Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

The shoutbox is a nice addition in that it presents a conversational aspect to the board that one can casually glance at and participate in without going out of the way or joining a focused discussion. It's also fosters a sense of community.

Plus it broadens the functionality of the board, I mean, where else are we to discuss the virtues and short-comings of DMB? Is it childish? Maybe. Entertaining? Absolutely.

It is also one of the aspects sets this board apart from other Bills message boards. That's my 2 cents anyway.

+1

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it. I am going to use the new report feature for that mean spirited / maclicious response to Dean-o. You sir, are a bully and must be put in your place!

The report feature isn't new. :devil:

A very minor question. So far when I click on that box that is supposed to take you to the last unread post, it is taking me to the start of the thread. I'm assuming that's just a minor headache and will work again once I read a couple threads?

Oh, and with this whole IE6.0 thing. Will you make the old skin an option for us people stuck with a dinosaur IT department like you did over on the Sabres board? I'm sure I'll figure out quickly tomorrow if my browser at work causes some trouble for me.

it just worked for me....i hadnt even noticed that box until you posted it...i clicked on the time/date of the 'last post' and it also got me to my destination.

A very minor question. So far when I click on that box that is supposed to take you to the last unread post, it is taking me to the start of the thread. I'm assuming that's just a minor headache and will work again once I read a couple threads?

Oh, and with this whole IE6.0 thing. Will you make the old skin an option for us people stuck with a dinosaur IT department like you did over on the Sabres board? I'm sure I'll figure out quickly tomorrow if my browser at work causes some trouble for me.

The red box is working for me.

The old skin is incompatible as it was from a previous major version. I could always import the sabres skin if I had to.

it just worked for me....i hadnt even noticed that box until you posted it...i clicked on the time/date of the 'last post' and it also got me to my destination.

Yeah, it works after you read the thread once, I think. Not a serious concern, but I was just curious.

Oh, and here's another one I'm just noticing. Every so often I'm seeing a small greenish box flash at the top of the screen. At first I thought it might be new shoutbox posts, but I checked and it isn't. Anyone else seeing this? It only seems to happen when I'm scrolled down a bit on a page.

Guest dog14787

Did we lose the ability to edit our post?

My edit feature seems to be missing,

back now, lol, is edit on a timer now?

Edited by dog14787

SDS- "It is now visible via the drop down menu in the lower left hand corner. However, it should have sensed your mobile device and feed you that skin automatically. What device do you use?"

When I posted earlier, the mobile (third) option wasn't showing. I am on an HTC Touch for the record.

It would be nice if I could quote/reply directly to an individual post rather than have to scroll all the way to the end and post a general reply.

Ok, need clarification. Trying on my mobile device, and could not figure how to log in. Wound up clicking on a post to reply at which time I got the log in creds. How does a first timer log in?

BTW. The mobile site looks great!

Edited by The Poojer

you can also change it so the shoutbox is a tab on the menu bar by opening the box and clicking on the preference button. that removes the shoutbox from the top of the board.

What's all this now?

Thanks for the tip, oh magnificent one!

Yeah, it works after you read the thread once, I think. Not a serious concern, but I was just curious.

Oh, and here's another one I'm just noticing. Every so often I'm seeing a small greenish box flash at the top of the screen. At first I thought it might be new shoutbox posts, but I checked and it isn't. Anyone else seeing this? It only seems to happen when I'm scrolled down a bit on a page.

I'm getting the same thing. No idea what it is. I didn't notice it this morning.

I think it's a green box that says "Loading" ... but it flashes so quick its hard to tell.