Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

Did we lose our assistant SDS? sometimes I use it to refresh my memory on what topics I've been discussing

Or do we just refer to profile?

Edited by dog14787

Did we lose our assistant SDS? sometimes I use it to refresh my memory on what topics I've been discussing

Or do we just refer to profile?

I never used it so I don't recall the feature set. Not sure if it was removed, moved, or replaced.

There was an assistant feature which appears to have gone missing. I used it to see my last 10 posts.

Check out "My Content" under the drop down menu in the upper right (under your user name).

Guest dog14787

I never used it so I don't recall the feature set. Not sure if it was removed, moved, or replaced.

No big deal, profile does the same thing,

When I try to insert a link in a response the box is off the left side of my screen so that I can't see what each field is for. I also can't drag the box to the right so that I can see what's what. Should I look at screen resolution?

Edited by Beerball

When I try to insert a link in a response the box is off the left side of my screen so that I can't see what each field is for. I also can't drag the box to the right so that I can see what's what. Should I look at screen resolution?

I'm guessing you use IE6?

Yes, reduce it to 0 by 0. I have to say these things before the reputation bit works.

Guest dog14787

Check out "My Content" under the drop down menu in the upper right (under your user name).

Works even better, thanks

Yeah, work laptop and they haven't approved later versions.

Sorry dude. You are SOL. I sympathize with you, but IE6 is a 9 year old, horrendously flawed browser that has terrorized web designers for years. I suggest finding a site you need for work that doesn't work and start bitching about it.

Although, I have heard IT depts keeping IE6 specifically because it DOES break websites.

Yeah, work laptop and they haven't approved later versions.

Sorry dude. You are SOL. I sympathize with you, but IE6 is a 9 year old, horrendously flawed browser that has terrorized web designers for years. I suggest finding a site you need for work that doesn't work and start bitching about it.

Although, I have heard IT depts keeping IE6 specifically because it DOES break websites.

Not only that, it is a MAJOR security issue right now. Your work IT guys must not be keeping up, Beersphere.

What's the number of Bills' logos refer to?

Also, what's the point of "adding a friend" (says the guy with no friends :cry:) Seriously, though.

No friends here, either. I just don't get the point. I think it's just the myspace/facebook-ification of the web.

What's the number of Bills' logos refer to?

Also, what's the point of "adding a friend" (says the guy with no friends :cry:) Seriously, though.

it is the membership level based on number of posts.

Don't use the friend feature myself, but I guess it helps track content of certain people.

There is a small green circle with a white + sign and a red circle with a white - at the bottom right corner of posts. What are these used for?

That will be part of the reputation system once implemented.

Seems to be missing on your posts :devil: [<= Needed to edit to change devil from text to icon]

Also links no longer open in a new tab [FF 3.6.8]

Edited by DieHardFan