Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets!!

sven233

Well, the Jets are getting ready for the Draft. They get a good one!

Steelers ship Santonio to the Jets

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2010 11:24 PM ET

What a strange weekend it has been for Santonio Holmes.

Yesterday, we reported that Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the substance abuse policy. Tonight, we're told that the Steelers have traded Holmes to the New York Jets.

More to come.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, despite facing a possible 4 game suspension the Jets really made out on this deal. Get a solid staring WR for a 5th round pick, that's a no brainer.

If I read the Bills acquired Holmes with their 4th round pick I would've thought that was a steal (for the Bills). I can't imagine there weren't other teams that would've been willing to give up more. Very weird. The Jets will certainly be contenders this year, they are building on both sides of the ball.

remember last year when he thought we were gonna be good because we got T.O. We don't even have anything to look forward to other then dick isn't our coach, and our best player (Fred Jackson) half the league hasn't even heard of.

J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK

If that's true, I kind of wish we went for that.

Right. And our 5th is obviously higher than the Jets. It's not like the Steelers really cared about where Holmes wanted to go either (ala the whole McNabb situation). Bad move by the Steelers, I believe they could've fetched much more than a late 5th rounder for a young, fast, solid reciever. A so so #1 receiver, a superb #2 WR.

The Jets thinking is probably this: Braylon Edwards ia okay, but he thinks he's worth a lot more than he actually is. Probably won't resign him, so let's take a chance on a talented receiver like Holmes. If he proves himself this year, we'll look to extend him. If not, oh well we parted with a 5th this year and we have better personnel than last year when we were 1 game away from the SuperBowl.

Well, the Jets are getting ready for the Draft. They get a good one!

Steelers ship Santonio to the Jets

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2010 11:24 PM ET

What a strange weekend it has been for Santonio Holmes.

Yesterday, we reported that Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the substance abuse policy. Tonight, we're told that the Steelers have traded Holmes to the New York Jets.

More to come.

Ahhh...the uncapped year and the all-star teams...

Both receivers got to their 70+ catch mark in their 4th year. Both left after their 4th year. Both are/have going to have a lesser QB throwing to them.

The jets aren't gonna all the sudden start airing it out after they were as nasty as they were on the ground last year, and with a QB who didn't prove anything besides that he's good at handing it off. He was basically dead last in attempts and percentage completed. What makes this scary for Bills fans?

The only thing they did was rob the steelers. If you think Holmes last long in NY/Is productive as he was in Pittsburgh then I think you're gonna be very mistaken.