Jason Taylor signs with the Jets. Bills fall farther behind pack

Jason Taylor has signed for two years with the New York Jets. Another good signing for the division rival Jets. Coupled with the Pats signing Torry Holt today, the Bills just keep falling farther and farther out of any dream for competing in the division. Seems like every other day, someone from the AFC East, besides Buffalo makes a good signing improving themselves. Gonna be a long year for the Buffalo faithful.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the Jets better win the Super Bowl this year or the whole thing could implode...as we've seen so often in all sports from NYC area teams. This could go very badly for them...expectations are sky high.

As another poster pointed out yesterday, the Bills development curve could mean that our three division rivals are rebuilding in two years (Patriots and Jets in particular have older rosters) just as the Bills are putting the finishing touches on their rebuilding project.

Like Buddy Nix, I really couldn't care less what the neighbors are doing to their house. I'm only concerned about the house that the Bills are building. I know we compete against those teams, but having short-term, knee-jerk reactions to their roster moves only makes our organization weaker.

The Bills have to stick with their plan. If it's a good one and it's executed well, we'll be fine.

Seems like the Jets better win the Super Bowl this year or the whole thing could implode...as we've seen so often in all sports from NYC area teams. This could go very badly for them...expectations are sky high.

As another poster pointed out yesterday, the Bills development curve could mean that our three division rivals are rebuilding in two years (Patriots and Jets in particular have older rosters) just as the Bills are putting the finishing touches on their rebuilding project.

Like Buddy Nix, I really couldn't care less what the neighbors are doing to their house. I'm only concerned about the house that the Bills are building. I know we compete against those teams, but having short-term, knee-jerk reactions to their roster moves only makes our organization weaker.

The Bills have to stick with their plan. If it's a good one and it's executed well, we'll be fine.

Jets have plenty of time to win the Super Bowl...their QB will be in year 2. Let's just find A qb first.......

This signing means nothing. Taylor is not motivated and is rapidly aging and declining. The Jets just overpaid for him and I'm laughing at them.

The Tomlinson signing was also a joke. And so what if they added Holmes. He's going to miss four games and will be rusty. Not to mention he's overrated and won't be much of a compliment to the brick-handed Edwards.

The Jets are setting the bar high and now have lofty expectations. No one expected them to even make the playoffs last year. They'll have a tougher schedule and won't catch anybody off guard this year.

Although they steam-rolled through the playoffs, lets not forget they essentially fell ass-backwards into the playoffs. I think they'll take a few steps back and miss the playoffs. I think Sanchez will experience an interception filled sophmore slump.

IMO, the Pats are still tops in the AFC East. But I will agree that we are well behind the rest of the division. But we're young and in rebuilding mode. A legit franchise QB can quickly turn around the fortunes of even the most downtrodden of teams.

Jason Taylor has signed for two years with the New York Jets. Another good signing for the division rival Jets. Coupled with the Pats signing Torry Holt today, the Bills just keep falling farther and farther out of any dream for competing in the division. Seems like every other day, someone from the AFC East, besides Buffalo makes a good signing improving themselves. Gonna be a long year for the Buffalo faithful.

Come on, we took the TV's out of the weight room....look out we are super bowl bound!

So over the hill and ineffective.

Everyone needs to relax...2010 isnt, nor was it ever inteded to be, a return to glory. Its a year for a new staff to come in and put their stamp on this team and build a foundation with the young players we have and the ones we are about to draft. Its the year to start the development of guys like Nelson, Maybin, Brohm, Hardy, Johnson, our rookies from this draft, etc...

I am not concerned about Taylor who will be done in a year or two, just about the same time our guys will be hitting their stride in development. Let these other guys sign these aging Vets like Taylor, Holt, LT, etc for a run at the SB the next 2 seasons while we build our foundation to be a leader of this division over the next 10 years.

Everyone needs to relax...2010 isnt, nor was it ever inteded to be, a return to glory. Its a year for a new staff to come in and put their stamp on this team and build a foundation with the young players we have and the ones we are about to draft. Its the year to start the development of guys like Nelson, Maybin, Brohm, Hardy, Johnson, our rookies from this draft, etc...

I am not concerned about Taylor who will be done in a year or two, just about the same time our guys will be hitting their stride in development. Let these other guys sign these aging Vets like Taylor, Holt, LT, etc for a run at the SB the next 2 seasons while we build our foundation to be a leader of this division over the next 10 years.

It doesnt matter how many times you say this, they still won't get it.

Not like we've been missing the playoffs for that long too....and every year is a rebuilding year here so it seems

I love this sh-t, we criticize how the Jets got to the playoffs (and WINNING TWO ROAD GAMES) and we havent smelled a playoff berth in a decade...

Our divisional rivals better themselves throughout the offseason by adding players to fill holes.......and every transaction is terrible.

In the defense of the Bills, the Pats and the Jets can be contenders.....

Tomlinson- is done, take is on E, can not stay out of the trainers room. May be a good third down back but just doesn't had IT anymore.

Cromartie- Good pickup, he will be responsible for the other teams #2 WR, my opinion the best move by fatty arbuckle.

Holmes- while they did not give up a lot, the guy is out 4 games and teams have all but figured out Sanchez already, they are going to take some time getting used to each other and while that is going on hwo is their other threat? Stone hands himself. The JETS are trying to buy their championship and it will blow up in their faces.

Taylor- Where do I start, the guy was one hell of a player.....4 years ago. He is done, was getting replaced by Cam Wake all day long. Miami knew he had nothing and couldn't of cared less where he went. That is why Miami is taking a OLB with their 1st pick.

Not losing a lot of sleep over this one Taylor was done when Parcells let him go the first time.

He will be a role player for the Jets...an expensive one at that.

Torry Holt will be a good addition for the Pats. He is an excellent route runner and HOF candidate.

The Bills seem extremely passive in the off season with the rest of their division seemingly getting better...but lets see what happens...we still have time

Here it comes:

He's old

got nothing left

bad example in the clubhouse

blah blah blah

The JETS and the PATS improved themselves today....bottom line

makin moves makin moves

Umm,

He's older

Got a little left

But unless you think you're a Super Bowl contender, why let him have a spot a young player needs to develop for the future. Okay signing for the Jets, but it would have been a bad signing for the Bills.

Eh...Jets sneaked in, last wins over the usual IND late season starter dump, and a season-long lucky CIN club then riddled with defensive injuries.

So over the hill and ineffective.

i am not in panic mode over taylor going to the jets. i know everyone but the bills , are signing so-called names, but for some reason i am not overly upset. dansby going to miami was the most troubling, but all in all, the bills : it is what it is, a credible front office is in place, lets just see what happens. taylor will be dinged and hurt most of the year anyway. lets just get to the freakin draft!

Irrelevant. That's all forgiven the second he signs with the Jets.

That's right, money talks. Plus with all these signings, the Jets have to be one of the few favorites from the AFC to get to the Superbowl and I am sure he wants to win one before his near retirement and move to Hollywood.

Two old players past their primes.

I'll pass. Wouldn't be shocked to see Holt get released before the season.

I'm convinced that PFT has created a hysteria by way of their webpage layout. It's in big black bold letters, so it must be important.

No such thing in the NFL as rebuilding a team anymore. It is a "Win Now" league, because the rookies you got last year (Byrd, Wood, etc.) will be leaving as free agents by the time the rookies from this year and next develop. If you don't work to "Win Now" you never win in today's NFL. Period.

No such thing in the NFL as rebuilding a team anymore. It is a "Win Now" league, because the rookies you got last year (Byrd, Wood, etc.) will be leaving as free agents by the time the rookies from this year and next develop. If you don't work to "Win Now" you never win in today's NFL. Period.

Is there going to be a point at which the horse you're beating can be buried, or will you be slapping its carcass around in 2020 as well?

Is there going to be a point at which the horse you're beating can be buried, or will you be slapping its carcass around in 2020 as well?

It is a fact, and if you can't see that, your blind or stupid. You must be another one of those Bill's fans who are more than satisfied with the past decade at OBD. Not me, and too many other Bills fans that live in the real world and spend real money supporting this mess.

It's going to be a long 2 to 3 years. And if the rebuilding through the draft doesn't pan out, it's going to be another long decade.

Whoa is me. our poor bills are gonna suck.its gonna be a looooong year. everyone is getting better than us. we are not doing anything. our front office sucks .our head coach sucks. our scouts suck. our gm sucks.our owner sucks and is cheap and makes the wrong picks in the draft. the team is going to move. we play games in toronto. it snows and is cold in western ny. waawaaawaaa. :rolleyes:

you know what, the team we put on the field is going to be far more competitive than the team last year and far more fun to watch. so I, for one, am looking forward to this season. I don't buy your guys doom and gloom and will have no part of it. this team will bring their lunch pails on sunday and go to work. and at the end of the day, that will count for something.

Anyone care to address how the Joey Galloway signing worked out for the Patsies last year?

The Patsies keep adding aging players and their drafts continue to get worse.

The only cause for pessimism as a Bills fan is that the Patriots "have our number."

Other than that, I see a "dynasty" falling into severe disrepair.

The difference between winning and losing is such a fine line...they haven't done richard since they stopped cheating.

Whoa is me. our poor bills are gonna suck.its gonna be a looooong year. everyone is getting better than us. we are not doing anything. our front office sucks .our head coach sucks. our scouts suck. our gm sucks.our owner sucks and is cheap and makes the wrong picks in the draft. the team is going to move. we play games in toronto. it snows and is cold in western ny. waawaaawaaa. :rolleyes:

you know what, the team we put on the field is going to be far more competitive than the team last year and far more fun to watch. so I, for one, am looking forward to this season. I don't buy your guys doom and gloom and will have no part of it. this team will bring their lunch pails on sunday and go to work. and at the end of the day, that will count for something.

OK I'll play, what do you base that feeling on when it is basically the same team, minus T.O. Josh Reed, etc, and added a couple role players? I like your optmism (not your sarcasm though-the first paragraph of your post is kinda childish), but not sure what it is based on.

It is a fact, and if you can't see that, your blind or stupid. You must be another one of those Bill's fans who are more than satisfied with the past decade at OBD. Not me, and too many other Bills fans that live in the real world and spend real money supporting this mess.

I fail to see how Buffalo--a team that is nowhere near a playoff contender in 2010--standing idle, while the Jets--a team that came within one game of reaching the Superbowl--sign such a player constitutes "falling further behind the pack". I, along with plenty of others (apparently), don't believe that signing a mid-30's pass rusher who's best seasons are several years removed will be the key to putting the Bills over the hump. Can you honestly say you believe that?

If you ask me, the blind and the stupid are those folks that don't understand that a perennial contender isn't built through free agent signings and trading for veteran has-beens. Ask yourself honestly, who are the perennial contenders in this league? The Colts, Steelers, Patriots, Titans, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Saints; what do they all have in common? They draft well. Look at their big-name QBs, OTs, DEs, RBs, LBs, all draft picks. The only notable exceptions: Philadelphia's Jason Peters (acquired in a trade) and New Orleans' Drew Brees (hit free agency after SD drafted Philip Rivers and Brees had a major shoulder injury). I guess you can also throw Tony Romo in there, since he was an UDFA, but I'm still giving them the credit for identifying the young talent.

Now do me a favor and name one team that's gotten good and stayed good employing the strategy that the Jets are using this off-season...go ahead...I'm waiting...

Well, until then, perhaps you should re-evaluate your stance on this matter.

A 10 year domination in the division. That would be too good to be true. But we both know what will happen....As soon as we start to be competitive Ralph will die and the team will move. That is the luck of a Bills fan.

You're the naive one. Just because its been a bad decade for the Buffalo Bills and its fans, doesn't mean its been a bad decade for a NEW regime. We have a new coach and a new GM, its starting over brand new for them. So guess what, you're the fool that thinks the past and present are linked. How do you know this new regime won't be able to build a winner, their way? You don't, no one does. We have no choice but to get behind the team (yes, even considering the past) as if all things are new.

So you really need to either adapt or stop being a "so called" fan. I usually don't spout off like this, but guys like you drive me nuts.

What the other AFC east teams are doing to load their teams for a year or two run, really has nothing to do with us at this point.

I fail to see how Buffalo--a team that is nowhere near a playoff contender in 2010--standing idle, while the Jets--a team that came within one game of reaching the Superbowl--sign such a player constitutes "falling further behind the pack". I, along with plenty of others (apparently), don't believe that signing a mid-30's pass rusher who's best seasons are several years removed will be the key to putting the Bills over the hump. Can you honestly say you believe that?

If you ask me, the blind and the stupid are those folks that don't understand that a perennial contender isn't built through free agent signings and trading for veteran has-beens. Ask yourself honestly, who are the perennial contenders in this league? The Colts, Steelers, Patriots, Titans, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Saints; what do they all have in common? They draft well. Look at their big-name QBs, OTs, DEs, RBs, LBs, all draft picks. The only notable exceptions: Philadelphia's Jason Peters (acquired in a trade) and New Orleans' Drew Brees (hit free agency after SD drafted Philip Rivers and Brees had a major shoulder injury). I guess you can also throw Tony Romo in there, since he was an UDFA, but I'm still giving them the credit for identifying the young talent.

Now do me a favor and name one team that's gotten good and stayed good employing the strategy that the Jets are using this off-season...go ahead...I'm waiting...

THE YANKEES!

Agreed.

The Jests have apparently opted for the Daniel Snyder method of team improvement at this point. And it DOES makes sense for a team in their position...but not so much for the Bills and Redskins.

A 10 year domination in the division. That would be too good to be true. But we both know what will happen....As soon as we start to be competitive Ralph will die and the team will move. That is the luck of a Bills fan.

This is many of our's greatest fear.

But unfortunately (or fortunately) it cannot change the way you build a team.

Desperation as a method of management? It'll fail every time.

There is a very simple solution to your problem.

THE YANKEES!

touche'

:rolleyes:

How about a football team?

Agreed.

The Jests have apparently opted for the Daniel Snyder method of team improvement at this point. And it DOES makes sense for a team in their position...but not so much for the Bills and Redskins.

Indeed...when you're one game from reaching the Superbowl, $3.6M for a pass rusher that may be able to help salvage the career of Vernon Gholston and possibly give you some quality 3rd down play is a less audacious investment than it would be for a 6-10 team with no QB, no OL, one WR, a new GM, and a slew of new coaches.

The Bills fall further behind...the Jets, as do the Dols and Pats. The Dols fall behind because with the loss of Porter AND Taylor, they lose 16 sacks from last season, and Dansby, who isn't a great 3-4 LB'er, doesn't get may sacks (has averaged just over 4 a year in his career).