NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

Goalie had a 2-0 lead in the third. Team lost 3-2. You tell me.

Is it THE problem? No. Is it A problem, I think it is. All the Miller ballwashing is ridiculous. He's NOT a big-game goalie in the vein of Hasek, Brodeur or Roy.

Miller was HUGE tonight. The Bruins would have won by 5 goals if Miller didn't play balls out.

BTW, was that just another meaningless goal by Satan?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had some unbelievable saves in the first OT, but I thought the 2nd goal was pretty weak.........The OT goal, I'm not sure what he was doing - it seemed like he got frozen OUTSIDE OF THE CREASE.

Fixed that for you. He's got all the wanderlust of Hasek with a fraction of the recovery ability.

He had some unbelievable saves in the first OT, but I thought the 2nd goal was pretty weak.........The OT goal, I'm not sure what he was doing - it seemed like he got frozen.

Or it was a one on one at full speed after 85+ minutes of a level of intensity that you or I cannot even imagine. He had to be aggressive and I wouldn't have had him do anything else. You get beaten, he cannot stop everything.

And two of the saves he made in OT were just out of this world. Guy is a stud and to call him not a big-game goalie is just pure ignorance.

Or it was a one on one at full speed after 85+ minutes of a level of intensity that you or I cannot even imagine. He had to be aggressive and I wouldn't have had him do anything else. You get beaten, he cannot stop everything.

And two of the saves he made in OT were just out of this world. Guy is a stud and to call him not a big-game goalie is just pure ignorance.

So, uh, what's the excuse for giving up TWO two-goal leads in the series? I'm sure they weren't his fault, right?

Face it, he's being outmatched by a rookie.

Goalie had a 2-0 lead in the third. Team lost 3-2. You tell me.

Is it THE problem? No. Is it A problem, I think it is. All the Miller ballwashing is ridiculous. He's NOT a big-game goalie in the vein of Hasek, Brodeur or Roy.

Nobody is Hasek or Roy except Hasek or Roy. Saying Miller is a problem because he doesn't meet that standard is ridiculous. Without Miller, that pack of scrubs finishes behind Toronto and out of the playoffs altogether.

Exactly how many phenomenal saves did you want him to make in the last 30:00 while Lydman, Tallinder, Pominville and Myers are repeatedly handing the puck over in their own end?

The guy is a great tender but you'll never admit it because you staked your position out years ago and can't admit you were wrong. But at this point I hope you get your wish and the Sabres trade him for a slew of picks because it's just going to be Hasek all over again. Arguably the best goalie on the planet and a golden opportunity to make multiple playoff runs, but the front office isn't going to put anything worth two nickels out in front of him. Hitting on a bunch of cheap blue chip picks is the only way this team is going to be competitive.

Nobody is Hasek or Roy except Hasek or Roy. Saying Miller is a problem because he doesn't meet that standard is ridiculous. Without Miller, that pack of scrubs finishes behind Toronto and out of the playoffs altogether.

Exactly how many phenomenal saves did you want him to make in the last 30:00 while Lydman, Tallinder, Pominville and Myers are repeatedly handing the puck over in their own end?

The guy is a great tender but you'll never admit it because you staked your position out years ago and can't admit you were wrong. But at this point I hope you get your wish and the Sabres trade him for a slew of picks because it's just going to be Hasek all over again. Arguably the best goalie on the planet and a golden opportunity to make multiple playoff runs, but the front office isn't going to put anything worth two nickels out in front of him. Hitting on a bunch of cheap blue chip picks is the only way this team is going to be competitive.

Oh, I don't doubt that the rest of the team is craptastic. Montador? Really? Uh, OK. The team had a chance to keep some talent and they didn't. They kept Vanek. Thomas Vanek. So I feel your pain. It's why I haven't bothered to follow them for years. Like the Bills, it's a waste of time. But again, let's get real. Rask looks just as talented at this point, and you CAN'T tell me the Broons are more offensively talented than the Sabres.

Anyone who blames Miller is watching the game through his anus. The rest of this team is a joke, though. But hey, it's Buffalo. It's how we roll.

PTR

The team played hard, but our "stars" can't f'n score when it matters. Fire Regier and get rid of Connolly. That's a good start.

Anyone who blames Miller is watching the game through his anus. The rest of this team is a joke, though. But hey, it's Buffalo. It's how we roll.

PTR

Exactly. You can second-guess whether or not Miller should have been out of the crease, but you're missing the point. There isn't enough in front of him, particularly with the injuries. If anyone thought we were going to win after watching the first shift (which lasted a minute) of the second OT is nuts. It was obvious the entire team was exhausted. It was a matter of time before a fatigue-related penalty was going to end our night. Watch Satan after he gets the puck. He could have ordered a pizza before he went to the backhand. Myers, Lydman, Connelly and Grier...all in the general area, but none of them had the energy to do anything but watch.

OK, I have a delimma. I like hockey and the Sabres, but rarely get to see regular season games. So, I hear all year how good the Sabres are looking. Then the playoffs come and I finally get to see them play. Then they lay eggs like they did today. So, clearly, I know I'm a jinx.

OK. So, I'll stop watching. They'll win. But, what good is it wanting the Sabres to win, if I can never watch them win?

DVR them all and watch the games after we win the cup...?

Obviously Schrödinger didn't have TiVo.

I don't believe this team has scored a power play goal yet this series. Sloppy passing and late/weak/lazy at the point of attack. They need to get bigger in size in all phases of the game.

To be fair, they would have actually had to have a powerplay in this game to score on it.

skimmed most of the recent posts and here's what i agree with:

Connoly, Torres, anyone, need to step up and actually score A goal.

Miller is not the superstar we would like him to be. Sorry. I know that is heresy, and I love him to death, but I remember watching goalies such as Roy, Brodeur, and even Hasek carry teams less talented and more outplayed than ours. If he was in their class, this game would have been a shut out. This goes back years. I remember during the Briere/Drury days saying that Miller always gives up 3 goals, but no worries because we were scoring 4-7 goals a game back then.

We need Miller to give up less goals, and our offense to score more goals. it sounds so simple.

Offense needs to step up, or rather, SHOW UP.

Miller needs to not give up his usual 3 goals.

OK, well I must just have unrealistic expectations for the "best goaile in the world."

As a Sens fan, I know what crappy goaltending looks like. If you are so shrouded in your position that Miller is "over-rated" (quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read from a hockey fan), then we'll be happy to trade you any player on the Sens roster for him.

To blame him for tonight's loss is incredible. What kind of fan are you?

skimmed most of the recent posts and here's what i agree with:

Connoly, Torres, anyone, need to step up and actually score A goal.

Miller is not the superstar we would like him to be. Sorry. I know that is heresy, and I love him to death, but I remember watching goalies such as Roy, Brodeur, and even Hasek carry teams less talented and more outplayed than ours. If he was in their class, this game would have been a shut out. This goes back years. I remember during the Briere/Drury days saying that Miller always gives up 3 goals, but no worries because we were scoring 4-7 goals a game back then.

We need Miller to give up less goals, and our offense to score more goals. it sounds so simple.

Offense needs to step up, or rather, SHOW UP.

Miller needs to not give up his usual 3 goals.

Dude, he was 2nd in the league in GAA. What more can you expect?

Dude, he was 2nd in the league in GAA. What more can you expect?

during the regular season, yes. now we are in the playoffs and it's a whole new season. nothing from the regular season matters. a fact that seems lost on our team.

dont get me wrong. i love ryan miller, and think he is a great goalie. but he needs to provide us with a win, all his own. all of the other greats have. some of them on a regular basis. our defense was great tonight, and the team played well. if we had the MVP goalie in net, it could have been a shut out.