Bills line up meeting with C.J. Spiller

bobcat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a need position, but this kid is gonna be special. He has it all. Size, speed, and can catch. I'm sure the Bills are lining up an interview just in case Spiller falls to the 2nd round. He's too good to pass up there.

I think that they are doing their due-dilligence on all the players that they could consider at 9. He will not be

around in the 2nd unless there is some medical issue/injury or drug issue that hasn't yet come out.

I disagree that RB is "not a need" for the Bills. Yes, Fred Jackson had a special season, but he is about 30, when

many RBs fall off a cliff and the Bills may also be trying to move Marshawn Lynch.

I do agree that there are bigger needs for this team than RB, but let's say that the only LT candidate available at 9

is Anthony Davis (concerns about work ethic), QB Bradford is gone and they either don't like Clausen or he

is gone and both Suh and McCoy are gone. I'd say they should be prepared to look at other positions including

RB and LB. In this scenario, Spiller could be the best player available or maybe LB Sergio Kindle or a board-favorite

like Rolando McClain.

I'd be disappointed if they WEREN'T looking at all the top players coming out, regardless of position.

lynch for a 3rd, trade down a few spots and take him. the guy is a homerun hitter. still need a left tackle though

you are kidding yourself if you think Lynch will bring a 3rd in return

Spiller is going to be a damn good NFL player...but dear God, not for us. We have a lot of problems on this team but running back is not our top priority.

O-Line! O-Line! O-Line!

QB! QB! QB!

Red Endzones! Red Endzones! Red Endzones.

Sorry...spazzed out a bit for a second there.

Add in DL and new uniforms and we have a SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

PS I dont think Spiller will be the home run threat being advertised. His career will be closer to Bushs than C. Johnsons I think. Hopefully he gets his touches in the return game because thats where he will make his money. We dont need more help there.

If the 49ers want to move up to get him, perhaps Nix is considering trading down and picking up extra picks in the process?

Bills trade #9 to 49er's to grab Spiller. Bills receive #17 and second round pick. Let's do it.

If Gailey and Nix are as good as their past records indicate, maybe we can grab three reliable starters with the extra pick.

Bills trade #9 to 49er's to grab Spiller. Bills receive #17 and second round pick. Let's do it.

If Gailey and Nix are as good as their past records indicate, maybe we can grab three reliable starters with the extra pick.

I would welcome that scenerio... :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me. It's a little further back, but Houston could be willing to give up a lot to get a guy like Spiller as well. They're currently sitting at #20 and would have to leapfrog quite a bit.

Sounds good to me. It's a little further back, but Houston could be willing to give up a lot to get a guy like Spiller as well. They're currently sitting at #20 and would have to leapfrog quite a bit.

I also like how this scenario puts a sub 4.3 40 RB in the NFC west... about as far away from us as possible in the NFL.

Why not interview him? It sends out a smokescreen (how effective? probably not very) so a team who wants a LT won't be so quick to trade in front of us and Spiller may become a FA or available for trade down the road so it wouldn't be a bad idea to meet with him now.

Maybe very effective. How predictable have the Bills been in any of our previous drafts? Not.

Spiller is going to be a damn good NFL player...but dear God, not for us. We have a lot of problems on this team but running back is not our top priority.

O-Line! O-Line! O-Line!

QB! QB! QB!

Red Endzones! Red Endzones! Red Endzones.

Sorry...spazzed out a bit for a second there.

Why not interview him? It sends out a smokescreen (how effective? probably not very) so a team who wants a LT won't be so quick to trade in front of us and Spiller may become a FA or available for trade down the road so it wouldn't be a bad idea to meet with him now.

That is a really good thought! :thumbsup:

I think this would be my top scenario. Picking at 17 seems a better fit considering the guys we will be targeting. There are always top 10-15 prospected picks that drop on draft day. Maybe the cards will fall perfectly for us???

If all of the good OTs are taken, I will have 0 problem with us taking CJ Spiller.

Even if Dan Williams is available? Al Davis was stocked at RB last year and took McFadden, what good did that do him? IMO, a team should have two very good RB's and one backup quality one. A team has to prioritize which positions to stock up on. If Spiller is available and just before their pick they are able to trade Marshawn then I'd have no problem with picking him up. IMO, RB's have to get a certain number of carries a game and having three RB's to rotate is too many.

If they move Marshawn for a 3rd then I can see them taking CJ in the second.

Bulaga

CJ Spiller

Tebow (not advocating but it could happen)

Oline

Huh? There is no way CJ makes it out of top 15, why are people on here talking about taking him in the second. He may even go top 10.

Thats like speculating McClain falling to the second. The top RB prospect will not last until the 2nd round

Spiller is going to be an all star running back. The guy is incredibly athletic and very quick (maybe not Chris Johnson fast, but he will make people miss).

Now, if you keep Lynch, it will be tough to justify acquiring him. And the Bills will be hazed in the press for drafting him when they have holes at LT, RT, NT, WR and LB.

But contrary to popular belief, I think the Bills are the most unknown commodity out there in terms of who they will draft. The only thing I am sure of, is that whoever Buddy Nix drafts, the player will have a proven track record in college. That is why I think Davis gets ruled out immediately. I think Campbell (if he fell to the Bills) can possibly be ruled out as well, since he is essentially the Aaron Maybin of the OT draft class. He has only started for 1 1/2 years. There is a lot to like, but Maryland is a weak program in a mediocre football conference (at least IMO, the ACC has been weak in recent years).

If Bulaga is on the board, I think he is the choice. But if not, I'm convinced the team could go in a number of different directions. Dan Williams fits the bill of having extensive collegiate success and experience. So does McClain. So does Spiller. So does Dez Bryant. None of those names would strike me as a big surprise. With our main hole being at LT, I don't see Williams being a choice. So, in short, I have no idea what the Bills will do at 9. I just know that the guy will not be a one year wonder.

Even if Dan Williams is available? Al Davis was stocked at RB last year and took McFadden, what good did that do him? IMO, a team should have two very good RB's and one backup quality one. A team has to prioritize which positions to stock up on. If Spiller is available and just before their pick they are able to trade Marshawn then I'd have no problem with picking him up. IMO, RB's have to get a certain number of carries a game and having three RB's to rotate is too many.

I'd be comfortable with Williams too...I'm just saying I wouldn't have a problem with Spiller, bc quite frankly, he might be the best player available at 9.