Haynesworth Demands Trade

FLFan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember the days of people complaining about London Fletcher and the old 'he makes tackles ten yards downfield'. Hindsight is 20-20, but that guy has got to be one of the top 10 players to have ever played the game considering enthusiasm, durability, athleticism, heart, span of career, and leadership by example. good for him.

haynesworth is who he is, and if not this, something else. he is not london fletcher.

You are definitely correct. He is not London Fletcher. In this case London has his teammates' backs.

I don't think Shanahan said they would release him before April 1st, just that he could search for a team willing to trade for him.

I have no sympathy for Albert. He plays a sport for a living, and was awarded one of the biggest contracts given in the league. Now he is crying cause the new position they are asking him to play won't allow him to get big stats like he has in the past. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If you are making that kind of money, it shouldn't matter if they ask you to play QB or kicker. its a team GAME that you are being paid more then Doctors, and teachers, and Police officers, and Soldiers and other occupations that are more important to society then DT on a football team.

The prime example of whats wrong with professional sports, and why there may be no NFL next year.

Guy just made 34 million dollars in 13 months and now he want to be traded. Shut up and do what you are asked and stop being a little sally about it.

+1. You can't pull this crap in other jobs. And other jobs don't pay that $$.

Sorry guys, but that's a load of crap. He is suited to play NT just fine. He just doesn't want to play NT because he won't have as many stats. He's a selfish POS and I'd feel sorry for the team that bought into his hype --- if it wasn't the Redskins.

+1,000

+1. You can't pull this crap in other jobs. And other jobs don't pay that $$.

You will get the response of "you cant compare the NFL" to any other business. Which is a load of crap.

Another of a long list of screw ups by the Redskins. I hope the Shanahan and Mcnabb signings blow up in their face also. I guess I can't blame either one for not wanting to sign with Buffalo, but I'll derive some happiness watching them fail.

I was reading through a few threads from last February when there was a lot of discussion about signing Haynesworth as a free agent.

There were lots of people who wanted to sign this piece of shyt. In fact there are two people in this thread who wanted to sign Haynesworth.

To me, it was very clear a year ago that Haynesworth is a money-grubbing, me-first, team-second, piece of shyt. He's had a spotty history going back to college and he's had little incidents about every other year in his career, on and off the field.

But some people really wanted to sign the guy.

i remember the days of people complaining about London Fletcher and the old 'he makes tackles ten yards downfield'. Hindsight is 20-20, but that guy has got to be one of the top 10 players to have ever played the game considering enthusiasm, durability, athleticism, heart, span of career, and leadership by example. good for him.

haynesworth is who he is, and if not this, something else. he is not london fletcher.

I really liked Fletcher and think he is grossly underrated...but top 10 players all time is a bit extreme. He isnt even in the top 10 players at his position let alone top 10 players ever. He was and is a great LB who deserves substantially more credit than he gets...but lets not get too carried away :mellow:

What a difference between this piece of S..t and some of our own Bills. We switch to a 3-4 and you see Stroud, who has not played DE come to OTAs having lost weight so he can transition to a new position. We move Kelsey from DE, which he wasn't that good at, to OLB, he takes it in stride and will bust his ass to make the transition. Kyle Williams goes to the probowl as an alternate as a DT, we draft a natural NT, who will take some plays from Williams, yet we haven't heard Williams B word a bit.

Ummm... What about Aaron Schobel? How's he taken it?

I generally mildly support the players in cases like this, but Shanahan's revelation that they offered to let him go if they didn't have to pay the $21 mill this year, man, that changes everything for me.

He wants the money, and yet he doesn't want to play even after he got the money. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

What a jerk Haynesworth is.

Ummm... What about Aaron Schobel? How's he taken it?

Schobel hasn't done anything wrong at all. He just wants to retire, it looks like. I'm sure he's not thrilled with the new defense, but he's not causing trouble, he's just retiring.

What a difference between this piece of S..t and some of our own Bills. We switch to a 3-4 and you see Stroud, who has not played DE come to OTAs having lost weight so he can transition to a new position. We move Kelsey from DE, which he wasn't that good at, to OLB, he takes it in stride and will bust his ass to make the transition. Kyle Williams goes to the probowl as an alternate as a DT, we draft a natural NT, who will take some plays from Williams, yet we haven't heard Williams B word a bit.

We may not win as many games this year as we all want them to, but I really like the attitude of a lot of our players. In the immortal words of Darryl Talley, "This is a team dammit!"

'Team Dammit!'

hmmm.. Good moniker!

Darth, Nice comment. Most people don't have a friggin clue. All they can come up with is statements like....."If they paid me XXX amount of dollars to play a kids game, I would shut up and take it like a man. Not many can look outside of their own box. Good stuff.

Your comment might not be quite so retarded if he hadn't taken the $20 million bonus knowing full damn well they were switching to a 3-4. Good stuff though!! :mellow:

Schobel hasn't done anything wrong at all. He just wants to retire, it looks like. I'm sure he's not thrilled with the new defense, but he's not causing trouble, he's just retiring.

Not to mention Schobel didn't just cash a $21MM bonus check two months ago.

What were the Skins thinking giving AH that kind of money without getting an explicit assurance that he would play anywhere they wanted him?

I don't understand what Buddy is waiting for...switch back to the 4-3 and get 'er done!

Maybe Buddy did try to do something (though I doubt it). According to Jason LaConfora, a 3-4 team (unnamed) showed strong interest in Albert, who apparently vetoed any discussions even though they agreed to line him up as a DE, not NT.

In Albert's mind I'm sure that the issue of his 20M bonus is quite independent from any assurances he may have received concerning the position he would be playing. As a purely contractual matter he is almost certainly right. He probably feels besides that he would have gotten the same money from somebody else who would not be messing with his game - so why would he pass up what he was legally entitled to because of something they decided to do? Not defending Albert, but imprudent owners wind up getting what they deserve.

Who was saying how much better the Washington front office is than Buffalo? C'mon. Don't be shy.

PTR

I'll step up. I thought they were and still do. At least they are trying, and appear to have accomplished what they set out to in the offseason- they signed a big name championship winning coach, traded for a pro bowl qb and drafted a LT in the first round to anchor their weak line- all things I wish the Bills had done. I wonder how many people on this board would like the Bills to have picked up Shanahan as HC, McNabb at QB and Williams at OT?

Have they made some mistakes? Yes, and Haynesworth looks like he may be at the top of the list, but at least they are trying... and money is no object. Eventually, they will get it right and leave teams that try to do things on the cheap in the dust.

Other than Albert being a fat POS, there's one thing that hasn't been said:

We've only heard from the foreskins that they gave Albert the option to go elsewhere or take the money. How do we even know if that is true? I haven't heard any reporters look into that or ask the Fat Albert camp to confirm it. That could just be the foreskins saying this now to cover up for the fact they screwed up royally.