Who will lead the Bills in sacks?

Justice

I hope so, but Maybin spent a lot of time on the floor Friday. He just doesn't have the tools to be an effective pass rusher. He is a one trick pony that is easily stopped. Hopefully he can gain about 30 lbs and develop some nice counter moves. Until then, forget it.
I think Maybin can be good for a sack every other game, depending on how many plays he is in for. He may be ineffective most of the time, but 8 sacks is within reach (see: Aaron Schobel).

i think Edwards will lead the team in sacks...

Trent Edwards! :)

I was gonna say Bell. :wallbash:

However, anatomically speaking it should be a dead heat... :w00t: but my concern is there are a number of Sallys that could actually finish last in that race! :wallbash:

I've yet to see anything from Maybin that suggests he'll do anything well against first-string NFL players. Plus he's not even a starter, although he probably will always be in on passing downs. The sack leader is more likely to be a 3-down player. Dwan Edwards and Chris Kelsay do seem the most likely candidates. (Remember that even 3-4 teams usually play a 4-man line in nickel & dime, so Kelsay will still play a lot of DE this year.) But plenty of people have already guessed them, so I'll go with a dark horse: Arthur Moats. Probably no chance of it unless he's moved to OLB (due to a rash of injuries, maybe), and even then, it's pretty unlikely, but not impossible. I'm thinking that the sack leader winds up with around 4.5 sacks, similar to 2 years ago.

Maybin appears to be taking the next step, I'll go with Maybin

Taking a step backwards maybe. What exactly are you looking at? I saw every play, in person, Friday night and he got absolutely manhandled. The only time he got close to the QB was his late hit that cost us a touchdown! If Maybe isn't doing something negative then he's doing nothing at ll. He looked undersized, weak and was blocked by a rookie tackle, tight end or RB every play. I think he jumped on a pile once but that was it. He took terrible pursuit angles.

MAYBE SUCKS AGAIN THIS YEAR!

Taking a step backwards maybe. What exactly are you looking at? I saw every play, in person, Friday night and he got absolutely manhandled. The only time he got close to the QB was his late hit that cost us a touchdown! If Maybe isn't doing something negative then he's doing nothing at ll. He looked undersized, weak and was blocked by a rookie tackle, tight end or RB every play. I think he jumped on a pile once but that was it. He took terrible pursuit angles.

Looks like you missed a large portion of the game then, even though you were there. As many have said already, when the OT gets both hands on him...sure...he's pretty useless right now. When he gets the edge (which he did atleast 5 times Friday) , he usually makes pretty good things happen (ie. a Sack, A forced Sack into another player which both happened Friday along with a hurry or 2)

So you missed his sack? He was credited 1 sack. While watching Maybin try to run around the outside on every play.. I was like.. doesn't this guy have an inside move? Right after I was thinking that he finally got off a inside spin move for a sack of Beck. Beck went down like a cream puff.. but he still got his hands on him and got the sack.

All you guys that think Maybin is gonna get it and lead the team in sacks this year are !@#$ing hysterical. Aside from Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay led the team last year with five sacks from his natural position at DE. Behind him Kyle Williams had four, while Ryan Denney and Spencer Johnson had two apiece. Schobel's gone, Kelsay and Williams have moved to positions that don't fit their skill sets (there is no way Kelsay excels at OLB and even if Williams who is a prototypical 4-3 DT excels he won't be racking up sacks), Denney is 33 and still terrible, and Spencer Johnson likely comes off the bench this year.

My guess is we have QB-pressure-by-committee, register somewhere between 24th and 30th in sacks with Torbor leading the way with 5.5. Maybin is cut at the end of 2011. If we want someone to rush the passer than has no skills except for his speed (and Mike Mayock's prized first step ("you either wake up with it in the morning or you don't")) but is finished once the opposing tackle gets a hand on you, then maybe we should just have Roscoe rush the passer. Wouldn't be any less effective, IMO.

I agree with the fact that Aaron Maybin is a boy in a league of men, AND that Torbor is the dark horse for the lead. I think he's gonna be pretty good. I liked what I saw from Dwan the other night too

If I had to guess, I would say Kelsay would be the sack leader, and that my friends is a scary thought. Chris Kelsay didn't exactly terrorize opposing QB's during his tenure in Buffalo and there is no reason to believe that is going to change simply because he is changing positions this year but I select him never the less because no one on our roster has more sacks than Kelsay at this present time.

I think Kelsay might actually get cut. I don't see him transitioning very well to outside linebacker. Plus he makes too much money to be a part time player. Also the injury puts him way behind. Maybe they trade him, maybe he gets cut is my thinking

Looks like you missed a large portion of the game then, even though you were there. As many have said already, when the OT gets both hands on him...sure...he's pretty useless right now. When he gets the edge (which he did atleast 5 times Friday) , he usually makes pretty good things happen (ie. a Sack, A forced Sack into another player which both happened Friday along with a hurry or 2)

He got a sack against a 4th string RFA who will not be on the team next week. When Maybe went against Trent Williams he was irrelevant! You Maybe apologists crack me up. He gets a sack against the water boy and you think he's the next Bruce Smith. He was a number 1 draft pick, can't play against the run and gets blown up by 1st team tackles. Yeah I was there in section 122 row 16 seat 5 to watch him get his little ass handed to him.

So you missed his sack? He was credited 1 sack. While watching Maybin try to run around the outside on every play.. I was like.. doesn't this guy have an inside move? Right after I was thinking that he finally got off a inside spin move for a sack of Beck. Beck went down like a cream puff.. but he still got his hands on him and got the sack.

It doesn't matter what he did against the 4th string tackle. Against trent williams, a rookie, he was a non factor, unless you throw in the penalty that cost us a TD. You cannot possibly count that sack against the water boy.

Other than QB and OL, which we all know is very weak, the biggest question about our Buffalo Bills is the pass rush. IMO, we will have one of, if not the worst, pass rush in NFL history this year. Our secondary will suffer because of this and the Bills will lose a lot of games.

To keep things in perspective, the Bills are in year one of a huge transition from the Tampa Two to the 3-4 defense. This change-over will take a lot longer than one year to fill in the personnel necessary to make such a drastic change effective. The Bills are going in the opposite end of the spectrum with this defensive scheme change. Had the Bills been playing a 4-3 with normal sized athletes as opposed to the midgets that Jauron loved so much then the transition would have been much easier.

At this point, I'm ready for the worst of the worst from the Bills this season and we need it. Jerry Sullivan was right, the Bills NEED to suck. The Bills need to be the first team on the clock in the 2011 draft. These are the cards that Gailey and Co. have been dealt. They can only plug a few holes at a time on this sinking ship. The Bills will use the draft as their main strategy of replenishing the roster because of financial and geographical constraints and what better way of doing this having the first pick in every round?

One of the problem areas for the Bills that couldn't be fixed this off-season is the pass rush. Nix had to know this was going to be huge concern because he brought in a lot of linebackers for interviews and such to see if there was anyone out there that can help us in this area.

Hopefully the younger guys, such as, Coleman, Batten, Ellis, and Maybin can get to the quarterback this year, but I doubt it. I'm having a hard time deciding who will lead the Bills in sacks this year.

If I had to guess, I would say Kelsay would be the sack leader, and that my friends is a scary thought. Chris Kelsay didn't exactly terrorize opposing QB's during his tenure in Buffalo and there is no reason to believe that is going to change simply because he is changing positions this year but I select him never the less because no one on our roster has more sacks than Kelsay at this present time.

Come April, when the year is over with and the draft dawns upon us once again the Bills will have a huge decision to make. We have major needs at QB, OLB, and OT. In what order will the Bills address these needs? I do not envy the position Nix is in. This rebuild will not be easy.

Which ever safety blitzs the most!! :ph34r:

He got a sack against a 4th string RFA who will not be on the team next week. When Maybe went against Trent Williams he was irrelevant! You Maybe apologists crack me up. He gets a sack against the water boy and you think he's the next Bruce Smith. He was a number 1 draft pick, can't play against the run and gets blown up by 1st team tackles. Yeah I was there in section 122 row 16 seat 5 to watch him get his little ass handed to him.

Try reading what I wrote oh you fine spinner of cliche...