I can't help it. I'm really pumped for this season.

I think Gailey is saying all the right things and it appears the guys are really buying into his offensive system and the defensive players seem to like their systems too. Here are some reasons to feel good about the season coming up; (Of course some Jackass!! will put a list of why to feel bad about the season, but he or she is a sad, sad person, JMO)

Subterfuge - I can't remember the last HC that was into subterfuge on offense and defense like Gailey is. IMO subterfuge is a huge asset for a squad. They say that guys should be able to beat a play even if the other team knows what's coming and I agree with that, but that doesn't mean subterfuge doesn't greatly enhance a plays chances for success.

Gailey's ability to tailor an offense to the talent he has and not try to cram a system down the players throats that they aren't suited for.

Practices - Gailey is throwing a lot of stuff at these guys and doing it quickly. He's expecting a lot from his players and the players seem to be responding well. I've always felt, and Gailey seems to agree, that if you expect an A++++ from your players some are going to exceed that, some are going to meet that, some are going to go at an A level and the lowest level players will either be cut or performing at a higher level than usual. Jauron seemed to think a C+ was ok as long as guys "were trying hard". Gailey seems to think that "trying hard" should yield tangible results. If there are no tangible results then guys aren't trying hard. I like that 'tude. The only question I have about Gailey is if he can work with players in the newer NFL. Players and there expectations from HC's today are different from 10 years ago. Chan Gailey is what Gregg Williams wanted to be. It seems that Gailey respects the players as men though. I doubt airhorns will wake them up at camp. JMO

Gailey's old school mentality - It seems that Gailey's expectations are that players work very hard on and off the field and if they do, good things will happen. I have a feeling that when I go to training camp this year it's going to be much different than any other training camp since they've moved to Rochester.

Players - I've long thought there is a lot more talent on this team than Jauron would have anyone believe. These are the players I think will have there best years in a Bills uniform so far;

Shawn Nelson

Demetrius Bell

Jamon Meredith

Donte Whitner

Poz

Marcus Stroud

Kyle Williams

Aaron Maybin

Leodis McKelvin

James Hardy

Steve Johnson

Spencer Johnson

Lee Evans

Trent Edwards

Reggie Corner

Ashton Youboty

Terrance McGee

Roscoe Parrish

Eric Wood

Andy Levitre

Geoff Hangartner

If I'm right about 25% of those guys the Bills will have a better season than last. If I'm 50% right then the Bills have an outside chance of the playoffs. 75% right and they make the playoffs. 100% right and they win at least one playoff game.

The front office shakeup - It seems the Bills decided to smash the system and start over almost everywhere. So far that looks like a good idea.

Well, I'm sure there's more reasons to like the upcoming season but off the top of my head this is all I can come up with.

Getting away from the Tampa-2, which is being phased-out by most teams, and going to the 3-4, which is a defense that allows for great flexibility and confusion, is a good thing. It also forces the offense to learn how to play against it.

Speaking of the offense, it can only improve under Gailey. Again I'd rather have a proven #2 WR, a guy I know they can count on at LT, and a QB, but I'm curious to see what shakes-out/what Gailey can do with Hardy, Johnson, and Easley, Meredith and Bell, and finally Brohm, Fitz, Edwards, and Brown, respectively.

I like to be optimistic also, but what have you seen? A couple of videos on BB.com? Let's see a few pre-season games and see if they look a bit more organized and have an idea what to do on the field as opposed to the last couple of years. Fair enough?

....(Of course some Jackass!! will put a list of why to feel bad about the season, but he or she is a sad, sad person, JMO)...

Allow me to be the jackass right off the bat. Despite all of your optimistic rantings about subterfuge and long list of players whose best years are ahead of them, please come back into the real world for a moment and realize that the Bills still do not have enough TALENT to compete in the AFC East, and in the AFC even for a Wild Card.....yet.

Buddy Nix drafting I like. Two more Nix drafts added to this first one, and unless Gailey turns out to be as horrible a head coach as Williams, Mularkey and Jauron were, I would expect the Bills to compete for the division and make the playoffs.

But certainly not this year, and definitely not with Trent Edwards as the starting QB.

So although I don't have a real "list" of why the Bills will be bad this season, you are still nuts to try and "list" reasons why they will be good. The Bills will most likely have an interesting season, hanging around .500 most of it, and then ending up around 8-8-0 or another dreaded 7-9-0 finish.

But that will be OK. I trust Nix and his new staff to draft the best talent available around the 10-15 range a hell of a lot more then Levy / Brandon did 3 straight seasons of 7-9-0 finishes under Dick.

Allow me to be the jackass right off the bat. Despite all of your optimistic rantings about subterfuge and long list of players whose best years are ahead of them, please come back into the real world for a moment and realize that the Bills still do not have enough TALENT to compete in the AFC East, and in the AFC even for a Wild Card.....yet.

AFC, yes. AFC East, not quite. They went 2-4 in the division last year, barely missing out on going 3-3. The Dols missed the playoffs. The Jets made the playoffs thanks to the Colts lying down in the 2nd half. The Pats have lost a lot over the years. The AFC East isn't as good as everyone is trying to make them out to be, and I only see 1 team making the playoffs (although I don't believe it will be the Bills).

Buddy Nix drafting I like. Two more Nix drafts added to this first one, and unless Gailey turns out to be as horrible a head coach as Williams, Mularkey and Jauron were, I would expect the Bills to compete for the division and make the playoffs.

But certainly not this year, and definitely not with Trent Edwards as the starting QB.

So although I don't have a real "list" of why the Bills will be bad this season, you are still nuts to try and "list" reasons why they will be good. The Bills will most likely have an interesting season, hanging around .500 most of it, and then ending up around 8-8-0 or another dreaded 7-9-0 finish.

But that will be OK. I trust Nix and his new staff to draft the best talent available around the 10-15 range a hell of a lot more then Levy / Brandon did 3 straight seasons of 7-9-0 finishes under Dick.

Okay, I'm excited that you are excited about the Bills this year. And as in every year, I too have optimism. Why not have optimism...all teams are tied in the standings at 0-0. I too like the new GM, the new coaching staff, the new players and the new attitude. In fact EVERYTIME a team changes the front office and coaching staff a new attitude and direction ensues. I've seen it happen in all the years the Bills have made these changes and each time I too had the optimism.

I wish I could share in your exuberance and optimism. But in what I deem a year of laying the foundation for the long-term future of the Bills, I can only hope that the Bills show improvement on offense and defense. Regardless of their record this season, I will do cartwheels if: 1) the offense can have a balanced attack where opposing defenses don't just stack the box to stop the run and 2) the defense can stop the run and generate a pass rush.

Don't take this as a slam because it's not meant to be one. I hope you are right in your post but in all reality...this is a rebuilt engine Gailey is working with. Give Nix and Gailey time to get the players that are BMW engines and give him time to get rid of the Volkswagon engines.

Okay, I'm excited that you are excited about the Bills this year. And as in every year, I too have optimism. Why not have optimism...all teams are tied in the standings at 0-0. I too like the new GM, the new coaching staff, the new players and the new attitude. In fact EVERYTIME a team changes the front office and coaching staff a new attitude and direction ensues. I've seen it happen in all the years the Bills have made these changes and each time I too had the optimism.

I wish I could share in your exuberance and optimism. But in what I deem a year of laying the foundation for the long-term future of the Bills, I can only hope that the Bills show improvement on offense and defense. Regardless of their record this season, I will do cartwheels if: 1) the offense can have a balanced attack where opposing defenses don't just stack the box to stop the run and 2) the defense can stop the run and generate a pass rush.

Don't take this as a slam because it's not meant to be one. I hope you are right in your post but in all reality...this is a rebuilt engine Gailey is working with. Give Nix and Gailey time to get the players that are BMW engines and give him time to get rid of the Volkswagon engines.

Excellent post, but you have no reason to be blue because there isn't anything really negative yet. The most negative thing this offseason has been the status of the third string RB.

:w00t: BILLIEVE!!

AFC, yes. AFC East, not quite. They went 2-4 in the division last year, barely missing out on going 3-3. The Dols missed the playoffs. The Jets made the playoffs thanks to the Colts lying down in the 2nd half. The Pats have lost a lot over the years. The AFC East isn't as good as everyone is trying to make them out to be, and I only see 1 team making the playoffs (although I don't believe it will be the Bills).

Doc,

Give credit to where it is due....The Jets may have had a backdoor entry to the playoffs..But then they went on to the AFC Championship game and almost took them to the SuperBowl. That is not a fluke...They were a very well coached team at the end of the year.

The AFC East may be in a transition and not as good as other divisions, but it will always be very competitive.

I like to be optimistic also, but what have you seen? A couple of videos on BB.com? Let's see a few pre-season games and see if they look a bit more organized and have an idea what to do on the field as opposed to the last couple of years. Fair enough?

Funny. A few videos on BB.com is usually enough for some folks to declare the entire season a bust.

PTR

Doc,

Give credit to where it is due....The Jets may have had a backdoor entry to the playoffs..But then they went on to the AFC Championship game and almost took them to the SuperBowl. That is not a fluke...They were a very well coached team at the end of the year.

The AFC East may be in a transition and not as good as other divisions, but it will always be very competitive.

Sure the teams will be competitive with each other; that's to be expected. But as I said, I think that just 1 team will make the playoffs this year, and that team will make a fairly early exit.

And whether the Jets' playoff run was a matter of "any given Sunday" or real progress remains to be seen. Will Sanchez have to rely on the running game and defense as much as he did last year? They tinkered with the running game, jettisoning 1,400 yard rusher Thomas Jones and veteran OG Alan Faneca, in favor of younger unproven guys. They also got rid of Jay Feely, who kicked 30 FG's and scored 122 points for them. Add to that several Jets players being miffed about their contracts and it's not as cut and dry as they're the team to beat.

I'm excited for the season to start and do not expect miracles but I do believe they will improve upon last year's record. The folks looking for a bottom feeding power ranking might consider that a miracle....

I'm loving the optimism RFeynman!!!! We have a long way to go but I like the way things are shaping up. I hope it all comes together come game time. More than anything I would love to stick it to all those Doom 'n' Gloom reporters. 2010 baby!! its OUR TIME!!!

Sure the teams will be competitive with each other; that's to be expected. But as I said, I think that just 1 team will make the playoffs this year, and that team will make a fairly early exit.

And whether the Jets' playoff run was a matter of "any given Sunday" or real progress remains to be seen. Will Sanchez have to rely on the running game and defense as much as he did last year? They tinkered with the running game, jettisoning 1,400 yard rusher Thomas Jones and veteran OG Alan Faneca, in favor of younger unproven guys. They also got rid of Jay Feely, who kicked 30 FG's and scored 122 points for them. Add to that several Jets players being miffed about their contracts and it's not as cut and dry as they're the team to beat.

The Jets are in a rare place. They could end up being awfully tough, or they and their sophomore QB, and disgruntled vets could implode. It seems they don't have much room for much in between. It could be quite a volatile scenario with them this year. Good coach or bad, Ryan has proven he can't keep his mouth shut and is likely to fuel a fire more than to put one out.

Ex doom and gloomer here. Previously, thought Bills would be like 4-12. Now, I love all the positive talk about the Bills. I really can see this team going to the playoffs and winning the AFC title. I am so pumped about this season. I think Gailey is going to be coach of the year. Call me crazy if you want.

Gailey will make this offense click even if we don't have a QB, OL, and WR's. Chan is a winner and he has a system that cannot be stopped. Plus, he will motivate and get the upmost production from his players.

The Bills are going to "shock" everyone.

Love all the Bills supportive fans. GO Bills

Ex doom and gloomer here. Previously, thought Bills would be like 4-12. Now, I love all the positive talk about the Bills. I really can see this team going to the playoffs and winning the AFC title. I am so pumped about this season. I think Gailey is going to be coach of the year. Call me crazy if you want.

Gailey will make this offense click even if we don't have a QB, OL, and WR's. Chan is a winner and he has a system that cannot be stopped. Plus, he will motivate and get the upmost production from his players.

The Bills are going to "shock" everyone.

Love all the Bills supportive fans. GO Bills

Wayy to go mpl!!

Loving all the positivity!!! This is why I love Bills fans!!! It is soo frigging hard to support your team and be positive especially after the product we have been subjected to these last 10 years. But we pick ourselves up every season and give it our all.

If things go bad, we have about 6 months of off season to cry and curse and get it out of our system. Might as well be optimistic and supportive now!!

OPTIMIST PRIME REIGNS SUPREME!

Thanks Billsrus, after a "long tongue lashing" from the posters, I have decided to be positive and think positive. I am not going to lie it's hard and sometimes I resort back to my old ways. I found out it is more fun talking and thinking positively. I am tired of pissing on everyone wheaties...

GO BILLS!!

'Tis the season for optimism. This century has shown it to be the ONLY season for optimism..

I don't know enough about George Edwards (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...c4-74e731938c0e ) to assess the likely future of the D, but if evolving it to the talents and skills of the players IS his modus operandi, we'll know soon enough whether we've got NFL level talent to contend any time soon. Gotta hope so, as emphasis on the O seems likely with next years' draft. As for Gailey's O attack, anything that puts an end to all our opponents knowing the play before the snap, is an improvement. We haven't seen a defense be unprepared for our next play since DJ signed on. Giving the D a moment of hesitation will be the best way to evaluate our overall talent level on offense. Something we've been handicapped with for too long.

ST's remain among the leagues' elite and DeHaven's return simply can't hurt this. S&C additions improve the team from virtually NO strength & conditioning..

Excited? -eh.. Trepidation? -no. I am full of anticipation (among other things..) at seeing a Brand New style of Bills football!

Now if they'd just get rid of those uni's..

Go Bills!

Doc, I'm with you on this. I keep scratching my head at the prognosticators treating the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats* as if they are all Super Bowl favorites. I don't believe any of the three will be representing the AFC next February -- my money is on Indy, Baltimore, or SD.

Excellent post, but you have no reason to be blue because there isn't anything really negative yet. The most negative thing this offseason has been the status of the third string RB.

:rolleyes: BILLIEVE!!

the percentage part of your post is interesting. It would be nice if Nelson stepped up and became a consistent threat as a receiver.

I can't help it. I'm really pumped for this season.

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you. You say you can't help it, but I say you're not really trying.

Want help? Say to yourself that Belichick is a pretty good head coach too. Some might even say better than Chan Gailey, as crazed as that might sound to all us true Bills fans. And yet, his first year with the Pats*, he went 5 - 11. And the year before, the Pats* had gone, you got it, 5 - 11.

That would pretty conclusively tell you that even coaches who are pretty good can take a while to get the changes they make to have an effect in the win column. Just pour this bit of truth over you and repeat it again and again, and I believe that you will discover that you really CAN help yourself if you try ... if you just work at being a bit realistic.

Gailey's ability to tailor an offense to the talent he has and not try to cram a system down the players throats that they aren't suited for.

I think this just might be the biggest factor of all.

Bum Phillips once said about Don Shula, "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n." Take what you've got and utilize the reverse Peter Principle.

Getting away from the Tampa-2, which is being phased-out by most teams, and going to the 3-4, which is a defense that allows for great flexibility and confusion, is a good thing. It also forces the offense to learn how to play against it.

the other 3 teams in our AFC east also play the same D so it gives us no advantage in our conference.

The old Bills always tried to be 1 step ahead and never play the same as the AFC east.

However itr will help our offence playing against it in practice when the meet the AFC east

All the media parrots be damned. The Bills will be a better team.

PTR

They will play better, that I am fairly sure of, at least during the 2nd half of the season when they get settled in with the new offensive and defensive schemes. Hopefully, that will carry over into the win column.

The problem is that I think the Dolphins and Jets will be better, too. Henne and Sanchez will have another year under their belts, both teams have good coaches and both teams have made good upgrades.

I think this just might be the biggest factor of all.

Bum Phillips once said about Don Shula, "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n." Take what you've got and utilize the reverse Peter Principle.

all positive moves on the bills so far, but with a new O and new D and the youngest team in the league and no real QB, a few key injuries and all the inexperience and new schemes will show up big time ... plus a killer schedule... still looks like 6 -10 best case from here. then they have to trade the whole draft away to get Locker and the cycle begins again... Love 'em but by the time they are good again they will be gone... sorry..

all positive moves on the bills so far, but with a new O and new D and the youngest team in the league and no real QB, a few key injuries and all the inexperience and new schemes will show up big time ... plus a killer schedule... still looks like 6 -10 best case from here. then they have to trade the whole draft away to get Locker and the cycle begins again... Love 'em but by the time they are good again they will be gone... sorry..

I don't disagree with you. I think they will have some learning and growing pains this season, for sure. I think by the end of the season though, they will be playing at a level where no team will be taking them for granted any longer. This is going to be a transitional season, but should end on a positive upswing.

Speaking of injuries, if Sanchez goes down, that's it for the Jets. Same for Brady and the Pats. Miami will be okay if Henne goes down and Pennington can still play. Buffalo won't be too much worse off if the starter, whoever that is, goes down and the backup takes over.

I think Gailey is saying all the right things and it appears the guys are really buying into his offensive system and the defensive players seem to like their systems too. Here are some reasons to feel good about the season coming up; (Of course some Jackass!! will put a list of why to feel bad about the season, but he or she is a sad, sad person, JMO)

Subterfuge - I can't remember the last HC that was into subterfuge on offense and defense like Gailey is. IMO subterfuge is a huge asset for a squad. They say that guys should be able to beat a play even if the other team knows what's coming and I agree with that, but that doesn't mean subterfuge doesn't greatly enhance a plays chances for success.

Practices - Gailey is throwing a lot of stuff at these guys and doing it quickly. He's expecting a lot from his players and the players seem to be responding well. I've always felt, and Gailey seems to agree, that if you expect an A++++ from your players some are going to exceed that, some are going to meet that, some are going to go at an A level and the lowest level players will either be cut or performing at a higher level than usual. Jauron seemed to think a C+ was ok as long as guys "were trying hard". Gailey seems to think that "trying hard" should yield tangible results. If there are no tangible results then guys aren't trying hard. I like that 'tude. The only question I have about Gailey is if he can work with players in the newer NFL. Players and there expectations from HC's today are different from 10 years ago. Chan Gailey is what Gregg Williams wanted to be. It seems that Gailey respects the players as men though. I doubt airhorns will wake them up at camp. JMO

Gailey's old school mentality - It seems that Gailey's expectations are that players work very hard on and off the field and if they do, good things will happen. I have a feeling that when I go to training camp this year it's going to be much different than any other training camp since they've moved to Rochester.

Players - I've long thought there is a lot more talent on this team than Jauron would have anyone believe. These are the players I think will have there best years in a Bills uniform so far;

Shawn Nelson

Demetrius Bell

Jamon Meredith

Donte Whitner

Poz

Marcus Stroud

Kyle Williams

Aaron Maybin

Leodis McKelvin

James Hardy

Steve Johnson

Spencer Johnson

Lee Evans

Trent Edwards

Reggie Corner

Ashton Youboty

Terrance McGee

Roscoe Parrish

Eric Wood

Andy Levitre

Geoff Hangartner

If I'm right about 25% of those guys the Bills will have a better season than last. If I'm 50% right then the Bills have an outside chance of the playoffs. 75% right and they make the playoffs. 100% right and they win at least one playoff game.

The front office shakeup - It seems the Bills decided to smash the system and start over almost everywhere. So far that looks like a good idea.

Well, I'm sure there's more reasons to like the upcoming season but off the top of my head this is all I can come up with.

First let me say that it's good to read a post here that isn't full of doom and gloom. I too like what the new regime is doing. I think the team will be better both offensively and defensively, but in reality who knows what that will translate to in terms of won lost record. And to the bozo that suggested we wait to see a couple of pre-season games, are you kidding me? Pre-season games? Do you really think pre-season games will give any indication of what kind of team this will be? I had to laugh at that one. I am always hopeful that the Bills will win each and every week and this year will be no different. It has been very frustrating watching this team the past few years, so let's hope that at least they will be a bit more entertaining to watch. As for record, who knows? Anything is possible from playoffs to complete bust. Only time will tell, but again, it is a pleasure to read a post with some optimism instead of all the doom and gloom.

All the media parrots be damned. The Bills will be a better team.

PTR

Agreed! And I'm a firm believer in that the Bills don't necessarily need to post a better record than last year in order to be better than last year. If they play hard, and are "in" games, they'll be a more respected team. To me, that's an improvement over last year. I DO, however, think the Bills will have a better record than last year. GO BILLS!

They will play better, that I am fairly sure of, at least during the 2nd half of the season when they get settled in with the new offensive and defensive schemes. Hopefully, that will carry over into the win column.

The problem is that I think the Dolphins and Jets will be better, too. Henne and Sanchez will have another year under their belts, both teams have good coaches and both teams have made good upgrades.

Agreed! And I'm a firm believer in that the Bills don't necessarily need to post a better record than last year in order to be better than last year. If they play hard, and are "in" games, they'll be a more respected team. To me, that's an improvement over last year. I DO, however, think the Bills will have a better record than last year. GO BILLS!

I'm a big believer of the old cliche "one game at a time", especially when it comes to the NFL, because all the pre-game analysis means jack squat once the teams face off. A turnover, a blown assignment, a slip on the field can turn a game. All we have to do is worry about winning our next game. Who cares what the Jets, Pats* and Fins are doing! We'll worry about them when we play them. Also, unlike that farce they call college football, we can lose 5-6 times and still make the playoffs.

PTR

And if K. Jenkins (best NT in NFL) can stay healthy, the Jets have one tough D. Of course, they did pretty well without him too.

Shawn Nelson

Demetrius Bell

Jamon Meredith

Donte Whitner

Poz

Marcus Stroud

Kyle Williams

Aaron Maybin

Leodis McKelvin

James Hardy

Steve Johnson

Spencer Johnson

Lee Evans

Trent Edwards

Reggie Corner

Ashton Youboty

Terrance McGee

Roscoe Parrish

Eric Wood

Andy Levitre

Geoff Hangartner

I have to chime in and say I love your post. I Bill-eve we will have a better season than last year. I am concerned about our opponents in the east but, if you read their fan sites, all of those teams have their share of doubters and problems. This does not mean we are going to see the super bowl, but we will have a fun season. Personally I am on pins and needles regarding our quarterback situation. I can't help but wonder how it will turn out.

:rolleyes:

Within the frame of being optimistic in my mind are two things. My biggest fear is that this team plays well enough to get in the 7-9 range, but we still experience poor to average QB play and our QB of the future is still undefined. I'm not saying that I'd advocate loosing for the sake of having a better opportunity in the draft, but it is a factor to think about. I believe this team is in a great position with its coaches, I also believe they have gotten definitively better player wise all around the QB position. The question is, have we gotten good enough to win games, but still be in need of a QB? And will this translate into winning more games effecting our ability to address the QB situation in the draft?

Secondly, the obvious converse situation would be that we go 7-9 but finally see a QB for the future manifest. Then can we see our beloved Bills build upon that and become a viable contender.

My optimism comes from my confidence that the new FO and Coaching Staff posses the ability to answer these questions. It seems that the last decade has been mired by an inability to know how to fix the QB situation. From a fans perspective we have always been left with not knowing if it was scheme, coaching, FO, or the player himself, so hope has always been stricken from us.

In summary, I'm obviously not sure how this season will play out. But I am getting more certain that the questions will get answered on how to continue building by a competent FO and Coaching Staff. In my mind that leaves me with a great sense of optimism and excitement about the season, regardless of wins and losses.

There is just no way I can see us any worse than what we were. That injury-filled, incompetent coached squad still racked some wins together the past few years. Healthier, stronger players who are 'mobile, agile and hostile' along with superior coaching will translate into far more victories. The goal is to make The Ralph a House of Horrors for opposing teams to come into. Can't wait till the Fish swim into town week 1 overly confident and get smoked and humiliated by a score of 31-13 or something like that. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!

I'm pumped too buddy! I love taking my kids to kids Day Preseason Game. I love the opener. I won't go to Pats game anymore - but I can't wait to see us get our behinds kicked by the Steelers. I am pumped but we will suck!

I don't know why you're certain we'll get trounced by the Steelers. They weren't looking so hot down the stretch last year, and with Big Ben out for 6 games I think we win that one.

There is just no way I can see us any worse than what we were. That injury-filled, incompetent coached squad still racked some wins together the past few years. Healthier, stronger players who are 'mobile, agile and hostile' along with superior coaching will translate into far more victories. The goal is to make The Ralph a House of Horrors for opposing teams to come into. Can't wait till the Fish swim into town week 1 overly confident and get smoked and humiliated by a score of 31-13 or something like that. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!

But what do you consider worse? If it's wins you may be disappointed, but if it's seeing a team play better and seeing a more focused view of the future, I believe we will be better. Better is a relative term, that to me can be determined by many factors beyond wins and losses.

the other 3 teams in our AFC east also play the same D so it gives us no advantage in our conference.

The old Bills always tried to be 1 step ahead and never play the same as the AFC east.

However itr will help our offence playing against it in practice when the meet the AFC east

...which is an advantage. Or more precisely, removes a disadvantage.