Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to step up and volunteer to write the bills pregame rundowns in Lori's place. Mods, Please copy and paste this line on the front page for weeks 1-5, 7-9, and 11-17: "We're going to lose today". On week 7, "It's a BYE week, Spiller will likely blow out an ACL at a pick up basketball game". On Week 10 "It's the Lions. We have a chance. Oh wait, the Lions don't suck AS much any more. We lose to a last second field goal".

I never liked how Tim Graham parted his hair. No big loss there.

What a pile of stevestojan! :devil:

Dude,

This is a chat room dude. People say all sorts of things on here. She posted decently. But nothing to get all emotional about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think a little bit of conflict is always good. If she didn't like it here, so be it. There are thousands of us who will still communicate on here. So to care even the slightest as to who is posting is putting WAY to much attention in your life to this board. It is about the TEAM, not who is posting my friend. Leave it at that. Remember this is not church. Civility and the internet do not always go hand in hand.

.....and the defense rests. This is precisely what is being debated. Civility for one. It's not only about how one responds, but also about how one initiates a topic/thread. The internet allows one to be anonymous, and that is far too often used to be an idiot. It also allows otherwise spineless people to bully and berate without the fear of behaving as such in the physical presence of those being attacked.

Lori was not without wit or humor. She understood a bit of sarcasm and accepted it as well, so long as it wasn't malicious. Lori will be missed as she brought a wealth of information to this board that most only think they have. there are those that contribute and those that pollute. Lori was a top contributor here. She will be missed.

As for the Tim Graham debacle, those that drove him away should be ashamed, and yet they are likely the same spineless individuals who become Mr. Hyde when they possess a keyboard. This is a sad thing too as having Tim Graham contribute here was a great thing, ruined by a few bad apples.

.....and the defense rests. This is precisely what is being debated. Civility for one. It's not only about how one responds, but also about how one initiates a topic/thread. The internet allows one to be anonymous, and that is far too often used to be an idiot. It also allows otherwise spineless people to bully and berate without the fear of behaving as such in the physical presence of those being attacked.

Lori was not without wit or humor. She understood a bit of sarcasm and accepted it as well, so long as it wasn't malicious. Lori will be missed as she brought a wealth of information to this board that most only think they have. there are those that contribute and those that pollute. Lori was a top contributor here. She will be missed.

As for the Tim Graham debacle, those that drove him away should be ashamed, and yet they are likely the same spineless individuals who become Mr. Hyde when they possess a keyboard. This is a sad thing too as having Tim Graham contribute here was a great thing, ruined by a few bad apples.

+1

Such a thoughtful thread, certainly one worth posting in. Are the Mr. Hyde's this way because they cannot act as they want to in real life? Or is because they are unhappy in real life and thus decide to transition that isolation/anger/etc....in ways that other people cannot retaliate? Usually for me forums just give me a second chance to correct my spelling and grammar errors (which is about 75% effective)

+1

Such a thoughtful thread, certainly one worth posting in. Are the Mr. Hyde's this way because they cannot act as they want to in real life? Or is because they are unhappy in real life and thus decide to transition that isolation/anger/etc....in ways that other people cannot retaliate? Usually for me forums just give me a second chance to correct my spelling and grammar errors (which is about 75% effective)

+1 as well. Not a member of the old guard, but have read the board for the greater part of the last decade. Sorry but I have to disagree with Paup, Lori did not just "post decently." Posting decently is the bare minimum that what we should expect here. This isn't 4chan for god's sake. Whatever the attack was that turned her away for the time being, I'm sure it was stupid, childish, ignorant, etc... Lori always had good insight and linked helpful stories, was able to coax ESPN's AFC east's beat reporter here for a period of time, and could debate with the best of them, as long as they weren't completely devoid of decency. Here's hoping she returns; if not, she will be missed.

In case any of you were unaware as I was, our best Mod /Staff Columnist/ Bills historian, Lori Chase is no longer with us on TSW.

After a good friend of hers, ESPN's Tim Graham was very rudely treated on our forum Lori felt like enough was enough and it just wasn't much fun around here anymore. When you look at it from Lori's perspective how could you even blame her, Mr.Graham takes time away from his busy schedule, comes onto our forum to share his opinions and in return we disrespect and cause Tim to leave, meanwhile Lori has to sit there and take it all in.

Sound like much fun to you?

I say we because unfortunately a few bad apples can make the whole bushel look rotten if you don't throw the bad ones away.

This is Lori's Twitter http://twitter.com/LoriTBD Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lori.chase

You guys/gals get a chance, drop her a line, let her know what she means to our Forum and how much we miss her, or post your support on this thread,

Lets get Lori Chase back home on TSW where she belongs...

Lori,

I haven't joined Facebook, and Twitter looks like Greek to me. I went to your twitter thing where the link took me and couldn't find where you commented on all of this.

So, right here will have to be the only place where I try to contact you.

I just want to say that I would understand if you wanted to stay away. The atmosphere here gets heated often, and I suppose I have my share of the responsibility for that. Just wanted to say that I really have appreciated your participation here over the years, and that if you do go, it would be a major loss for TSW, a major loss.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Thurman#1

It's like a neighborhood that's nice but used to be really nice and is now in decline. The people who are just getting there say 'it's so much better here' but the people who have been there say 'it used to be so much better'. Some move away, some stay and hope it gets back to how it was. And some die.

:devil:

She does an enormous amount of work as a writer of articles (including the pregame reviews), as a moderator and as one of the few people here with a deep knowledge of Bills history.

Agreed. He knows her stuff. You know that when Lori posts something, she has actually done the research to back it up. Something you rarely see on this board.

Agreed. She knows her stuff. You know that when Lori posts something, she has actually done the research to back it up. Something you rarely see on this board.

High praise indeed, considering the commentator. Lori is a class act with a ton of info at her fingertips. The loss will be noticeable for anyone that truly follows the board. Let us hope she decides to return.

Agreed. He knows her stuff. You know that when Lori posts something, she has actually done the research to back it up. Something you rarely see on this board.

Coming from you that is high praise indeed, as you are another who knows Bills history.

And, now that I have seen a few more responses, I'd like to make one correction from a previous post:

This is not a chat room.

High praise indeed, considering the commentator. Lori is a class act with a ton of info at her fingertips. The loss will be noticeable for anyone that truly follows the board. Let us hope she decides to return.

Hopefully the Bills Library (Lori) will be open soon. She's passionate about her team and her profession and as many have said, she does make this a better place.

This stupid :worthy: thread is still going on? Can someone google for me the longest thread ever? I am too lazy to do it myself and I have a big test coming up so I need the answers quick! DON'T JUST STAND THERE , LETS GO!!!

:D:D

That was one of the best threads ever!!!

The people who came at TG were acting solely out of Jealousy. Anyone who signs up to this board enjoys two things, writing and the Bills. TG and JW get to do it for a living, which is a pretty cool job. It's a shame that the proverbial few bad apples had such an effect.

Before the TG arrows fly, let me just say that in 2010, coming to sites like this IS Tim Graham's "busy schedule." But you're right, he didn't exactly get the red carpet treatment, and whether anyone's to "blame" for that is a point of contention I personally don't care to debate.

TG was treated horribly by a few choice a-holes and we all lost a great resource. TG wasn't thinned skinned and gave as good as he got like JW does (thank God he still posts) but TSW abused TG. I hope he returns and I hope Lori returns with him.