Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets!!

sven233

This is also just another New York team acting like another New York team. I think someone up there refernced the Mets. They think that just by bringing names that their casual fan base sees on sportscenter will make them legit. wrong.

This team is setting itself up to crash and burn offensively IMO.

Sounds like whistling past the graveyard.

Agree. I look at it as this is more pressure for Sanchez to perform more than he did in his dismal rookie year. Lt IMO was a bad pick-up. I see distaster written all over this. Mark my words. Rex Ryan will run this team in the ground. he inherited a team with a fantastic offensive and defensive lines and has made foolish pick ups. Except for Bart and Jimmy Leonard.

Yeah, he really took over that team from mangina and "ran it into the ground".

Dumbest post of the week.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes is a SB mvp....

And as a result he is overrated. See also; Larry Brown, Timmy Smith and Desmond Howard.

Not saying Holmes isn't a good WR, but he's not a #1 guy and when you consider the off field issues, it may not be the steal everything seems to think.

That kind a **** pisses me off....why cant buffalo make those kinds of deals? Were gonna be on the other side of a **** deal when/if we trade marshawn for a 5th rounder...what a joke F*** ralph

You forget the Bills are the colon of the NFL and no one wants to play here.

PTR

And as a result he is overrated. See also; Larry Brown, Timmy Smith and Desmond Howard.

Not saying Holmes isn't a good WR, but he's not a #1 guy and when you consider the off field issues, it may not be the steal everything seems to think.

Yep...79 catches for 1248 yard receivers grow on trees in the NFL :unsure:

the Jets are proving again and again they are committed to winning...as we twiddle the thumbs...Holmes and Evans would have been a nice combo...oh well, this is why I take the NFL less seriously every year.

damn, that team is going to be really good.

I agree totally. If they had retained Farve, and he had the same kind of season he had in Minnesota last year, they would have gone to the Super Bowl.

But what I never understood is why they released Thomas Jones. Granted, he didn’t have a great post season. But the guy still ran for over 1400 yards during the regular season. Averaging 4.2 yards a pop. Maybe Ryan knows something the rest of don’t.

But what I never understood is why they released Thomas Jones. Granted, he didn’t have a great post season. But the guy still ran for over 1400 yards during the regular season. Averaging 4.2 yards a pop. Maybe Ryan knows something the rest of don’t.

Of course, when you have a stud like Greene and then pick up LT to be the back-up, the decision to release Jones--whether or right or wrong--becomes of little consequence.

Everyone else just keeps getting better for very little cost. Pats get Moss for a fourth rounder, Jets Holmes for a 5th. Hey don't they Bills have a gaping hole at the second WR spot.

But wait Holmes is a bad guy (79 cathces, over 1000yds, SB winning catch).

Wouldn't want him or Lynch on the same team.....

Another year of watching others get better

Yep...79 catches for 1248 yard receivers grow on trees in the NFL :unsure:

the Jets are proving again and again they are committed to winning...as we twiddle the thumbs...Holmes and Evans would have been a nice combo...oh well, this is why I take the NFL less seriously every year.

Holmes has issues, but he's another way to help Sanchez improve faster.

Having said that, there's no doubt that NE, NYJ, and MIA are all much stronger than Buffalo. NYJ looks like they're going for broke, which is a far cry from the Bills. Buffalo is commited to not commiting to much more than the minimum.

Everyone else just keeps getting better for very little cost. Pats get Moss for a fourth rounder, Jets Holmes for a 5th. Hey don't they Bills have a gaping hole at the second WR spot.

But wait Holmes is a bad guy (79 cathces, over 1000yds, SB winning catch).

Wouldn't want him or Lynch on the same team.....

Another year of watching others get better

Why trade for a guy facing a 4 game suspension for smoking pot and still talks about doing it on Twitter. I think the Jets are making a mistake, consistantly trading draft picks for questionable players. I'm fine that he's not in Buffalo.

Calm down and stop blaming Ralph every time another team signs a player.

Half the peple on this board want to trade Lynch for the same reasons Pittsburgh traded Holmes.

Now everyone will see what the market will bear for Lynch ... since he is not suspended I would say maybe a 3rd rounder? If we trade Lynch we will spend a top 4 pick on a RB. Spinning our wheels again.

Lynch should be traded for something of value and not given away like Holmes was. If we don't get as much as we did for McGahee, we shouldn't trade Lynch.

We still will blame Ralph and co for not pulling the trigger on deals like getting Holmes. It's low risk, and yet he can't do it. Why? Because he's worried about the integrity of the franchise??? No, because no one wants to be here. We have become the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL.

Lynch should be traded for something of value and not given away like Holmes was. If we don't get as much as we did for McGahee, we shouldn't trade Lynch.

We still will blame Ralph and co for not pulling the trigger on deals like getting Holmes. It's low risk, and yet he can't do it. Why? Because he's worried about the integrity of the franchise??? No, because no one wants to be here. We have become the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL.

Jets, the last two years are going all out in an effort to get to the S Bowl. Assemble talemt and let their coach deal with potential issues off the field. Give them props. Wish we had b*lls like them.

I think his off-field problems are way overblown. He got busted for having pot in his car. He was accused of throwing a glass at someone at a night club, and it turned out that he was wrongly accused. I don't know if the expected suspension is based on something new--but his priors have been pretty tame by NFL standards.

But one more "overblown off-field problem" and he's facing an even longer suspension. The fact is that the team that knew him the best was unconvinced that he'll be able to stay out of trouble in the future.

I can't read the entire thread, but...

Jets just got lots better at a position of need for them (and us) for a measley 5th round pick.

Jets have the balls to use a throw away pick on a proven WR.

Jets have a win now mentality.

Jets assume that their coach can hold any player in line.

Anyone who thinks the Jets made a mistake is smoking crack and shooting up heroin.