Eagles will listen to offers for Mcnabb

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those r examples..but we have drafted a few poor ones-as have others. and there is a pick we cant use on line and LB help

Gerhart????????????????

I hope no one on this board would seriously consider Gerhart as an NFL RB. He had a fine college season, but he is not a RB in the NFL. Maybe a FB, not even sure about that. Way too slow

as much as i dont like the little punks off the field activities--we still need Lynch.Cant put the whole burden on a 29 yr old RB.Why create a problem in one of the few positions we dont have one?

+1

As irritating as his off field activities may seem, it would be foolish to give him up.

I would insist that he comes to camp 10-15 lbs lighter and in shape. He will be an asset for years to come.

I would still draft another RB to be on the safe side.

As long as we have stuck with other players that are mediocre or injured every year and never live up to their full potential. Why would we give away someone that has delivered from day one, made the pro bowl but had one bad year?

We should be ready to pay whatever it takes for McNabb (we paid 6mil. for TO) or make an offer for Vick. I can't watch the most anemic offense in NFL anymore - let's get a proven quantity at QB even if the cost is huge. Watching the playoffs today there isn't 1 team in the playoffs that doesn't have a top-shelf QB except Flacco - and only 3 pts. last night

Disagree about Lynch. His contract is almost up and teams would rather draft a RB. How does Edwards suck here but would be a great backup in Philly?

Lynch has two cheap years left

edwards working with Reid , would make a fine backup

Exactly, and I'd give him one. Maybe 5 years? expecting he'll never see the last few years of the deal. But, a "McNabb" immediately ends all the Qb problem here. It allows us to concentrate on the line and other areas of concern. All the while you get a young , promising QB, whether it be Brohm or a draft pick, and give him a couple years of grooming with no pressure to take over.

This is esstentially what the Packers did, the Cowboys did, the Dolphins did, the Cardinals are attempting. And, IMO, allows for a much better chance of near and future success than drafting a guy and hoping to get lucky, ala the Steelers, Raven, Falcons.

I agree

I know that McNabb has put up much better stats than anyone playing for the Bills in a long time, but I have a very hard time getting excited about signing him. Maybe living in Philly for the past 6 years and watching him come up small in big games has done it, or maybe I have just been influenced the consistent drumbeat of negativity about him, but I can't shake the feeling he would be more like Vince Ferragamo than Drew Bledsoe.... a range of choices which shows how low the expectations for signing veteran QBs has been for the Bills.

I hope no one on this board would seriously consider Gerhart as an NFL RB. He had a fine college season, but he is not a RB in the NFL. Maybe a FB, not even sure about that. Way too slow

i was questioning gerhart suggestion from the previous post.

that being said if a guy can dominate in college he is at least gonna be decent in the pros.

We aren't at the point where you rent a QB and have a shot at the Superbowl. We aren't good on either side of the line up scrimmage, QB, WR or LB. Instead of trading for a declining QB, we should blow this team up and start over

Taking the scenerio to the next level lets look at the teams who would be in the Market for his sevices

Nfc

washington - no way they trade him there

minny - if farve leaves, but would the eagles send him there

st louis - more of a disaster then here, but still they need a qb

s.f - They are getting close and Mcnabb could push them into the playoffs

Carolina - matt moore ? will see

Seattle - they have money and fresh start

afc

Miami- Looks like the are committed to Henne

Cleveland -

Raiders - they owe Russell a fortune

Denver - Then orton become available

I think if Farve stays

San fran , Seattle , Cleveland and Buffalo would be the teams

Taking the scenerio to the next level lets look at the teams who would be in the Market for his sevices

Nfc

washington - no way they trade him there

minny - if farve leaves, but would the eagles send him there

st louis - more of a disaster then here, but still they need a qb

s.f - They are getting close and Mcnabb could push them into the playoffs

Carolina - matt moore ? will see

Seattle - they have money and fresh start

afc

Miami- Looks like the are committed to Henne

Cleveland -

Raiders - they owe Russell a fortune

Denver - Then orton become available

I think if Farve stays

San fran , Seattle , Cleveland and Buffalo would be the teams

I disagree with your list completely somewhat. Seattle is in complete rebuilding mode, there's no reason to get McNabb. San Francisco is a young team that isn't quite playoff ready - not exactly a QB away from a super bowl; plus, Alex Smith is finally starting to show some promise. St. Louis is also rebuilding and needs a lot more than just a quarterback. Minny is definitely a possiblity if Favre retires but that won't be determined until probably training camp and McNabb will have landed somewhere by then (since he is due a $6M~ish bonus on 5/5/10). Carolina? Maybe, but I don't see Fox bringing in McNabb down there. There's no chance of them trading him to Washington, you're right. Miami won't stunt Henne's growth if they're committed to him, the Raiders are just about done with JaMarcus (only Al is clinging to him); I think Gradkowski starts the '10 season for them at QB. Denver? No chance. Cleveland has a million holes besides QB. My guess would be Minny or Buffalo, with Arizona as a dark horse should Warner retire (depends on the organization's view on Leinart). Carolina's also a possibility, but I doubt it. Maybe San Fran, it's possible I suppose.

I disagree with your list completely. Seattle is in complete rebuilding mode, there's no reason to get McNabb. San Francisco is a young team that isn't quite playoff ready - not exactly a QB away from a super bowl; plus, Alex Smith is finally starting to show some promise. St. Louis is also rebuilding and needs a lot more than just a quarterback. Minny is definitely a possiblity if Favre retires but that won't be determined until probably training camp and McNabb will have landed somewhere by then (since he is due a $6M~ish bonus on 5/5/10). Carolina? Maybe, but I don't see Fox bringing in McNabb down there. There's no chance of them trading him to Washington, you're right. Miami won't stunt Henne's growth if they're committed to him, the Raiders are just about done with JaMarcus (only Al is clinging to him); I think Gradkowski starts the '10 season for them at QB. Denver? No chance. Cleveland has a million holes besides QB. My guess would be Minny or Buffalo, with Arizona as a dark horse should Warner retire (depends on the organization's view on Leinart). Carolina's also a possibility, but I doubt it.

You didn't disagree with much, all I said was S.f is close to being a playoff team and McNabb could make a difference. Seattle has a lot of money to spend and a new coach who will want to make a splash . That said I wrote this to show that it is not that far fetched that is he is available he could very easily end up in Buffalo

You didn't disagree with much, all I said was S.f is close to being a playoff team and McNabb could make a difference. Seattle has a lot of money to spend and a new coach who will want to make a splash . That said I wrote this to show that it is not that far fetched that is he is available he could very easily end up in Buffalo

Good point. Fixed!

Bring McNabbb home (...kinda...the closest he'll come anyways to getting back to Syracuse)

McNabb is from Chicago. I don't think geographic location is going to play into him wanting to come here.

I think a team with McNabb, Vick, and Kolb definitely can lose a quarterback and still have a solid future.

I think now would be a good time to make a run at Kolb. None of their QB's have multiple years left. Where if they dealt now, they would be guaranteed something in return. I think they view Vick as more than a bargaining tool. Why not offer them TE and 5th rounder with room to up it to a 4th.

You gotta get off the Kolb thing. It isn't even a pipe dream. The Eagles want to move on from McNabb in favor of Kolb, just like the Packers wanted to move on from Favre in favor of Rodgers, just like the Niners wanted to move on from Montana with Young. The Eagles are not trading Kolb except maybe in people's dreams.

McNabb is no longer an "elite talent" because of his age. You know what you are going to get with him, you just don't know for how much longer you will get that. Donte and Lynch are still young and have some upside still left.

Upside? This hypothetical trade seems more to me like a semi-has been for two semi-never wases.

Lynch is good trade bait, but how would they like that? Westbrook is getting old and had a lot of injuries this year. We also have Donte and Trent if they want a backup for Kolb. And don't forget picks in the draft...

Lynch isn't good trade bait. Do you really think that all the talent evaluators in the league don't know what Bills fans know? It will take draft picks to get McNabb - I don't see anybody taking Lynch off our hands. An average back for 1st round money usually isn't what teams are looking for.

Believe it or not, Donte isn't as awful as you think, Lynch isn't as awful as you think, and Trent never had an o-line/coach here, someone would take a shot on him.

I would offer our first round pick along with Lynch and Stroud to St. Louis for the top pick and take Ndamkong Suh. If we could then make another trade with our second round pick to get back into the mid to late first and get Terrance Cody or Dan LeFevour, that would be great. I am not concerned with getting Donavan McNabb

Shift Hardy to the slot where he no longer has to beat one of the other team's top 2 CBs and I think he could do well in tandem with the 6'5" Nelson, who can either be slot or TE. If we go 4 WR, I think that plays to Fred Jackson's strengths.

Donovan McNabb's $6.2 million offseason roster bonus is due on May 5.

Conveniently right after the NFL Draft. McNabb, 33, will be the subject of trade rumors all spring after Kevin Kolb showed in 2009 that he is capable of playing at a high level and has a full grasp of the offense. 2010 is also the last year on McNabb's contract. The Eagles will likely listen to all offers.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Offer a third, go as high as a second.

Give them Whitner and Edwards.

I would do it for a swap of 1st round picks and Trent Edwards.

That 9th overall pick is just waay too valuable......with Nix in charge we are going to get a impact player there

The only way I trade out of that pick is to move down just a small amount of slots and pick up an additional 2nd rounder......we need a OT in the worst way.....then we need LB help in the worst way

Can people seriously stop trying to trade Marshawn Lynch already? He's a 23 year old, extremely talented RB. He had a bad year, yes, but that's not a reason to trade talent. Everyone on this board bitches when we let someone go. This should be a no-brainer, people! Fred Jackson will be 29 next season. 30 is generally when RB's die. Look at LT this season - he was horrific. SD had the 31st ranked rushing attack in the NFL. Freddy could be just one or two years removed from that. Why create another hole? We have some pretty big ones at some pretty important positions already.

Can people seriously stop trying to trade Marshawn Lynch already? He's a 23 year old, extremely talented RB. He had a bad year, yes, but that's not a reason to trade talent. Everyone on this board bitches when we let someone go. This should be a no-brainer, people! Fred Jackson will be 29 next season. 30 is generally when RB's die. Look at LT this season - he was horrific. SD had the 31st ranked rushing attack in the NFL. Freddy could be just one or two years removed from that. Why create another hole? We have some pretty big ones at some pretty important positions already.

I agree with you about Lynch's talent level- and that we shouldn't trade him for McNabb. He could be on the trading block if it will help bring a good OL or DL here. We should make every current player available in trade that will help bring in draft picks. This team is rotten from top to bottom and needs to be blown up

I agree with you about Lynch's talent level- and that we shouldn't trade him for McNabb.

I'm glad you regained your common sense after your "Kaeding for HOF" comment earlier. :thumbsup:

We should make every current player available in trade that will help bring in draft picks. This team is rotten from top to bottom and needs to be blown up

Well, that doesn't make too much sense now does it. You're going to trade proven talent for draft picks? I assume the draft picks will be used to bring in unproven talent? See where I'm going with this one??

How much good is he going to do you, sitting on the sidelines in street clothes because he can't stop stealing money from women, smoking dope in his car which is loaded with guns in the trunk, running over women because he is drunk...

..."see where I'm going with this?"

For a guy who supposedly isn't worth your time, you sure do spend a lot of it tracking down my comments and responding to them with an antagonistic tone.

It's pretty rare that a player gets to that level of insubordination. Pacman Jones and Michael Vick aside, I don't think we're quite there. Lynch is a talent, we're a team short on it, and he's signed relatively cheap through 2012. Keep him and address other areas of need.

For a guy who supposedly isn't worth your time, you sure do spend a lot of it tracking down my comments and responding to them with an antagonistic tone.

It's pretty rare that a player gets to that level of insubordination. Pacman Jones and Michael Vick aside, I don't think we're quite there. Lynch is a talent, we're a team short on it, and he's signed relatively cheap through 2012. Keep him and address other areas of need.

I look at it this way, if you can get a top ten qb , with 3 or 4 years left for a running back and a third round pick, I am thinkg you have to do it . Jackson will be fine for 2 years and you can grab running backs in the draft mid round picks often pan out . Look no further then the jets.

adding Mcnabb and a drafting the best left tackle you can get your hands on , and even if that means trading up makes this team a lot better.

the more I think about it, I think we should send Marshawn and a 3rd to Philly for Mcnabb

RB's can be gotten easy. McNabb has something left.

T.O , McNabb, Jackson, Evans would be hard to stop.

But I don't ever think it would happen.

Exactly, so why would Philly trade for Lynch?