NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

Flyers fans at the end of the game were awesome IMO..the Lets Go Flyers chant when the team was standing there devastated was pretty cool.

I know I know...Philly fans are scum and are the only scum, its not like Buffalo fans get into fights with other teams fans and have arrests galore at football games :cry::cry:

Really? Seriously? They BOOED the Conn Smythe and Cup presentations. Utterly classless.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I really thought the Flyers would hold ice once more and give themselves a punchers chance back in Chi-town, but just wasn't meant to be...that's okay...congrats to the 'hawks! Forty years is a long time to wait for another cup, so congrats to them and their fans, especially you Exiled! :worthy:

Me? I love seeing the 'Hawks win over the Flyers... Yet, the town will be brutal now with bandwagon fans! Like the double edge sword in 2005 with the Sox... At least with the Sox, inter-city battle lines could still be drawn!

Thank you Pat Kane! As ex-Buffaloians living in/near Chicago... You made it a dream to handle! True, my rooting preference starts with the Sabres then goes to the Blackhawks... Then the rest of the teams in a complicated order. Sorry AJ... The Flyers are dead last evenly with the Bruins. The victory is bittersweet seeing the Sabres are going on 40 years!

I can't really on my old joke that the 'Hawks are the Sabres' "farm team"... I wil have to find a new schtick and thankfully it will revolve around Kane! :unsure:

Does anybody think that the main reason hockey can't seem to get popular in the US is that the payoff is not very clear to see?............Here was the Stanley Cup winning goal and you don't really see it - only Kane knows it's in the net. Same thing with the Olympic Gold Medal game - Crosby's shot was so fast, you don't really see it - I watched it many times and still don't see the puck go between Miller's legs.

It's so exciting, esp. these OT games, and then boom, it's over, and you're not even sure what just happened.........You can clearly see Jordan's buzzer beater in '98, Dwight Clark's catch, Aaron Boone's home run, etc.

I was pretty much the only person who liked Fox's way that it tracked the puck about ten years ago, so maybe it's just me, but I feel like the payoff is just not as sweet as it is in other sports.

Yes! My son was on speaker phone with his friend while they were gaming on the computer. His friend and family are all from Chicago and are avid Blackhawk fans, even during the lean Bill Wirtz days. I commented to him on great the winning goal was. His reply? "I didn't even see it go in." "All I seen is him (Kane) running (skating) around... I didn't think the game was over." True is friend is only 11 years old... But still.

Referring to Briere. I love watching him play, and I honestly think he might still be wearing a Sabres uniform, if not for the Sabres mis-placed loyalty to Drury, who, IMO, never wanted to stay in Buffalo. Briere may be "vexing" (not quite sure what that means), but he has shown to a very good, if not great, playoff performer over the years...just what the current cast of "two-pump chumps" currently wearing Sabres jerseys, lack.

Anyway, I think Briere is the only guy who could ever get me to pull for the Flyers. But, I am not heartbroken...would have liked to see a game 7...sad to see it end on such a crummy goal. But congrats to the Blackhawks.

I just don't agree. JP Dumont may be still wearing a Sabres uni if it wasn't for the mis-placed loyality (of course arbitration issue) with DB.

The two guys I can't stand the most in hockey are DB and Marian Hossa. I could never accept the two in a Sabres uni... No matter how hard I try...

I was amazed at DB's +/- for the series though! Totally unlike his numbers.

If anybody wants to know:

Predominantly Suburbanites (I am one myself) on Parade

I am only joking! I know I will take heat for this, so be it... Again only joking! Who am I without a social commentary... <_<

Hint: When the bandwagon comes rolling by... Throw names like Magnuson, Bannerman, Hall, Mikita, and Tessier around! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Should be a real cool "ticker tape" (shredded old newspapers) parade! Also, not one penny of taxpayer dollars is being spent on this and clean-up... Or so they say!

Yes! My son was on speaker phone with his friend while they were gaming on the computer. His friend and family are all from Chicago and are avid Blackhawk fans, even during the lean Bill Wirtz days. I commented to him on great the winning goal was. His reply? "I didn't even see it go in." "All I seen is him (Kane) running (skating) around... I didn't think the game was over." True is friend is only 11 years old... But still.

And, I don't really know the answer for it since Fox's glowing puck got laughed out of hockey..........Very strange to have the Stanley Cup won and the goal light doesn't even go on.

Throw names like Magnuson, Bannerman, Hall, Mikita, and Tessier around!

Tessier was a character in The Princess Bride, correct?

Magnuson was one of those 'worlds strongest man' men.

Bannerman had something to do with Peter Parker.

Mikita makes power tools.

Hall was made famous on Let's Make a Deal!

BINGO!!!

And, I don't really know the answer for it since Fox's glowing puck got laughed out of hockey..........Very strange to have the Stanley Cup won and the goal light doesn't even go on.

You have to remember that this was the same 'rocket scientist' goal light/horn team that almost cost Philly Game 3 by sounding the horn and turning the light on too quickly before the puck had gone in and was frozen by the goalkeeper. After that gaffe, they were probably really gun shy.

I just don't agree. JP Dumont may be still wearing a Sabres uni if it wasn't for the mis-placed loyality (of course arbitration issue) with DB.

The two guys I can't stand the most in hockey are DB and Marian Hossa. I could never accept the two in a Sabres uni... No matter how hard I try...

I was amazed at DB's +/- for the series though! Totally unlike his numbers.

Big time players make big time plays... :)

But at least they get the idea of "home cooking" in Philly... Not like the dolt in BFLO that flung the Zamboni doors open after No Goal in 1999! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how the hell the Boston Bruins got the 2nd pick in the NHL draft? Had they traded for the pick with some team? I'm never so sure how all that works in hockey because they have that lottery system.

Anyone know how the hell the Boston Bruins got the 2nd pick in the NHL draft? Had they traded for the pick with some team? I'm never so sure how all that works in hockey because they have that lottery system.

They traded Kessel to the terrible Maple Leafs for their pick, which turned out to be the #2 pick. Great, huh?

The Sabres do nothing and watched other team improve. Besides Miller and Myers and maybe Grier, I have a hard time seeing how this sackless bunch will improve next year.

They traded Kessel to the terrible Maple Leafs for their pick, which turned out to be the #2 pick. Great, huh?

The Sabres do nothing and watched other team improve. Besides Miller and Myers and maybe Grier, I have a hard time seeing how this sackless bunch will improve next year.

You are so right. They should be able to make a move to go from first place to zeroeth place.