Dick Jauron photoshopped out of team photo?

joshfitz

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blow up the picture and look at #47 left leg. Looks like its chopped off right below the knee.

Can't tell if he tucked his leg back under the bench, or if something has been removed.

Didn't you know Cary Harris is an amputee? Great story there...

Looking through the various press releases, apparently this picture was taken on Friday, 9/11. The players in the picture are everyone who was on the roster or practice squad on that date. The captains have their logos on their uniforms; those were announced on 9/11. They are wearing the road throwbacks, which they wore in New England on Monday 9/14. I'm guessing the picture was taken on Friday, because lots of the administrative types in the back row typically wouldn't be there on a weekend.

I'm guessing Byrd missed the picture, so they pasted him over Dick. Look how Brandon, Ralph, and Bryd are a little further forward in that row, compared to the rest of the players. Still haven't figured out where that right arm came from. Possibly Dwayne Wright or Cory McIntyre from a different photo.

I noticed Byrd's right arm as well.

Does anybody else have the 1986 team photo? On that one, they pasted Marv's head onto Hank Bullough's body.

I have it in a box somewhere. That one wasn't photoshopped (not invented yet). It was cut out and pasted in. It was in the program. Marv started coaching in the 5th game that year. I spotted it because Marv's head had a very very small halo of blue sky around it.

The Byrd Arm thing is an illusion, not a photo edit. You are seeing the combination of his arm and Florences arm. They may have edited DJ out for sure but let's not get carried away here, lol (Oh wait this is TBD)

Ya Jarius Byrd's one arm is way smaller than the other. Ralph looks photoshopped in place of Jauron.
Upon further review, this appears to be the case. Bryd and Florence's arms are blended together, creating the illusion of one very large arm. Ralph is "coincidentally" :thumbsup: wearing the exact same clothes that Jauron wore for the MNF game on 9/14. So in the end, all they did was paste Ralph's head onto Dick's body.

By golly that makes sense. Ralph would not normally be in the "team" photo would he? I think we have a winner. Very simple they put Ralph's head on Jauron's body.

Ya Jarius Byrd's one arm is way smaller than the other. Ralph looks photoshopped in place of Jauron.

By golly that makes sense. Ralph would not normally be in the "team" photo would he? I think we have a winner. Very simple they put Ralph's head on Jauron's body.

Actually, on the flip side of this flyer is a team photo from the '60's where Ralph is missing. In the credits he is mentioned as "not pictured" so I would assume he is normally in the team photos.

It's certainly possible he was missing here, too. It would just seem odd to have Jauron and Brandon slightly offset from center like they are.

The only thing that's going to settle this is the original photo. Someone in this forum HAS to have a copy somewhere. The Bills had to have used that photo for something other than a random flyer late in the season...

Also, if you look carefully, the grass next to #24 is not quite right. It's clear that Byrd WAS next to McGee when the photo was taken. He had to be in that row based on his sitting position and the pixels are all messed up next to #24.

Seeing as how they're all positioned in number order, isn't it logical to assume that the morphed Jairus Byrd part is from a player wearing # 30?

You can tell exactly where the "splice" is. Most of the player's right side (left, from the front view), including the "3", is leftover fromt he previous subject. The left side of the torso (our right) is all Jairus Byrd.

My Dear Watson, logic says is could only be from a # 30 - the only number in the 30's before Byrd's own 31.

Was 30 Xavier's number? Maybe FB who's since been cut?

Hmmmm. The plot thickens. Shirley, somebody must have a program or team picture from earlier in the season.

The last Bills player I remember wearing #30 was Ko Millions, er, Simpson. But he was traded before the final roster was set, wasn't he?

Looking through the various press releases, apparently this picture was taken on Friday, 9/11. The players in the picture are everyone who was on the roster or practice squad on that date. The captains have their logos on their uniforms; those were announced on 9/11. They are wearing the road throwbacks, which they wore in New England on Monday 9/14. I'm guessing the picture was taken on Friday, because lots of the administrative types in the back row typically wouldn't be there on a weekend.

With all the carnage and injuries to this team, it makes sense that the photo was taken on 9/11.

BTW, without a doubt the biggest challenge to the photo editor was the outstanding job he did making Fitzy's head look normal sized.

Also, if you look carefully, the grass next to #24 is not quite right. It's clear that Byrd WAS next to McGee when the photo was taken. He had to be in that row based on his sitting position and the pixels are all messed up next to #24.

And 24's right shoulder stripes are exactly the same as 25's . Someone was there covering up 24's shoulder so they grabbed it from 25.

I think it's pretty clear by now that this thread has proven three things...

1. That we as Bills fans have WAY too much free time on our hands;

2. That we as Bills fans have too little actual football to talk about; and,

3. That we as Bills fans are VERY easily entertained.

;)

And 24's right shoulder stripes are exactly the same as 25's . Someone was there covering up 24's shoulder so they grabbed it from 25.

Whoa. Great catch. This is turning into one of those "Spot the Differences" bar games...

I'd go even further and say that the bodies of 24 & 25 are identical with the exception of the 4/5 on the jersey and 25's arms being lighter. The left hands are identical except for color. The shadows of their heads are identical, as are the '2' of their jerseys.

I wonder if the photoshopper in question will be fired for this shoddy work, or if it will take three straight years of 7 positive results out of each 16 tries (7-9 if you will) before a move is made. After all it is hard to photoshop in the NFL and (s)he probably does great photoshop in practice.

I agree the grass doesn't look right (and even the sideline isn't straight) but lets keep in mind this is a scan of a print not the original digital work so lets not get wrapped up in pixels.

If you look between Steve Johnson's and Fitz's elbows, you can see what appears to be the pant leg/cuff of a pair of khaki's.

I'm surprised Beerball didn't catch this, but it appears Derek Fine is holding a bag of candy corns in the photo AND Pozluszny has a pack of smokes rolled up in his sleeve. ;)

I agree the grass doesn't look right (and even the sideline isn't straight) but lets keep in mind this is a scan of a print not the original digital work so lets not get wrapped up in pixels.

In the original flyer, the grass doesn't have that white "sheen" on it on the left. That's probably a little glare from the scanner.

The sideline, however, is clearly messed up. But it's so obvious, I just assumed they were doing work on the sideline that day... ;)

Blow up the picture and look at #47 left leg. Looks like its chopped off right below the knee.

Can't tell if he tucked his leg back under the bench, or if something has been removed.

Looks like to me that Mcgee actually started out in this photo sitting next to Lynch, and in front of #47, hiding his lower leg.

What I think happened is that Jauron was sitting next to Ralph, and when they tool Jauron out, they needed to maintain the symmetry, so the shifted the original second row over 1 spot to our right, and tacked on Mcgee to the end. That would also explain why Mcgee's body and Lankster's are the same.

Everyone on that side in that row has something funky going on with them, like 26 and 28 have the same 6 fingered hand, 27 and 28 are missing legs (hand is resting on nothing)

My favorite is 54 is missing a hand.

Can't believe they bothered doing this, and to that extend...so poorly

If you look between Steve Johnson's and Fitz's elbows, you can see what appears to be the pant leg/cuff of a pair of khaki's.

I'm surprised Beerball didn't catch this, but it appears Derek Fine is holding a bag of candy corns in the photo AND Pozluszny has a pack of smokes rolled up in his sleeve. :censored:

Derek is anything but fine and Poz needs a freakin hair cut. Who's he think he is, Sampson?

You keep bringing up candy corn and somebody's gonna take a 5 iron right upside your head. Capiche?

Derek is anything but fine and Poz needs a freakin hair cut. Who's he think he is, Sampson?

You keep bringing up candy corn and somebody's gonna take a 5 iron right upside your head. Capiche?

Believe me pardner, if I can find a bag of candy corn in the sale bin at Walgreens this weekend, THAT'S exactly what you are getting for Christmas this year. :censored:

After seeing Mrs Nike take a club to that caddy (not Steve Williams unfortunately), I put my clubs in our attic and gave the ladder to friend to hold onto, should I ever draw the ire of Mrs. Bullpen.