Defensive Sully Fires Back At Nix

BillsPhan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Face it Sully is 100% right. Do any of u fools believe anything that gimp organization says?

More so than i believe sullivans lil B whiny schoolgirl act? The Bills FO is laughable but this guys articles cry like the kid who got picked last in gym class.

Sullivans schtick is to write articles he knows that joe six pack in cheektovegas will read and say well dat der jerry is right! while at the same time knowing nothing about football.

sully asked nix to name names/sources on the false rumors of who turned down interviews.......Nix deflected, said "you would have to ask them"........sully pressed for names....Nix looked sully square in the eye and cracked "I thought that's the way we play this game" ........priceless.

sully was put in his place and he didn't like it. now he comes out swinging hiding behind "It was a kick in the teeth of the NFL media, most of whom are hard-working, credible people."......i mean seriously, Buddy says 80% of the reporting on the bills coaching search was false rumors and Jerry takes issue with that ??.....he would of preferred 50%??......dumb to pick a fight over that.

Sully's response:

Funny, but we haven't heard a single report from any of those coaches suggesting that the media fabricated the Bills' interest in them.

So now the Bills are supposed to go out an solicit quotes from guys who never interviewed? Ron Rivera is supposed to come out and say "The Bills never asked."? Why on Earth would any candidate ever do that? Sullivan doesn't have a phone? Sullivan can't say "I personally spoke to xxx xxxxx and he told me he declined an interview."?

Sullivan appears ill equipped to do his own job and he is projecting his complete lack of professionalism onto the Bills.

That doesn't mean the Bills are always right or Sullivan is always wrong. It simply appears to suggest that Sullivan is lazy and wants all his work done for him.

Jerry Sullivan is not a reporter, he's a columnist, which means he offers his opinions on situations, not just objective facts. That's his job, and as long as it sells papers, he's doing his job of creating a debate for and against his opinions. It's an opinion maker's job to elicit an emotional response. So as some of the post reflect, he's done his job. He's not there to be a Bills cheerleader.

Jerry Sullivan is not a reporter, he's a columnist, which means he offers his opinions on situations, not just objective facts. That's his job, and as long as it sells papers, he's doing his job of creating a debate for and against his opinions. It's an opinion maker's job to elicit an emotional response. So as some of the post reflect, he's done his job. He's not there to be a Bills cheerleader.

Agreed ... and in this case he happens to be a lot more than 80% correct himself, albeit in somewhat whiny fashion.

Gailey may be the right hire, but there are obvious questions about a process that ended up how it did after the Bills organization itself fed high expectation.

Same exact scenario with WGR. Ratings are not made by making nice with the Bills organization,

ratings are made by causing "debate". My biggest problem with Sullivan and WGR is they don't do

a very good job backing up their claims, ESPECIALLY those tools at WGR.

The fact is, not one person outside of Nix, Ralphie and maybe Brandon, have ANY idea what really

happened in the coaching search. I don't care who has "sources" or not.

Same exact scenario with WGR. Ratings are not made by making nice with the Bills organization,

ratings are made by causing "debate". My biggest problem with Sullivan and WGR is they don't do

a very good job backing up their claims, ESPECIALLY those tools at WGR.

The fact is, not one person outside of Nix, Ralphie and maybe Brandon, have ANY idea what really

happened in the coaching search. I don't care who has "sources" or not.

Difficult to read your post while I stare at your avatar.

Face it Sully is 100% right. Do any of u fools believe anything that gimp organization says?

This is true.

The burden of truth is on the organization at this point. They have given us crap for over 10 years.... along with a lot of bull crap.

We wanted a earth shattering shake up within the organization. The Bills pulled off as little as they calculated they could get away with.

I heard Steve Tasker on Tony Bruno's show in the first hour on January 14th of this year and he was insistent upon the Bills being a 'top shelf' nfl organization and that Ralph Wilson really takes care of his employees. I really don't know where all of this angst about the Bills come from. I would post a link to the Tasker interview but unfortunately you have to listen to the whole hour as he is at the end of the hour, and the link doesn't allow you to fast forward, and i doubt people would really want to listen to the whole thing....but I would trust someone that has actually worked for the organization rather than a reporter who's job it is to report about an organization.......but that's just the skeptic in me

It's not surprising Tasker would defend the Bills. He's a good guy, loyal, and has worked for the Bills in various capacities through the years.

Still, the proof is in the pudding. Ralph is cheap and petty where it counts the most, and the Bills suffer for it.

I've come around and I'm actually a Sullivan fan now. He's not bashing the Bills because he has an axe to grind, he's bashing because it's so frickin' easy to do and it's the right thing to do when an organization runs around as clueless as they've been now for so long. Sully is performing a frickin' public service in calling out the Bills for the schitty organization they are and most likely always will be as long as Ralph calls the shots.

Nix? Don't really know much about him and and don't really care if he's an ornery old cuss willing to take on the press for everyone's amusement. All I want is to see him bring in talent football players. If he does that he can B word at Jerry et al during press conferences wearing a pink tutu for all I care.

I don't think they are selling papers and he lives off his past, his columns are the same garbage, I'm sure he will be writing a story about his friend at the bar who is the eternal optimist.

He has a large ego and interjects himself into the story, no need to take Nix at that moment other than to feed his ego

Do columnists get to instruct the staff of an NFL team?

Prove to me that Rivera/ABC/XYZ did not turn down an interview. I am columnist Jerry Sullivan dammit. Being a columnist means I do no work so you must do it for me.

Sad thing is that the Bills' losing ways have provided plenty of fodder for the likes of Sullivan. With a new coach and expected personnel overhaul, this coming season does not promise to be a winning one either allowing Sullivan about 1.5 years to beat up on Nix. So one way or the other Sully is in a good position for the near term.