UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

Laying it on kinda thick.

if this topic hadnt been relegated to one thread, beerball wouldve been banned by now for campaigning. unfortunately, the mods gave him his own padded play room to take over and shut down any real discussion, and since it's only one thread, they dont seem to care. its all good though i guess...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Gruden on ESPN this morning went 1 on 1 with tebow, not only in the film room, but on the field. Said he has made tremendous improvements in a short period, and was "impressed" by him. Altho it was also after he criticized him in the film room.

I hope we all get a chance to watch Gruden thursday night on ESPN at 7pm, bc he sits down with tebow, mccoy, clausen, bradford, and more Qb's i hope. Its enlightening to watch him disect them in the film room.

Furthermore, if Gruden's a Tebow supporter, so am i. Go get him buddy

Gruden isn't exactly a good QB guy. Him and Allen juggled QBs every season having trouble finding a franchise QB. I like gruden as a coach and I like him more as a commentator, but his only real franchise QB was Brad Johnson who was really just good enough not to lose with everyone else around him being amazing. I think the Bucs went through QBs faster than us.

Gruden isn't exactly a good QB guy. Him and Allen juggled QBs every season having trouble finding a franchise QB. I like gruden as a coach and I like him more as a commentator, but his only real franchise QB was Brad Johnson who was really just good enough not to lose with everyone else around him being amazing. I think the Bucs went through QBs faster than us.

I could not disagree more. I think Gruden got more out of quarterbacks than many other coaches did. Rich Gannon did squat untill he had Gruden. Chris Simms only decent season came under Gruden in '05.

True. After all, Gruden brought Buffalo favorite Rob Johnson to Tampa.

if this topic hadnt been relegated to one thread, beerball wouldve been banned by now for campaigning. unfortunately, the mods gave him his own padded play room to take over and shut down any real discussion, and since it's only one thread, they dont seem to care. its all good though i guess...

I'm not campaigning and the only special treatment that I get is riding the short bus.

Plus Gruden doesn't get fired if he's wrong about Tebow.

PTR

I could not disagree more. I think Gruden got more out of quarterbacks than many other coaches did. Rich Gannon did squat untill he had Gruden. Chris Simms only decent season came under Gruden in '05.

Yeah, he got a lot out of QBs. But actually picking them? Him and Allen juggled QBs every year looking for a good one. One season there were 5 different QBs that started. Some due to injury, some due to suckage. I don't question gruden's coaching, I question his personel/scouting choices. His QBs he picks are usually below average. His best QB was Garcia toward the end of his career.

Yeah, he got a lot out of QBs. But actually picking them? Him and Allen juggled QBs every year looking for a good one. One season there were 5 different QBs that started. Some due to injury, some due to suckage. I don't question gruden's coaching, I question his personel/scouting choices. His QBs he picks are usually below average. His best QB was Garcia toward the end of his career.

He's at the very least better than we are at evaluating quarterbacks.

John Gruden on ESPN this morning went 1 on 1 with tebow, not only in the film room, but on the field. Said he has made tremendous improvements in a short period, and was "impressed" by him. Altho it was also after he criticized him in the film room.

I hope we all get a chance to watch Gruden thursday night on ESPN at 7pm, bc he sits down with tebow, mccoy, clausen, bradford, and more Qb's i hope. Its enlightening to watch him disect them in the film room.

Furthermore, if Gruden's a Tebow supporter, so am i. Go get him buddy

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5080617

I'm sold.

Everything he has worked on looks very good, IMO. :(

He is a solid kid. A hard worker. Willing learner. ALL ABOUT THE TEAM!

There is nothing to NOT like about this kid.

I just hope to God that Bill Belichik and New England do not get him. :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

http://lennyfromindy.mywnde.com/files/2009...sweepstakes.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8kh9ioLxHkk/SWfh...bow-christ2.jpg

http://images.quickblogcast.com/2/6/2/7/4/...ater%5B1%5D.png

Looked pretty good from what we saw in the video.

Go figure, a kid who actually WANTS to improve his game. I like his dedication to success.

He did look good on the video. That's different than looking good with a pass rush coming

while trying to read a defense from one side of the field to the other. Not saying he won't,

but all of the QB's look good in sweats right now.

I would say most of the guys playing want to improve their game and work hard at doing so.

They just don't get followed around with cameras like Tebow. Imagine if nobody followed him

around constantly you wouldn't know anything about his work ethic for certain. But you

could solidly assume he's a worker because he's been successful and he's about to get

drafted.

He did look good on the video. That's different than looking good with a pass rush coming

while trying to read a defense from one side of the field to the other. Not saying he won't,

but all of the QB's look good in sweats right now.

I would say most of the guys playing want to improve their game and work hard at doing so.

They just don't get followed around with cameras like Tebow. Imagine if nobody followed him

around constantly you wouldn't know anything about his work ethic for certain. But you

could solidly assume he's a worker because he's been successful and he's about to get

drafted.

There's a reason he's being followed around by a camera more than others, or so I assume...

Jon Gruden's problem is he tends to over think the offense, to many offensive plays, and to much info for the QB absorb. His best offense is when he dials it down for a new QB, then once they are in his system awhile he bogs them down with to many plays.

He wants his QB's to be as smart as he is and learn that foot thick playbook cover to cover and be able to run any play in it, JMT

Tim Tebow is might turn out to be a decent QB, I just think he is a slower version of Vince Young / Michael Vick

Looked pretty good from what we saw in the video.

Go figure, a kid who actually WANTS to improve his game. I like his dedication to success.

It's not that hard to hope he's successful, that's for sure.

+1 :ph34r:

With all the moves our AFC East counter-parts are making, we need the one and only Tim Tebow to save the day!!!! He walks on water, can part the Red Sea, and talks to God directly!!!!! Help us Tim Tebow, you're our only hope!!!!