NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

during the regular season, yes. now we are in the playoffs and it's a whole new season. nothing from the regular season matters. a fact that seems lost on our team.

dont get me wrong. i love ryan miller, and think he is a great goalie. but he needs to provide us with a win, all his own. all of the other greats have. some of them on a regular basis. our defense was great tonight, and the team played well. if we had the MVP goalie in net, it could have been a shut out.

Exactly. I love RM but something screams that he just instn't "big game."

I don't know what it is... Yes, he stands on his head... When the pressure isn't on him... The game could have easily been worse... But when the money is on the line... Epic fail is usually the result... Sure just like the Canada game, somebody else is screwing up... Then bam, it is in the back of the net. I don't know why people say he doesn't get rattled... He seems to... Goals end up in clusters, then he settles down and stands on his head... I had no doubt that when they scored the first, another was gonna tie it! <_<

Oh well such is BFLO sports! Have they ever came back from 3-1? Was the SENS series back in 1997 3-1 (Plante OT goal, game 7)?? It is hockey, so they have the best chance than other sports!

This series reminds me of the BFLO-BOS series in the early 1990's... I think BFLO one every game in OT or by one goal. I guess it is BOS turn to turn the tables... At least there won't be heartbreak later, no way is this team getting past the Pens or Caps... Or even the Devils/Flyers! BOS was the easiest road. ;)

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Sabres played very well tonight, but, in the end, their persistent inability to score when goals are desperately needed, aided by some truly terrible officiating, did them in. You can't necessarily blame the players for this one, they are what they are, a collection of good players, with skill, but still missing key pieces to assemble team. They simply have to get biggger, stronger and more physical. I was sure Raffi Torres was going to get the game winner tonight... but alas...

Heartbreaking loss, after the team played their best game of the series... Satans' goal was the work of a crafty vet. I can't blame Miller for that... most guys would have tried to stuff that puck in right away, but Miro faked three players out with his stick witchery... it sucks...

during the regular season, yes. now we are in the playoffs and it's a whole new season. nothing from the regular season matters. a fact that seems lost on our team.

Right, now his save percentage is only 4th out of 16 in the playoffs... He clearly sucks. <_<

I thought the Sabres played very well tonight, but, in the end, their persistent inability to score when goals are desperately needed

And that's the difference in the game and the series. They dominated the first OT; best I have seen them play all series. But they couldn't finish any of the numerous opportunities.

I almost didn't watch the 2d OT because I just knew what was coming. I'm sure everyone else who's followed Buffalo sports their whole life did too.

Right, now his save percentage is only 4th out of 16 in the playoffs... He clearly sucks. ;)

I never said he sucks either. He just isn't clutch WHEN YOU NEED HIM MOST. This doesn't mean he isn't clutch either. I am talking about when the game is on the line and the next goal wins. I just don't get a good feeling in those situations... Then again, it is like KD said... You almost knew what was coming. Maybe that is a BFLO sports thing! <_<

Nobody is Hasek or Roy except Hasek or Roy. Saying Miller is a problem because he doesn't meet that standard is ridiculous. Without Miller, that pack of scrubs finishes behind Toronto and out of the playoffs altogether.

Exactly how many phenomenal saves did you want him to make in the last 30:00 while Lydman, Tallinder, Pominville and Myers are repeatedly handing the puck over in their own end?

The guy is a great tender but you'll never admit it because you staked your position out years ago and can't admit you were wrong.

That is on point, and I'm not even really the biggest Miller fan in the world.

No team is going anywhere with Derek freaking Roy as their 2nd best skill/goal guy, much less supposedly their best (when Vanek is out). Seriously - how much are they paying that piece of garbage? It's not even like he's getting unlucky. I can't think of one almost-goal he's had this series.

I thought Ennis and Montador were their best players last night, with the guy they just called up from Portland not far behind. Even if they had won this game, good luck vs. the Penguins with that group.

Buffalo's only problem is their inability to score. Goaltending was fine yesterday, defense was good, offense - although they pressured could not score. They played well enough to blow them out, IF they could have put something in the net.

I wouldn't mind seeing 4 or 5 of the core guys gone next year if it meant getting a couple of goal scorers and a couple of veteran leaders.

skimmed most of the recent posts and here's what i agree with:

Connoly, Torres, anyone, need to step up and actually score A goal.

Miller is not the superstar we would like him to be. Sorry. I know that is heresy, and I love him to death, but I remember watching goalies such as Roy, Brodeur, and even Hasek carry teams less talented and more outplayed than ours. If he was in their class, this game would have been a shut out. This goes back years. I remember during the Briere/Drury days saying that Miller always gives up 3 goals, but no worries because we were scoring 4-7 goals a game back then.

We need Miller to give up less goals, and our offense to score more goals. it sounds so simple.

Offense needs to step up, or rather, SHOW UP.

Miller needs to not give up his usual 3 goals.

Yup, Miller needs to shut out the opposition every game. <_<

Buffalo's only problem is their inability to score. Goaltending was fine yesterday, defense was good, offense - although they pressured could not score. They played well enough to blow them out, IF they could have put something in the net.

I wouldn't mind seeing 4 or 5 of the core guys gone next year if it meant getting a couple of goal scorers and a couple of veteran leaders.

But where are they going to get those guys? They're not exactly exactly easy to come by. They may be able to land one or two, but right now, they may be in a spot where their only hope is that guys like Kennedy, Ennis, and Myers develop into those guys. It's a real shame that Vanek got hurt because this really could have been his chance to shine.

And that's the difference in the game and the series. They dominated the first OT; best I have seen them play all series. But they couldn't finish any of the numerous opportunities.

I almost didn't watch the 2d OT because I just knew what was coming. I'm sure everyone else who's followed Buffalo sports their whole life did too.

If they had Vanek, this might be a different series. He was just starting to heat up and he is the one legit top line guy on the roster who can make his own goals.

If they had Vanek, this might be a different series. He was just starting to heat up and he is the one legit top line guy on the roster who can make his own goals.

One thing people never gave him credit for, especially this year while he was struggling, was all the goals that he creates for other players. Whether it's the screen shot that he fails to get a piece of or the goal scored while one defender is clearly focusing on Vanek, he is the main source of goals for this team. He doesn't always get on the scoresheet, but he deserved a lot of the credit.

the job of a goalie is to keep you in the game and give you a chance to win the game...Miller did his job...the trio of Pomminville, Connolly, and ROy NEED to make a play and put this game away...that is why they are paid the big bucks...to finish games...not score the 6th goal in a 6-1 game....my solution is after this season, package on of these forwards with Butler and the best player possible

One thing people never gave him credit for, especially this year while he was struggling, was all the goals that he creates for other players. Whether it's the screen shot that he fails to get a piece of or the goal scored while one defender is clearly focusing on Vanek, he is the main source of goals for this team. He doesn't always get on the scoresheet, but he deserved a lot of the credit.

yes, people do not realize the beating you take sitting in front of that net....i have no respect for anyone that calls him soft or a pansy.....i did notice that we had little presence in front of Rask all night....and when we did good things happen

yes, people do not realize the beating you take sitting in front of that net....i have no respect for anyone that calls him soft or a pansy.....i did notice that we had little presence in front of Rask all night....and when we did good things happen

The fact that he skated yesterday was probably just done for show (just like Savard skating for Boston), but if he were to somehow actually come back and play game 6, it would go even further towards making those people look like fools.

You know what?

Whomever expected this team to have a deep run in the playoffs was fooling themselves IMO.

Sabres are a good team, but in no way are they elite...yet.

There are a lot of good young players in this roster who will get better...the Sabres need to add some size for the upcoming seasons...and hopefully a guy like Kaissan can provide that sooner or later...

A True #1 center is needed too...not Connolly...more like a Lecavalier type.

Blaming Miller for this is ludicrous...you know what I blame? This teams inability to clear the damn puck out of their zone and giving the Ruins more chances then they should have...THAT is killing them in this series.

This series is not over yet. Win Friday, pressure swings back to Boston.