NHL Playoffs thread...

Buftex

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Go Habs Go!

For the last half hour my wife has kept yelling into the other room "What do you keep laughing at?" :lol: I was hoping for an eventual Pitt/Wash series because they hate each other so much but that was absolutely fantastic. I'll even give it a tremendously tremendous. :thumbsup:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a wild game, that was pretty sweet. I think the playoffs are better and hockey is better off with the Capitals in the mix, but I'm glad Montreal won. A hot goalie and power play goals in 6 out of 7 games. Plus taking 3 out of 4 in Washington, where the Caps DOMINATED during the regular season.

The Caps beat up on their cupcake division all year, but reverted to their typical gag form in the playoffs. Love it.

Habs are like watching paint dry. Reminds of the days when the Devils had the clutch/grab/interference game going on and getting away with it. Have no love for Ovechkin and company but kind of wanted them to get rid of Montreal. They're kind a like a virus of bad hockey thats going to make the next series they are in hard to watch.

Habs are like watching paint dry. Reminds of the days when the Devils had the clutch/grab/interference game going on and getting away with it. Have no love for Ovechkin and company but kind of wanted them to get rid of Montreal. They're kind a like a virus of bad hockey thats going to make the next series they are in hard to watch.

How do you expect them to play against a juggernaut offensive team?

WOOOOOOOOT

For the last half hour my wife has kept yelling into the other room "What do you keep laughing at?" :lol:

I was hoping for an eventual Pitt/Wash series because they hate each other so much but that was absolutely fantastic. I'll even give it a tremendously tremendous. :thumbsup:

I even had Pollock rooting for my Habs, and he's not even a hockey guy. He was just amused at the idea of all three division champs tanking in Round 1, I think.

As for me, I've disliked Ovechkin ever since he ran Briere. He's a great player, but there's a line between hard-nosed and thuggish, and let's just say I wasn't surprised at the way he dumped Campbell into the boards this year. Wasn't real impressed by the way he totally disappeared against Canada in the Olympics, either.

Get bent, Alex.

I even had Pollock rooting for my Habs, and he's not even a hockey guy. He was just amused at the idea of all three division champs tanking in Round 1, I think.

As for me, I've disliked Ovechkin ever since he ran Briere. He's a great player, but there's a line between hard-nosed and thuggish, and let's just say I wasn't surprised at the way he dumped Campbell into the boards this year. Wasn't real impressed by the way he totally disappeared against Canada in the Olympics, either.

Get bent, Alex.

Can they beat Crosby? Unlike Ovy Sydney has heart.

I hope I can score tickets for this series.

As a lifelong Pittsburgh fan transplaned just south of DC, this made my night. Now the Pens will cakewalk to the Stanley Cup Finals again. Especially now that NJ and Washington are out.

The Pens are good, but they aren't as good as last year. They also were 0-10 this year versus Wash and NJ. What a dream come true tonight was!!!!

LMAO - Bye Bye Ovechkin!

As a lifelong Pittsburgh fan transplaned just south of DC, this made my night. Now the Pens will cakewalk to the Stanley Cup Finals again. Especially now that NJ and Washington are out.

The Pens are good, but they aren't as good as last year. They also were 0-10 this year versus Wash and NJ. What a dream come true tonight was!!!!

LMAO - Bye Bye Ovechkin!

Cakewalk? You can't be as dumb as to believe that any series is a cakewalk.

Cakewalk? You can't be as dumb as to believe that any series is a cakewalk.

I most certainly do. LOL. Really, do you think either Boston or Philly can beat Pittsburgh? And I'm not buying that Halak can knock out Washington and Pittsburgh. So yeah, I think the Pens will have a relative easy time through the rest of the East.

IF Halak plays like this in the next round, I won't be surprised that the HABS would beat Pittsburgh, but I just don't think he can do it again.

It's amazing what my confidence level and expectations are with the Pens as compared to my confidence and expectations with our beloved Bills. Totally different approach.

Washington probably thought they had a smooth road, too. Just sayin'.

I hear that. But, Washington also still doesn't have proven Cup winning players like the Pens. Remember their choke in game seven at home vs. Pittsburgh last year too. It wasn't even a choke, it was an absolute collapse.

Such has been the reputation of many of the current Russian players in big games. NHL and Olympics.

I most certainly do. LOL. Really, do you think either Boston or Philly can beat Pittsburgh? And I'm not buying that Halak can knock out Washington and Pittsburgh. So yeah, I think the Pens will have a relative easy time through the rest of the East.

IF Halak plays like this in the next round, I won't be surprised that the HABS would beat Pittsburgh, but I just don't think he can do it again.

It's amazing what my confidence level and expectations are with the Pens as compared to my confidence and expectations with our beloved Bills. Totally different approach.

I think Philly could.

I don't think MTL will beat the Pens but to say "cakewalk" sort of shows me your ignorance in terms of playoff hockey.

I don't think in my life, I've seen any team have an easy time to the final. Every game is a heart attack.

I think the playoffs are better and hockey is better off with the Capitals in the mix

Definitely. Like the ncaa tournament it's a nice upset/story for 24 hours. Then the next round starts and it's "oh crap nobody cares about Pens-Habs".

The Sabres were a 7 in 1999 and played Boston a 6 in the 2nd round of 1999...

I predict the Flyers get to the finals and get jobbed on an unprecedented call in OT.

I think Philly could.

I don't think MTL will beat the Pens but to say "cakewalk" sort of shows me your ignorance in terms of playoff hockey.

I don't think in my life, I've seen any team have an easy time to the final. Every game is a heart attack.

Then you must be a fan of a Schitty team.

Lets talk ignorance here. Philly's slow plodding team won't keep up with Pittsburgh. Plus, they just lost two more key players.

Second, no offense to Sabres fans, but Boston sucks.

Third - Montreal was all Halak. He will be the biggest challenge. If he stays like he is now, the HABS could win. I just dont think he can. As good as he was, the Caps were still up 3-1 this series, and choked.

And cruise with ease??? Let's look at last year.....Pittsburgh blew past Philly last year 4-2, and erased a huge deficit in a game to springboard that series. Beat Washington in seven, which was gut wrenching, and then swept Carolina. Every game WAS NOT a heart attack. As a matter of fact, the Carolina series was painfully boring.

Then you must be a fan of a Schitty team.

Lets talk ignorance here. Philly's slow plodding team won't keep up with Pittsburgh. Plus, they just lost two more key players.

Second, no offense to Sabres fans, but Boston sucks.

Third - Montreal was all Halak. He will be the biggest challenge. If he stays like he is now, the HABS could win. I just dont think he can. As good as he was, the Caps were still up 3-1 this series, and choked.

And cruise with ease??? Let's look at last year.....Pittsburgh blew past Philly last year 4-2, and erased a huge deficit in a game to springboard that series. Beat Washington in seven, which was gut wrenching, and then swept Carolina. Every game WAS NOT a heart attack. As a matter of fact, the Carolina series was painfully boring.

It was all Halak? I agree he was a huge factor but factor in the blocked shots and the way they never gave up and you'll see it was more than just Halak.

But anyways we'll see what happens on Friday.

It was all Halak? I agree he was a huge factor but factor in the blocked shots and the way they never gave up and you'll see it was more than just Halak.

But anyways we'll see what happens on Friday.

Game 1 will not define the series. Matter of fact, Montreal's best chance might be in game one to make this a series.

And yeah, it was mostly Halak. The Caps outshot the HABS like 145 to 65 or something ridiculous in the last three games they lost. That's just unreal.

I hate sticking up for the Caps too, but they got jobbed tonight on the goal they had taken away.

Again though, if Halak stays hot, the HABS can win. I don't think he will.

Game 1 will not define the series. Matter of fact, Montreal's best chance might be in game one to make this a series.

And yeah, it was mostly Halak. The Caps outshot the HABS like 145 to 65 or something ridiculous in the last three games they lost. That's just unreal.

I hate sticking up for the Caps too, but they got jobbed tonight on the goal they had taken away.

Again though, if Halak stays hot, the HABS can win. I don't think he will.

Crosby is considerably better than Ovy so we'll see if le CH is up for the task.

I'm not worried about Malkin though, he should be shutting it down soon as it's way passed his obligations on his contract :thumbsup: