UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For you draft gooroos where do you think he will go? I still think in the second might be a reach... I am not a huge Tebow fan but i feel in the third or forth round why not... he can compete and after a year or so he can be groomed for the NFL... But do you guys think he will fall to the forth... I think he needs a good line in front of him and God knows we dont have one but if we pick up a few Olinemen this draft instead of a QB (even though I think we really need one) he might do good one our team... Thoghts... Pretty much I am asking if there is a chance to just wait till the forth round and get him there.

For you draft gooroos where do you think he will go? I still think in the second might be a reach... I am not a huge Tebow fan but i feel in the third or forth round why not... he can compete and after a year or so he can be groomed for the NFL... But do you guys think he will fall to the forth... I think he needs a good line in front of him and God knows we dont have one but if we pick up a few Olinemen this draft instead of a QB (even though I think we really need one) he might do good one our team... Thoghts... Pretty much I am asking if there is a chance to just wait till the forth round and get him there.

i think his stock is rising quite rapidly and i think he will not last until round 2. as how it relates to the bills, if they arent sandbagging, they appear to have a genuine interest in him, so much so, that i heard a few pundits say they could see them taking him with the 9th pick!, not sure how i feel about that.

I just find it funny how players can rise and fall when a single down of football hasn't been played in months. Some people have too much time on their hands.

I think the Pats or Colts could take a chance on him at the bottomo of the 1st because they have the luxury to do so. Mostly likely, he will go in the 2nd with a team like the Jags trying to trade up for him. I love Tebow in college but have major questions about his abilities in the pros. That said, if he is our 2nd round pick, i could accept it because i really want the guy to prove people wrong.

What do the following people have in common:

SAM BRADFORD

TIM TEBOW

TROY SMITH

MATT LEINERT

JASON WHITE

CARSON PALMER

ERIC CROUCH

CHRIS WEINKE

DANNY WUERFFEL

CHARLIE WARD

GINO TORRETTA

TY DETMER

ANDRE WARE

VINNY TESTEVERDE

DOUG FLUTIE

They are all of the QB's that have won the Heisman since 1980 - 3 of which have had decent careers (Flutie, Testeverde and Palmer). The rest have done nothing or have yet to do anything. Tebow is an athlete yes, but he is a project player. His delivery is slow. If you were to draft a person such as Tebow, you need to build an offense around him - hiding his weaknesses and playing on his strengths. He is not someone who fits in a cookie cutter NFL offense. My thought is unless the Bills take him in round 2, he slips to late in the 3rd, early 4th.

i think his stock is rising quite rapidly and i think he will not last until round 2. as how it relates to the bills, if they arent sandbagging, they appear to have a genuine interest in him, so much so, that i heard a few pundits say they could see them taking him with the 9th pick!, not sure how i feel about that.

I will prob puke a little if we draft him at 9... even if we trade way dont i would still be pretty upset.

CARSON PALMER

They are all of the QB's that have won the Heisman since 1980 - 3 of which have had decent careers (Flutie, Testeverde and Palmer). The rest have done nothing or have yet to do anything. Tebow is an athlete yes, but he is a project player. His delivery is slow. If you were to draft a person such as Tebow, you need to build an offense around him - hiding his weaknesses and playing on his strengths. He is not someone who fits in a cookie cutter NFL offense. My thought is unless the Bills take him in round 2, he slips to late in the 3rd, early 4th.

Knock Palmer off your list. I'll cut him slack for the 1st play busting of his knee in his initial playoff game in '05. And having an archidiot OC his entire career. He stunk this year against NYJ - twice - 2 losses, and an exit to their 2nd playoff game with him at the helm.

I've watched his entire career. He is extremely predictable. Going into his 8th year - he led his club to two playoff losses. Huge contract. Fades at the end of his seasons.

He's a nice guy..but a losing NFL qb.

Knock Palmer off your list. I'll cut him slack for the 1st play busting of his knee in his initial playoff game in '05. And having an archidiot OC his entire career. He stunk this year against NYJ - twice - 2 losses, and an exit to their 2nd playoff game with him at the helm.

I've watched his entire career. He is extremely predictable. Going into his 8th year - he led his club to two playoff losses. Huge contract. Fades at the end of his seasons.

I think Flutie should be scratched off the list also. Sure he had a nice career in the CFL, but his NFL career never went anywhere. If he wouldn't have been pulled in favor on Johnson in the playoffs who knows what might have been.

It's a team game. The QB doesn't lose games. I also didn't realize that he lost a playoff game to the Steelers given that played about 3 plays. In fact, in that game he completed the one pass he threw, and it went for 66 yards.

It's a team game. The QB doesn't lose games. I also didn't realize that he lost a playoff game to the Steelers given that played about 3 plays. In fact, in that game he completed the one pass he threw, and it went for 66 yards.

I know it's a team game. :unsure:

Review his career. If BUF wants to buy him and fork over the guaranteed $19M still due to him, in addition to the yearly cash, they are welcome. Just make sure that your wrs can leap high and work with him for a solid year or so to get the timing down, that he requires.

SAM BRADFORD

TIM TEBOW

TROY SMITH

MATT LEINERT

JASON WHITE

CARSON PALMER

ERIC CROUCH

CHRIS WEINKE

DANNY WUERFFEL

CHARLIE WARD

GINO TORRETTA

TY DETMER

ANDRE WARE

VINNY TESTEVERDE

DOUG FLUTIE

Well...I'm really not going to jump all over Charlie Ward for "not doing anything in the NFL".

That's like saying John Elway really didn't do anything in the Yankees organization. It's true but its not the point.

I just find it funny how players can rise and fall when a single down of football hasn't been played in months. Some people have too much time on their hands.

I think the Pats or Colts could take a chance on him at the bottomo of the 1st because they have the luxury to do so. Mostly likely, he will go in the 2nd with a team like the Jags trying to trade up for him. I love Tebow in college but have major questions about his abilities in the pros. That said, if he is our 2nd round pick, i could accept it because i really want the guy to prove people wrong.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about this.....I hate the time from the end of the college season to the draft because of the "rise and fall" of players

Bottom line....you can either play or you cant.....you have to take into account all factors (strength of schedule, the players around someone, etc etc) and you can evaluate the heck out of game film.....but to move someone from a 3rd rounder to a first rounder because of the combine....or while nothing is going on is ludicrous

You know damn well that Tebow is not going to last through the second round. You are just trying to convince people not to take him in round 2 because you really don't want him at all. Who are you trying to kid?

I see him being gone before we pick in the second round

Absolutely spot on. I guarantee it. Tebow falls somewhere between 28-36.

As for Jim Kelly being the best Bill of all-time, sorry, this title belongs to Bruce Smith.

Absolutely spot on. I guarantee it. Tebow falls somewhere between 28-36.

As for Jim Kelly being the best Bill of all-time, sorry, this title belongs to Bruce Smith.

Could be right about Tebow. Absolutely right about Bruce.

The whole discussion of "reaching" is stupid and just fluff to pass the time in the off season. Who cares where a player is drafted if he's good? Jairus Byrd was the 4th DB take in the draft but he wound up being a pro bowler in his rookie year. But if the Bills drafted him at #11, that would have been a "reach". Meanwhile Aaron Maybin was considered a top 15 pick and has done jack squat. If a player is going to help your team, draft him. Don't f**kin' worry about whether some talking head grades the pick a reach.

PTR