Snowmaggeddon

/dev/null

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forecasting 3-6 inches of snow here (Virginia Beach) for tomorrow.

Major winter storm :huh:

I just got back from the store. The store was packed and the shelves were emptied

It's Snowmaggeddon :D

:huh:

Was michael bay in the store buying stuff??

Major winter storm :huh:

I just got back from the store. The store was packed and the shelves were emptied

It's Snowmaggeddon :D

:huh:

:bag:

I remember several years ago, when I lived on Long Island (sheesh, that might have been 10 or more years ago), I went to a supermarket and was shocked by what I saw. The place was JAMMED. I have never seen a grocery store half that busy. The lines for the register went most of the way down the grocery isles. Most had their carts completely packed: gallons of water, multiple packages of toilet paper, etc.

Needless to say, I abandoned any hope of shopping there, but inquired on the way out, "What in hell is going on here?"

The response was, "Didn't you hear? It's going to snow!" Now, this is on Long Island where snow is not all that uncommon. I can just imagine what it's like where you are.

Major winter storm :thumbsup:

It's Snowmaggeddon :beer:

:angry:

Passed through the 'Nooga yesterday. A real sh*tstorm with snow, sleet, rain and ice. I think I may have moved too far north from Jax, Fl...

Southern WV has received 6- 8 inches of snow.

S'posed to continue all day, so I'll gas up the snowblower.

and yes the stores were jammed last night

as peeps load up on eggs, bread and milk.

I guess they will cook a bunch of French Toast.

There's at least eight inches of snow on the ground here in northern Arkansas where I live. This one began exactly one year to the day after we got hit with the worst ice storm I've ever seen. Thankfully, there wasn't any freezing rain with this one, so no prolonged power outages this time.

We got about 2" of snow in Fayetteville, NC last night. Just north of us, in the RDU area, they got a few more inches. The problem though is that we're basically having a steady does of freezing rain/sleet throughout the day with temps dropping into the mid 20's. We'll have plenty of ice by the time this is over.

As for people panicking, its a vicious cycle. A bunch of idiots make a run on the stores, leaving nothing for us hearty folk, thus forcing us to join in on the rush. Friggin stay off the roads people!

this really blows...i was supposed to leave for King of Prussia today....figured it would be less stressful to just go tomorrow after this all stops....

11 so far just south of Richmond. Still snowing moderately here. This is our second 10 inch plus storm this year. I'm not sure we've had twenty inches of snow the last 10 years combined.

11 so far just south of Richmond. Still snowing moderately here. This is our second 10 inch plus storm this year. I'm not sure we've had twenty inches of snow the last 10 years combined.

I under estimated this one, 10" and still coming down. Not too shabby for these parts.

So i am just back from the Richmond game, and a couple of funny things

1) Must have pushed 6 people out , my kids kept saying "are we helping again". Couple I had to get in the car and drive

2) We pushed one dude three times, the guy just never learned. We would push him out, he would spped off way to fast, get stuck again 1 minle down the road.

3) The snow is at 13 inches outside my door, but may have drifted a bit.

4) Grocery store was empty and well stocked at 10 this morning..they said there were wiped out of a lot of things last night.

5) Rick Majeaus is really fat now(coach for Richmonds opponet,) plus they gave two free tickets to everyone there for another game as a way to say thank you to all 500 of us there :)

6) God I miss the snow

:) At least you have your priorities straight.

Just following the Mayors advice...

As Mayor, Griffin was sometimes known for his outspoken personality. During the Blizzard of 1985, he recommended to Buffalo residents "go home, buy a six pack of beer, and watch a good football game. This earned him the nickname "Six Pack Jimmy."