Defensive Sully Fires Back At Nix

BillsPhan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the comments about the Rooney Rule to be irrelevant. Fewell interviewed for the job as agreed when he took the interim position. To say afterwards that this was only to sneak by is insulting. Sometimes the simple answer is more likely to be the truth. The Bills organization made an agreement with Fewell and followed through. Not all that complicated. With this in place any further minority interviews would be unnecessary under the Rooney Rule, so classing later interview as such sounds to me like someone just putting down the Bills and shouldn't be taken seriously. Hell, they promoted Fewell to interim HC; they could have promoted Bobby April... I think it is an unreasonable stretch to make the interviews sound racially motivated.

I've got to say that the last several years have been unbelievably depressing, and that many decisions from Bills management make me crazy, but............... How about getting pissed off at what really has happened, rather than stretching facts to validate assumptions. God, the crap I read. There is one hell of a lot of irrational crap out there. The 80% crap Nix mentioned could easily have been found here on any given day.

This is not a hit on Chan Gailey. It is about Buddy Nix. I have no problem what Nix tells the media. They are all big boys and should be able to figure things out. And we all know they can make things tough, justifiable or not. They are out to sell papers. However what Buddy needs to learn is that when he speaks to the media he is also speaking to the fans. And Bills fans are tired of having some GM or other front office honcho get in front of a mike and tell us have truths. Donahoe did it, Brandon did it and now Nix is doing it. Telling us he had 15 calls a day some of which would "blow our minds" and not telling us who is an insult to our intelligence.This is the fan base that has to buy tickets not the media that gets to cover the games for free. Buddy. Start being honest.

Let's hope he goes to a 3-4 and helps the Bills distance themselves from Dick Jauron's obsession with undersized defenders, which brought us John McCargo and Aaron Maybin, among others.

Sully is an idiot. It not the 4-3 that breeds undersized defenders it is Dick Jauron. If this idiot had any football knowledge he would know that. Hes an idiot at best and its a shame to have a Boston C*&K sucker writing for this town.

In time, I suspect Gailey will prove to be out of his depth as a head coach in today's NFL. I give him, oh, a 20 percent chance of succeeding.

But if nothing else, it'll be amusing, and make some good stories.

A 20% chance would be close to a 3-12-1 record. I dont think your smart enough to think of that logic. Instead you decided to make a funny comment based on %'s that Nix came out with that he was most likely throwing a number out there and you took it as fact like the Bills organization did the math to find the exact numbers.

Go back to Boston if you dont like the town you tool.

I hope you read this and it bothers you for the rest of your horrible life.

Face it Sully is 100% right. Do any of u fools believe anything that gimp organization says?

Prove it... Prove that Sully is 100% right. That's what Sully was asking Nix to do. Prove the figure that you just threw out there.

By his own admission, Sully states in his article that nobody has proved that Rivera and the likes DIDN'T turn down their offers for interviews. The same logic would imply that nobody has come out and stated that they DID turn down their offers to interview. Sully has thrown out and unsubstantiated story and asked for somebody to prove him wrong. That's the problem with modern "journalism".

stop reading his articles. His entire career is based off being retarded and people being shocked that a legitimate newspaper would post the writing of a retard.

They don't care *WHY* you read his articles, just that you do and then generate three page threads on them. This is what keeps him employed.

BTW, it's utter BS that a "columnist" doesn't need to research and use facts. Those are what make a columnist legitimate and not a message board poster.

Sullivan laughs and tells us he's just another Buffalo Bills puppet lying to the intelligent fans. I say I even if Nix was lying about everything he said yesterday, he was just reacting in kind to today's "reporters." I say, good for Buddy. It's nice to see someone from the Bills' organization actually standing up for it for a change!

Seems to me the denizens of this board are the defensive one's. Sullivan is clearly articulating what the Bill's as an organization are doing - and what many of us said they would do to the fans. You keep watching the team with those rose colored glases on, sipping your KoolAid and telling yourself it will all work out. We will be doing this same dance 3 years from now if Ralph is still the owner.

Sullivan makes a simple, irrefutable point---the Bills only had 3 meaningful interviews for HC and GM--total. The guys who declined to be interviewed for HC...........declined to be interviewed.

Your totally off topic and irrrelevant reference to Tiger Woods does not change any of this.

Rant on.

Sully's prevailing theme is that the Bills are a mediocre organization headed by an inept owner. The Bills have not made the playoffs for ten consecutive years in a system designed for parity. Over the past decade the Bills' record ranked them 29 out of 32 teams. In my view Sullivan is simply stating the obvious about the pathetic state of affairs of this very dismal organization. Why get upset with the messenger?

Sully's response:

So now the Bills are supposed to go out an solicit quotes from guys who never interviewed? Ron Rivera is supposed to come out and say "The Bills never asked."? Why on Earth would any candidate ever do that? Sullivan doesn't have a phone? Sullivan can't say "I personally spoke to xxx xxxxx and he told me he declined an interview."?

Sullivan appears ill equipped to do his own job and he is projecting his complete lack of professionalism onto the Bills.

That doesn't mean the Bills are always right or Sullivan is always wrong. It simply appears to suggest that Sullivan is lazy and wants all his work done for him.

Hey carayonz, are you o.k.? You've been making some serious, well thought out posts lately without your usual (and greatly appreciated) satirical irony. This post pegs Sullivan perfectly. He's a lazy journalist that reaches for the low hanging fruit every time. Especially when he gets b*tch-slapped like he did yesterday by a 70 year old GM who knows how to play the game.

Sully will be pulling his hair out by the end of the draft. Nix won't give him the time of day.

GO BILLS!!!

I really don't see how Sullivan got "destroyed" by Nix during the press conference yesterday. Nix's response was ambiguous, at best. Sullivan was simply given the run-around by an organization that takes more care in keeping secrets than it does in evaluating talent.

The people who hate on Sullivan remind me of the Sabres fans that boo players like Zdeno Chara. They don't necessarily have any reason to do it, but like Pavlov's dog, they salivate at the opportunity.

Sully's prevailing theme is that the Bills are a mediocre organization headed by an inept owner. The Bills have not made the playoffs for ten consecutive years in a system designed for parity. Over the past decade the Bills' record ranked them 29 out of 32 teams. In my view Sullivan is simply stating the obvious about the pathetic state of affairs of this very dismal organization. Why get upset with the messenger?

I don't disagree with any of that. But Sully's not a messenger -- he sits back in his easy chair and takes pot shots. He offers no credible solutions, and doesn't even really seek the truth. He has no knowledge of the inner workings at One Bills Drive but writes opinions as if he's an insider.

Sully has a position that gives him the opportunity to ask legitimate questions of those in charge, and instead of doing so he takes it personally that Nix said the media fabricates stories? Grow up, man (Sully, not you).

Hey carayonz, are you o.k.? You've been making some serious, well thought out posts lately without your usual (and greatly appreciated) satirical irony. This post pegs Sullivan perfectly. He's a lazy journalist that reaches for the low hanging fruit every time. Especially when he gets b*tch-slapped like he did yesterday by a 70 year old GM who knows how to play the game.

I was just about to post the same thing.

Who is this new crayonz and what happened to the old one?

The Buffalo News needs to let Sully move on in, he clearly has an issue with the Bills organization. He states repeatedly that it is very difficult for him to even watch the team and he is not a fan. While a reporter should be objective, Sully crosses the line to slanting everything negative.

His ego is clearly getting the best of him, he had to make himself the story yesterday as opposes to reporting it. He has been mailing it in for years, the only time you could tell he enjoyed writing was when the story was about him breaking 100.

Please bring someone in new or promote someone who is hungry and wants the job.

I think his issue is The Bills have sucked for 10 years. I'm a lot more optimistic than most fans but there's not been much positive to write about this team in the last decade.

As a kid, Sully was probably one to throw a tantrum if he didn't get his way. It's so easy to take jabs from behind a desk as a newspaper writer, but what the hell does Sully know about football?! Nothing! I totally trust in Buddy Nix's knowledge of the game and of personnel -- both players and coaches. The Bills probably interviewed many more coaching candidates than were made public, so that is a credit to how Nix went about matters. He did exactly what he said he would do. Will Sully apologize when he is proven wrong? Somehow, I can't see that. He can be petty and will probably continue to take jabs in both good times and bad. I hope I'm wrong and that Sully would change his tune if Nix/Gainly right the ship, but that remains to be seen.

Sullivan makes a simple, irrefutable point---the Bills only had 3 meaningful interviews for HC and GM--total. The guys who declined to be interviewed for HC...........declined to be interviewed.

Your totally off topic and irrrelevant reference to Tiger Woods does not change any of this.

Rant on.

Actiually Sully is wrong. The Bills had a 8-hour meeting with Mike Shanahan two months ago....I would call a 8-hour meeting as an interview... Plus, there definitely was a secret meeting with Bill Cowher.

Buddy Nix hired exactly the kind of coach he said he was looking for. He pointed out that the media in the last two weeks had no clue what he was up to, and if you look over what they reported, he's right.

I don't know how to put this but Jerry Sullivan is kind of a big deal. People know him. He's very important. He has many leather-bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.