Browns keep Mangini

Another card falls in our favor. Has there ever been a case where so many variables outside of the Bills' control have fallen into place the way we would want? Look at the coaching decisions made by the Bucs, Browns, Panthers, Texans, Titans, Bears, Seahawks (I think)...

It's almost like, fate.

That's it, with this news Cowher pretty much knows that it comes down to the Bills or CBS. I'm pretty sure he was hoping that Mangini would get canned so that the Browns would pursue Fox opening up Carolina.

I'd say that our chances of attaining Cowher just went up.

Another card falls in our favor. Has there ever been a case where so many variables outside of the Bills' control have fallen into place the way we would want? Look at the coaching decisions made by the Bucs, Browns, Panthers, Texans, Titans, Bears, Seahawks (I think)...

It's almost like, fate.

It does seem like every door that opens up for Cowherb gets slammed shut pretty quick. I half expect CBS to lose their contract with the NFL tomorrow.

That's it, with this news Cowher pretty much knows that it comes down to the Bills or CBS. I'm pretty sure he was hoping that Mangini would get canned so that the Browns would pursue Fox opening up Carolina.

I'd say that our chances of attaining Cowher just went up.

With our luck, the chance that CBS will be keeping Cowher just went up.

Does Wade get whacked if the Cowboys lose? That's the only scenario I see that Cowher might be willing to wait for. Of course, that would mean butting heads with Jerr-UH every day. Jimmy Johnson couldn't do it. Switzer, Wade ... guys have been yes-men.

BTW, Jason Garrett has fallen off the map, hasn't he??

According to previous reports, the Panthers wouldn't have hired Cowher anyway. So really nothing has changed except for the Browns making the monumental mistake of keeping Mangini.

Absolutely.

We think that people complain here on The Wall. Imagine what is happening on Cleveland Browns' message boards right now.

Absolutely.

We think that people complain here on The Wall. Imagine what is happening on Cleveland Browns' message boards right now.

They've got to be out of their minds right now!!

So if Cowher does decide to stay on TV, how likely is it that it just means that Holmgren is letting Mangini stay to ensure yet another great draft pick after next year, AND bringing Cowher in after he cans Mangini? Hmmm ...

Probably most interesting thing about this news is that just a day ago, every one of the talking heads on ESPN and NFL Network said Mangini would be fired. Now, they're all saying they're "shocked" by thiss news.

So, if they were all so wrong about this and didn't see it coming, is there a chance they're just as wrong about the Bills and Cowher?

They've got to be out of their minds right now!!

So if Cowher does decide to stay on TV, how likely is it that it just means that Holmgren is letting Mangini stay to ensure yet another great draft pick after next year, AND bringing Cowher in after he cans Mangini? Hmmm ...

The reason given for the Panthers not wanting to hire Cowher is that there is a very real possibility of a lockout in 2011. If Cowher doesn't coach this year, he might not be back until 2012, and that will have been a 5-year absence.

Absolutely.

They are actually quite happy. Why wouldn't they be? Mangini has done a strong job with the players he'd had to work with.

Probably most interesting thing about this news is that just a day ago, every one of the talking heads on ESPN and NFL Network said Mangini would be fired. Now, they're all saying they're "shocked" by thiss news.

So, if they were all so wrong about this and didn't see it coming, is there a chance they're just as wrong about the Bills and Cowher?

Basically, as I said before, no one knows anything. People are so concerned with breaking news first, that they don't bother checking to make sure it's correct.

Does Wade get whacked if the Cowboys lose? That's the only scenario I see that Cowher might be willing to wait for. Of course, that would mean butting heads with Jerr-UH every day. Jimmy Johnson couldn't do it. Switzer, Wade ... guys have been yes-men.

BTW, Jason Garrett has fallen off the map, hasn't he??

that is a legitimate concern....and the ONLY thing that could make me root for Dallas... :D

Mangini and the entire Browns staff will return.

Just saw this on ESPN, per Schefter.

EDIT: linky

So the egotistical Man-"genius" stays. Holmgren is the President, and now he's going to hire a GM too. Wow. Randy Lerners' adminsitration payroll will be quite a chunk. Of course, I'm not sure how Holmgren will co-exist with a GM working under him. It makes me wonder why Lerner paid Holmgren all that money. Same deal in Washington. Bruce Allen is the GM, Shanny's the coach, yet Shanny gets "final say" in all personell matters? Sounds like a recipe for a lot of yelling and screaming if you ask me.

Of course it doesn' appear that our own Buddy Nix will be revelling in his own power himself. Oh well, at least he'll be able to describe out draft choices with flare in April, anyway!

Bad call by keeping Mangina. They could've had Fox. Belichick hasn't developed many good head coaches, has he?

it makes sense to me.

i think holmgren/mangini is a good combination. better than holmgren/fox. mangini is a talented guy who will benefit from workinmg under a proven success like holmgren.

According to previous reports, the Panthers wouldn't have hired Cowher anyway. So really nothing has changed except for the Browns making the monumental mistake of keeping Mangini.

Yeah, ok.......the Browns are much worse than they were at the start of the season. Mangini has done a GREAT job of cleaning up Romeo Crennel's undisciplined mess, and has gotten rid of losers like Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr., who have done very little in NY and Tampa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4805274

The Scenario was John Fox would take a buyout to be the Cleveland HC. Then Cowher would go to Carolina. Well with this latest breaking development, Cleveland and I have to believe Carolina are off the table.

Now here is what I THINK will happen. Cowher will go back to CBS and allow John Fox's Contract to expire at the end of 2010 and take over the Panters. Again just my opinion but that is how I see it going.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4805274

The Scenario was John Fox would take a buyout to be the Cleveland HC. Then Cowher would go to Carolina. Well with this latest breaking development, Cleveland and I have to believe Carolina are off the table.

Now here is what I THINK will happen. Cowher will go back to CBS and allow John Fox's Contract to expire at the end of 2010 and take over the Panters. Again just my opinion but that is how I see it going.

This is like the 10th time this week you have posted your opinions that could have very well fit into a reply into another thread thats talking about the same thing. Do you have make your every thought a thread?

This is like the 10th time this week you have posted your opinions that could have very well fit into a reply into another thread thats talking about the same thing. Do you have make your every thought a thread?

New article just hitting ESPN and I posted it. Don't like it or what I post? Tough ****, don't read my posts. Pretty damn simple concept.

Fo' real

I don't think that Darth really had the proper response up there, but I think he was right in posting this. I didn't know about this and I read a few other threads.....This certainly is a new, imo, big development in this saga........I was really worried that Mangini was going to be a big domino to fall here.

Absolutely.

It would be like the Bills hiring Holmgren and he retains Jauron "for continuity's sake"

PTR