Snowmaggeddon

/dev/null

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the plows are being removed from the roads because it is too windy in the area. Sustained winds of 20 and gusts to 40 makes it unsafe for snow plows?????? WTF.

Maybe we need to send some NYSDOT drivers down there to show the amateurs how it is done.

More stupidity:

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/local/...coverage/51802/

Blizzard conditions are slowing rescue crews. Officials say if your home or business catches fire, get out, go someplace safe and dial 911.

Seems folks don't want to go out in the cold if their house catches on fire. local news have been reminding folks to get out. WTF is wrong with people. Go to your neighbors, etc.... What are you going to do stay there and burn???

More stupidity:

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/local/...coverage/51802/

Seems folks don't want to go out in the cold if their house catches on fire. local news have been reminding folks to get out. WTF is wrong with people. Go to your neighbors, etc.... What are you going to do stay there and burn???

Just trying to keep warm!!!!! ;)

I just got off the phone with my SIL in central NJ - yikes! Freezing rain and sleet this AM, now the winds are howling hard and NOAA predicts an additional 16 to 22 inches of snow. Her power has been flickering on and off.

It's not pleasant here right now. Friggin snow plows keep plugging my driveway back up.

So i am actually in mid town Manhattan during this mess. Always wanted to be in the Big Apple during a snowstorm. Had a great walk in Central Park about 2 PM today..just awesome.Stop in a and had a few and a local watering hole as well.Back for a quick shower and about to head out for cocktails and dinner. Hope I can get home Friday, but being in the City sure makes a snowstorm a lot more fun if you be the social type and ain't afraid of walking a bit

It's not pleasant here right now. Friggin snow plows keep plugging my driveway back up.

[/quote

So what's this I hear from a Buffalo weather guy, The East Coasters will get ANOTHER 12 inches of snow this weekend from another storm. Well that sucks. I could be making a killing$$$ as a molecular repositioner!

I always say when somebody gives you grapefruits, make grape juice.

It's kind of chic as a Buffalonian to rip the people here in MD/DC/VA about snowfall...BUT, this is epic. Let me tell you. I'm here in MD (suburban DC) right now and the wind is whipping like a MoFo. We got like another 15" today and the drifting is insane,,,,every bit as any major Buffalo blizzard. The last storm dumped 33" on us but the wind never materialized, this is worse. Much more severe than the video you see on TV. Can't imagine how they will clear this much snow from the past week??

Jeeze, what's going on there?

Here in SW OH, we've had several blasts over the past 2 days, that dumped much more than usual snow for us, but it was spaced so that it was more an irritant that a problem. We had blast of strong winds early this afternoon. I re-cleared my drive and walk around 11 AM. This wind came along and pulled off the remains and left me with bare pavement where I had worked. It didn't melt - it sublimed and the moisture headed east.

I'm beginning to think that there's some Nor'easter - type thing going on also - dunno.

Here in Philly, Nutter has asked businesses to remain closed within city limits so they can get to clearing the roads. I have yet to see a plow drive by my house today and we live on one of the busier roads. They closed down 3 of the 4 major roadways (I-76, I-476, and I-276 but kept I-95 open) and people have still been driving on them, unsuccessfully. From what I have been told, these closed roadways are littered with cars that couldn't get through the mess and had to be abandoned.

I just got done shoveling for the 3rd time, and unfortunately, I have no other place to put the snow from my driveway. I have already created a 10 foot snowpile for snow from my driveway, but I can't pile any more snow on there because it won't stay put. If I try to put it anywhere else, it would be on my neighbors property or I would be burying a car that is parked on the street.

Not sure how I am going to get to work tomorrow, especially when I am expecting several roads that I use to travel to not have been plowed.