NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

Potentially good news:

"The game ended with a melee in front of the Buffalo bench and five players were penalized. Bruins top defenseman Zdeno Chara was called for an instigator penalty, which if not rescinded will force him to miss Game 6."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=300423002

Something created by Habs fans last year.

The truth about Zdeno.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Sharks, and to Dante! They pulled it off...scary first round...I admire their ability to turn it around...I hope the Sabres can exhibit similar intestinal fortitude this coming week...

Thank you. They didn't play especially well last night but they did when they had to. Will need a fuller effort in the next round. Looks like the Wings. ugh

I really think the Sabres can do it. I think they have to balls to and I just don't think the Bruins are unbeatable the next game. They are a decent team but not a dominant one . If Buffalo gets it too 7 its going to be fantastic!! I can't wait to congratulate you guys when that happens!! :unsure:

edit. Damn just saw that Coyotes beat Wings today. Not so fast on picking Detroit. It could be Phoenix that the Sharks play

If Vanek play in game 6, the Sabres will end-up winning the series. If not, it will be a longshot.

Game 3 they played like dogmeat and it was still tied with a couple minutes left. Game 4 they got hosed on some calls and should've won. So I don't know, I feel like they have a punchers chance either way. Obviously Vanek would be a nice boost for a team that needs scoring though.

Again though I go back to "does it matter"....anyone think this team has a chance against the Penguins?

Game 3 they played like dogmeat and it was still tied with a couple minutes left. Game 4 they got hosed on some calls and should've won. So I don't know, I feel like they have a punchers chance either way. Obviously Vanek would be a nice boost for a team that needs scoring though.

Again though I go back to "does it matter"....anyone think this team has a chance against the Penguins?

I agree that they've had their chances to win all 3 of the games they lost. And the common denominator was losing Vanek. I like the way they played Friday night and (obviously) hopefully they can build off of that for tomorrow night. But I read that the decision to play will be Vanek's and that he skated today with no obvious problem. :wallbash:

BTW, here's the article on Vanek: http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/Sabres-...to-Vanek-042510

Thank you. They didn't play especially well last night but they did when they had to. Will need a fuller effort in the next round. Looks like the Wings. ugh

I really think the Sabres can do it. I think they have to balls to and I just don't think the Bruins are unbeatable the next game. They are a decent team but not a dominant one . If Buffalo gets it too 7 its going to be fantastic!! I can't wait to congratulate you guys when that happens!! :wallbash:

edit. Damn just saw that Coyotes beat Wings today. Not so fast on picking Detroit. It could be Phoenix that the Sharks play

Wow...first time in years anyone has suspected the Sabres of having balls...I hope you are right... when I am particularly disgusted with them, I refer to them as the "taffy asses"...as BuffOrange says, the Sabres chances against the Penguins wouldn't be very good, but I am not ready for the Sabres season to end...how many times has anyone pulled for a team (particularly if you are a WNY sports fan) believing they had what it takes to win it all...but that is why they play the games, and why we watch...cuz you just never know...can't win it if you aren't in it...GO SABRES!

No chance.

nhl suspension policy

B-)

Bettman and his colon Campbell's got that on a laminated cue card... They knows "intent." :thumbsup:

Ovie lays it down on Campbell and gets time off... Hossa lays it on a nobody NHLer and they blow it off.

As much as I would like to see Chicago win... The NHL is purely a bush league and it shows in their arbitrary rulings. No self-respecting person can cry about the Campbell hit.

Geez already... Get rid of the instigator rule and let the players police themselves rather than a suit in an office. As much as I hated star players skating around like protected prima donnas, the old way is better than this farce the league is spewing.

:P

Bettman and his colon Campbell's got that on a laminated cue card... They knows "intent." :flirt:

Ovie lays it down on Campbell and gets time off... Hossa lays it on a nobody NHLer and they blow it off.

As much as I would like to see Chicago win... The NHL is purely a bush league and it shows in their arbitrary rulings. No self-respecting person can cry about the Campbell hit.

Geez already... Get rid of the instigator rule and let the players police themselves rather than a suit in an office. As much as I hated star players skating around like protected prima donnas, the old way is better than this farce the league is spewing.

Although I don't disagree with you on the arbitrary way the NHL seems to officiate, how can you call them bush when the most obviously near criminal rulings and officiating have come out of the NFL? See almost any Bills game when in NE? The tuck rule? The Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl? Its worse the bush league its organised crime like.