Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets!!

sven233

Holmes is bound to run himself out of NY as well. Braylon is so overrated, Holmes is OK, and Sanchez still has no testicles so relax.

Agree. I look at it as this is more pressure for Sanchez to perform more than he did in his dismal rookie year. Lt IMO was a bad pick-up. I see distaster written all over this. Mark my words. Rex Ryan will run this team in the ground. he inherited a team with a fantastic offensive and defensive lines and has made foolish pick ups. Except for Bart and Jimmy Leonard.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for just a fifth round pick. wow.

This is not a good sign for a Marshawn Lynch trade. Holmes is facing a four game suspension this year and all the Steelers got was a 5th rounder. What will the Bills get for a guy thisclose to being suspended for a year?

Both receivers got to their 70+ catch mark in their 4th year. Both left after their 4th year. Both are/have going to have a lesser QB throwing to them.

The jets aren't gonna all the sudden start airing it out after they were as nasty as they were on the ground last year, and with a QB who didn't prove anything besides that he's good at handing it off. He was basically dead last in attempts and percentage completed. What makes this scary for Bills fans?

The only thing they did was rob the steelers. If you think Holmes last long in NY/Is productive as he was in Pittsburgh then I think you're gonna be very mistaken.

They let their leading rusher go. I think letting TJ go will haunt them this year. SG looked good in limited action but who is going to back him up? If they have to rely on Sanchez to win games then they'll struggle. JMO

This is not a good sign for a Marshawn Lynch trade. Holmes is facing a four game suspension this year and all the Steelers got was a 5th rounder. What will the Bills get for a guy thisclose to being suspended for a year?

They let their leading rusher go. I think letting TJ go will haunt them this year. SG looked good in limited action but who is going to back him up? If they have to rely on Sanchez to win games then they'll struggle. JMO

They have this LT guy, as well as Leon Washington. They're no slouches, just sayin....

They have this LT guy, as well as Leon Washington. They're no slouches, just sayin....

rumor has it that Leon Washington may end up in Pitt as a "future considerations" type transaction as a part of this deal. The only thing holding that up is Washington needs to sign his tender before they can make it official.

This was a steal, even with his legal troubles, but you almost have to wonder if the Jets are trying a little to hard to assemble a SB team without regard to chemistry. The new Jets seem a lot like the early 90s Mets and early 2000s Mets who tried to aquire everyone under the sun and wound up with a mess. I can't see LT doing much, and JT who they are going for now might be in a similar washed up category. Cromartie and his Travis Henry esq paternaty pursuits adds another hedache to that lockeroom as well. Throw in a loud mouth coach, and it seems like they're setting up one heck of a powder keg.

This isn't sour grapes, as I fully recognize I'd trade teams with the Jets in a heartbeat at this point, I just think there's a chance the Jets might be sewing the seeds to their own destruction at this point.

rumor has it that Leon Washington may end up in Pitt as a "future considerations" type transaction as a part of this deal. The only thing holding that up is Washington needs to sign his tender before they can make it official.

Where'd you hear this? If so, that would even out the trade a bit. I haven't see that reported anywhere, nor have I heard of future considerations when it comes to NFL trades.

This is also just another New York team acting like another New York team. I think someone up there refernced the Mets. They think that just by bringing names that their casual fan base sees on sportscenter will make them legit. wrong.

This team is setting itself up to crash and burn offensively IMO.

30 other NFL teams could have traded for him. That tells you what kind of risk the jets are taking.

This makes zero sense. When was the last time a player was traded to more than one team? :lol:

The 30 other teams might be kicking themselves this morning for not getting Holmes for a fifth rounder. :unsure:

Not a bad move for the Jets, they are looking very good next year (even with Santonio gone for the first four). I talked to a friend of mine this morning who lives in Pittsburgh and he told me that every Steelers fan is essentially saying "Well...he's a good player, but we threw that grenade out of the car before it went off".

Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery is now one of the best groups of WR's that any team in the NFL has. Sanchez has every weapon in the world with these three, Greene, and LT. I think the Jets just went from playoff contenders to actual SB contenders IMO. The only problems I see, will Holmes be able to stay out of trouble and will Holmes sign an extension with the team? Other than that our division just got even tougher.

Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery is now one of the best groups of WR's that any team in the NFL has. Sanchez has every weapon in the world with these three, Greene, and LT. I think the Jets just went from playoff contenders to actual SB contenders IMO. The only problems I see, will Holmes be able to stay out of trouble and will Holmes sign an extension with the team? Other than that our division just got even tougher.

Indeed! But if its any consolation, our secondary is our strongest unit by far (...thanks, Dick :unsure: ). Still though, the bright side is the Jets didnt trade for some all star OLB or DE who could really wreck havoc on our crappy O-Line, they brought in a soon-to-be-suspended WR who our secondary can match up well with. Lets remember that Jairus Byrd single-handily made Braylon Edwards look foolish last year by out-hustling him on two plays that ended up netting INTs.

As another sidenote, it should be interesting to see how this talent meshes together. Clearly they're aiming for the SB with the name power they've brought in this year (Holmes, Tomlinson and Cromartie) but with all 3 of them, their original teams were desperate to get rid of them because of their work ethic and lack of production. I respect them for taking chances but this could easily blow up in their faces.

That kind a **** pisses me off....why cant buffalo make those kinds of deals? Were gonna be on the other side of a **** deal when/if we trade marshawn for a 5th rounder...what a joke F*** ralph

Didn't take long for the whining to start. :unsure: