Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets!!

sven233

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also:

Roethlisberger to the Bills for a third. Calling it now.

Hey, if the jets can get holmes for a low 5th, we should be able to get ben for a high 3rd, right?

Haw.

You forgot to throw in Roscoe to sweeten the deal.

That kind a **** pisses me off....why cant buffalo make those kinds of deals? Were gonna be on the other side of a **** deal when/if we trade marshawn for a 5th rounder...what a joke F*** ralph

Calm down and stop blaming Ralph every time another team signs a player.

Half the peple on this board want to trade Lynch for the same reasons Pittsburgh traded Holmes.

Now everyone will see what the market will bear for Lynch ... since he is not suspended I would say maybe a 3rd rounder? If we trade Lynch we will spend a top 4 pick on a RB. Spinning our wheels again.

There is pattern per wikipedia, see below add a 4 game suspension and the the last year of his current contract, maybe they figured they'd try to get something for him now and maybe there is more to the story. You feel like there has to be something more to ship him off for a throw away pick....

Legal troubles:

Holmes has acknowledged selling drugs on the street corner of his hometown of Belle Glade, Florida as a teenager; he says that his mother's influence and a desire to play professional football made him decide to stop.[8]

Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[9] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine. Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[10]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial regarding the domestic case and hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He plead no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[11]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[12][13] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal."[14]

for just a fifth round pick. wow.

That's insane...I can't believe in this whole freaking league he ends up in the AFC East...Wonder if The Jets were the only Team that would touch him based on the circumstances...

Whatever...FU Pittsburgh... :unsure:

Holmes is one hell of a receiver. Better than any first round receiver coming into the draft. I can't believe The Steelers gave him away like that. The guy made probably the best game winning catch in SB history. He is a top ten WR in the NFL. This division is getting better by the day, and we go out and get Chad Jackson. Ohh Yeahhh! Lets get excited.

Who is the GM for the Jets? Man did he pull a Jedi mind trick on the Steelers. That's the guy we need in the organization. Look at all the players he's picked up this year.

Not a bad move for the Jets, they are looking very good next year (even with Santonio gone for the first four). I talked to a friend of mine this morning who lives in Pittsburgh and he told me that every Steelers fan is essentially saying "Well...he's a good player, but we threw that grenade out of the car before it went off".

I live in Pittsburgh. This is a terrible move for the Steelers, and an even worse one for Buffalo in that they could have had a quality WR across from evans for a 5th or 4th rounder.

I live in Pittsburgh. This is a terrible move for the Steelers, and an even worse one for Buffalo in that they could have had a quality WR across from evans for a 5th or 4th rounder.

According to Peter King, the Steelers called the Jets last night and sprung the deal on them, and the Jets accepted right away. So I'm not sure how the Bills "could have had" anything.

Holmes is bound to run himself out of NY as well. Braylon is so overrated, Holmes is OK, and Sanchez still has no testicles so relax.

I have to agree Holmes is just ok he has alright speed and decent hands he was kinda like their marshawn. He was always in a little trouble here and there. And even with these new recivers Sanchez will still throw the ball what 10 or 15 times a game half being dump offs to the backs out of the back field

According to Peter King, the Steelers called the Jets last night and sprung the deal on them, and the Jets accepted right away. So I'm not sure how the Bills "could have had" anything.

Why though. It makes no sense. We got rid of TO. We are in the market for another WR. We have higher draft picks than NY. If you make that call, don't you think they would call us before NY.

That's not what the Steelers' beat writers said. They said that the Steelers talked to several teams last night, and the Jets made them the best offer.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049772-66.stm

This makes zero sense. When was the last time a player was traded to more than one team? :lol:

The 30 other teams might be kicking themselves this morning for not getting Holmes for a fifth rounder. :unsure:

How can you really not get that? Do you honestly think that the Steelers traded Holmes behind closed doors? 30 other teams had an opportunity to offer something higher than a 5th round pick. That tells you something right there about Holmes.

According to PFT, looks like the Steelers did indeed call everyone.

Make you wonder if the Bills are calling everybody about Lynch.....

I don't know if you get rid of Lynch for anything less than a 3rd pick. You will be better off keeping him if that's the case.

This is the Rooney's sending a loud message to Ben Knuckleheadberger that NOBODY is above the Steelers' organization. I lived in Buffalo for 30 years and Pittsburgh now for five years, so I understand how the Bills fit into the WNY community. But as much as the Bills "define" Buffalo, it pales in comparison to how the Steelers define Pittsburgh. The Rooney's are involved in just about everything in the 'Burgh. They are the "First Family." As much as the Bills mean to Buffalo, Ralph is still a out-of towner and viewed as such by the fans. The Steelers and the Rooney's are the face of Pittsburgh. They don't like to be embarrassed by the kind of nonsense.

(IMO Steelers 6-1 vs Bills 0-4 Super Bowl records has a lot to do with this perception as well).

Obviously, Ben's off the field problems create a quandry for them. If it was anyone else at any other position with similiar issues, they would be gone too. But they also know that franchise QBs like Ben don't come along often. I think by dumping Holmes, who was Ben's favorite target for virtually nothing, they are saying loud and clear to Ben - "GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER OR YOU WILL BE NEXT! WE DON"T CARE WHO YOU ARE!"

I agree with one of the previous posters who made the point that many of the people complaining today about the Bills not going after Holmes are the same ones that are saying "trade Lynch". The Bills don't need choir boys, but I'm personally glad they decided to pass on yet another knucklehead. The Bills need to keep the focus on getting football their house back in order, not all this off-field garbage.