and it will make threads rough to navigate.

I've already seen 2 boxes of Preparation H in threads. And it was old the first time.

STEELY DAN. ALL OF MY RAGE.

Except that isn't what is going to happen. Images are not allowed in signatures (at least I am working to prevent them). They are (should be) only allowed in posts and then they are presented in small thumbnails.

If you can point me to these boxes - that would be great, as they were not uploaded as attachments.

Except that isn't what is going to happen. Images are not allowed in signatures (at least I am working to prevent them). They are (should be) only allowed in posts and then they are presented in small thumbnails.

If you can point me to these boxes - that would be great, as they were not uploaded as attachments.

Love that they are not in sigs. I have no idea what the image size limit is--but the post that caught my eye and its response here

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/117731-tight-end-problem/page__view__findpost__p__1942217

That's a punch in the face. A thread full of stuff like this will look a song lyric web page. (Why do song lyric all have so much junk on them?)

And BTW, I am really happy to hear that your aesthetic wants to avoid that look.