Marshawn Lynch steals 20$

Kingfish

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He takes the $20 out of her hand, and my wife says "What are you doing?' and Lynch says "Don't worry.' When my wife's girlfriend came back to the table, she told her about it. The girlfriend approached Lynch and said, "Give my friend her money back,' and Lynch threatened her saying "Do you know who I am? There's going to be consequences.'

You bet there are Marshawn.

Very strange/ridiculous story... I can't help but think there is more to it... who knew TGI Fridays at McKinnley mall could be such a dangerous place... Willis McGahee will probably getting a chuckle out of this...

You mean like weed and booze?

:w00t:

This is hilarious. Sure, anyone would be scared if Lynch threatened you with consequences but this whole thing does smack of a lil' BS. I mean the other day, Lynch took a quarter outta my hand and put it into a parking meter. You don't see me waiting till he's outta town and complaining to the nearest meter maid.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/917050.html

Can we get rid of this guy now, please?

Well, there better be a video of it or something. Otherwise, you must consider the possibility that it is just a couple of people trying to make a name for themselves and/or take advantage of an athlete with a questionable background. Unfortunately for Lynch, this is what happens when you screw up -- you lose the benefit of the doubt. In any event, I'm not inclined to lean one way or the other. Let the police investigate and see what they come up with.

this says just as much about the culture of WNY than it does about lynch......anyone making a complaint about something gets dealt with this way - no harm no foul, here's your money back - from the authorities!!!!!.........that entire hamburg police department should be fired; i'm sure they made that woman feel like the victim for even reporting this......

and yes, get rid of lynch; although his trade value has gone down considerably after this story; only team that might take him would be the 2007 bengals

This is hilarious. Sure, anyone would be scared if Lynch threatened you with consequences but this whole thing does smack of a lil' BS. I mean the other day, Lynch took a quarter outta my hand and put it into a parking meter. You don't see me waiting till he's outta town and complaining to the nearest meter maid.

"Consequences"? I don't think is a word in Marshawn's vocabulary.

Funny so many of you believe this. Sounds like BS to me.

It is an extremely odd story.

In NYS, robbery can be summed up as forcible taking of property. The force can either be used or threatened, but a threat would have to be immediate. In other words, if a person says, "give me your money or I will stab you next week," this wouldn't constitute a robbery (it would be a grand larceny by extortion).

The fact that a police sergeant would miss this indicates that something else is going on. This, and the fact that everybody is SO scared of Lynch, that they wouldn't give their statement to detectives. I don't relate to the mentality of a police officer being so frightened. Afraid of who? Marshawn Lynch? You call him up and tell him to come in and surrender. If he refuses, you take a bunch of people and go get him. How hard is that? Also, who filed the report? Was it the victim or her husband?

None of us know what happened but just for fun, I am guessing that we have a sort of domestic issue in this instance. It makes sense but again, who knows.

Btw, even given the above, I hold with those in favor of dumping this a-hole. He is just not worth the drama. Lynch and Whitner are simply Levy/Jauron draft busts who come with mucho drama and not enough production. i guess the difference is that Lynch might have had a chance to be a very good player, but they are both so-so and they need to take their overpaid asses the hell out of Buffalo.

Best part of this is that it took place at TGI Fridays. Didn't McGahee say Applebee's and TGI Fridays were the only hangouts in Buffalo?

And Dave & Busters. Although this video focuses more on Applebees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes

Also, this statement bothers me...

Mark S. Carney, an attorney representing Crawford and his wife, who live in Orchard Park, raised concerns over how the $20 was returned. "In what other robbery case would you expect a police agency to be used as a delivery service to make restitution for payment of money wrongfully taken?" Carney said.

Has this so called attorney never heard of a Civil Department?

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/917050.html

Can we get rid of this guy now, please?

But, I thought Marv only picked guys of high moral character. This guy is a ghetto scumbag who will be out of the NFL in another year of two. Immensely talented, but a thug who will find himself dead or in jail before he hits 40. If I were Nix, I would bring in a decent free agent RB and let Lynch go for a conditional pick....

i dont know. this thing sounds rediculous. I dont doubt it happened, but i think the girls probably blew this thing way out of proportion. lynch probably thought it was a big joke, and was going to pay for their meal with that 20 or something like that. But the girls took off running before lynch could finish whatever the hell he wanted to. so did the girls do a dine n' dash? sounds like they took off. marshawn probably paid the bill with that 20 after they were gone. anyways.....he's a terrible RB and a complete thug down to the core, id trade him for a 4th rounder.

i do know. if it was me, and someone grabbed MY money out of MY hand, and i was not friends with that person, we'd be throwin' down if it wasn't returned on first demand. doesn't matter if the person is the size of roscoe parrish, or bruce smith. point is they would never, ever, eeevvveeerrrr try that on me again.

as far as the buffalo police officer, i doubt he'd file a report and put his job at risk if this isn't the way it went down.

nys can revoke his police officer certification for false statement.

certain people, not just athletes, feel they can do what ever they want.

and from what i know, not from what i hear or read, lynch is definitely one of those poeple.

Funny so many of you believe this. Sounds like BS to me.

It doesn't sound like BS completely. It sounds like Lynch was hitting on this dude's wife and doing it all wrong. The guy is jealous and mad at his wife. He is also taking it too far.

Very strange/ridiculous story... I can't help but think there is more to it... who knew TGI Fridays at McKinnley mall could be such a dangerous place... Willis McGahee will probably getting a chuckle out of this...

Bad judgement at best... definitely a weird story...I wonder what other player was with him

Who knows what happened with this, but the sad truth is, this guy has to go. Supposedly when he was drafted out of Cal his stock had dropped due to "questionable character" and that was a point hotly debated on this board as to what had happened in his past and whether this claim was valid. However, all he's done since being here, is have one episode after another. He's always suspended, in court, being sued, on probation, etc. There's always an explanation or a "but..." behind it, but to me it's just not worth it at this point. Maybe he's being set up on this one, maybe there's more to it, but in my mind it's just another distraction and enough is enough.