Dick Jauron photoshopped out of team photo?

joshfitz

A friend of mine just returned from the Bills - Miami game and showed me this flyer he got, featuring a huge photo of the 2009 Buffalo Bills.

2009 Buffalo Bills

We were joking about how we should cross off all the players that ended up waived or on IR, so I started to comb through the players in the photo and noticed that Dick Jauron wasn't there. That's weird. Don't they take these team photos at the beginning of the year? There's no way they got everyone together AGAIN just because Dick was released. Or would they?

Then we slowly pieced together more and more evidence leading us to believe this photo has been altered:

1. Xavier Oman (#44) is in the photo. He was waived on 11/11. Jauron wasn't fired until 11/17. This photo couldn't have been taken after his firing.

2. Ralph and Brandon seem to be a little off-center. It seems that the logical place for Dick to be standing is right next to Ralph, where the three would be perfectly centered in the photo.

3. Who is in that spot? Jairus Byrd. And he seems larger than normal. In the photo he looks slightly taller than #29 next to him (Drayton Florence). Except Byrd is listed at 5' 10" and Florence is 6' 0". See a zoomed-in photo

4. Take a look at #29's right ear. He seems to have some extra pixel's... either that, or Kawika Mitchell has a seriously weird forearm.

Conclusion: The players were digitally shifted over to cover up Jauron's image.

Not a big deal, but we thought it was amusing. If only we could erase his legacy so easily... :thumbsup:

Here's the super-high-res version if you want to try to find more evidence.

EDIT - Scanned a better version of the flyer:

2009 Buffalo Bills (better scan)

2009 Buffalo Bills HI RES 4 MB (better scan)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, Roscoe is tiny.

And what is on Stevie Johnson's face? Is that just a blemish on the photo? It looks like he is hooked up to an oxygen tank.

Haha... well, this is a scanned photo of the original flyer. I think that's just a wrinkle in the paper.

It likely was pieced together, i.e. Photoshopped. It appears that Ralph's shadowing is different from everyone else, too.

FWIW, Byrd appears to be slightly in front of Florence, which might cause the apparent hgt disparity, as well; it does look like he was pieced in.

Ralph: "Do it now."

Photographer: "Uh, Mr. Jauron, can you come up here for the a second."

Dick: "Why?"

Photographer: "Umm, I want your input on the photo, ya know, to see if it's good."

Dick gets up and walks behind the camera. Ralph and Ross shift over.

Dick: "OK, where's the photo?"

Photographer: "Just hold down that circular button for two seconds."

CLICK.

A friend of mine just returned from the Bills - Miami game and showed me this flyer he got, featuring a huge photo of the 2009 Buffalo Bills.

2009 Buffalo Bills

We were joking about how we should cross off all the players that ended up waived or on IR, so I started to comb through the players in the photo and noticed that Dick Jauron wasn't there. That's weird. Don't they take these team photos at the beginning of the year? There's no way they got everyone together AGAIN just because Dick was released. Or would they?

Then we slowly pieced together more and more evidence leading us to believe this photo has been altered:

1. Xavier Oman (#44) is in the photo. He was waived on 11/11. Jauron wasn't fired until 11/17. This photo couldn't have been taken after his firing.

2. Ralph and Brandon seem to be a little off-center. It seems that the logical place for Dick to be standing is right next to Ralph, where the three would be perfectly centered in the photo.

3. Who is in that spot? Jairus Byrd. And he seems larger than normal. In the photo he looks slightly taller than #29 next to him (Drayton Florence). Except Byrd is listed at 5' 10" and Florence is 6' 0". See a zoomed-in photo

4. Take a look at #29's right ear. He seems to have some extra pixel's... either that, or Kawika Mitchell has a seriously weird forearm.

Not a big deal, but we thought it was amusing. If only we could erase his legacy so easily... :thumbsup:

Excellent detective work, but I think the real answer is much simpler. They picked the guy with the smallest balls to take the picture.

:thumbsup:

YO...wtf is that?? I didn't notice it the first time.

It's like when you'd take the arms off an action figure and put them on a different guy.

Seeing as how they're all positioned in number order, isn't it logical to assume that the morphed Jairus Byrd part is from a player wearing # 30?

You can tell exactly where the "splice" is. Most of the player's right side (left, from the front view), including the "3", is leftover fromt he previous subject. The left side of the torso (our right) is all Jairus Byrd.

My Dear Watson, logic says is could only be from a # 30 - the only number in the 30's before Byrd's own 31.

Was 30 Xavier's number? Maybe FB who's since been cut?

Hmmmm. The plot thickens. Shirley, somebody must have a program or team picture from earlier in the season.

2009 Buffalo Bills

Check out #31's left arm vs right arm...........WOW!

Damn, Roscoe is tiny.

And what is on Stevie Johnson's face? Is that just a blemish on the photo? It looks like he is hooked up to an oxygen tank.

I think that's a wrinkle in the paper like the one on the left red border just above Edwards' head.

Also, look at the size of Jaruis Byrd's right arm. That's not the arm of a 180# DB, more like for a lineman.

The players They usually try and make group photos symmetrical. Since the players are in numeric order from left to right, I think the left half of the 1st row was moved over one spot due to the removal of Jauron.

The removal of Jauron does seem kind of tacky since he was the coach for half the season. It's a tough call, though. Do you want someone on your team photo that you fired??

The Byrd Arm thing is an illusion, not a photo edit. You are seeing the combination of his arm and Florences arm. They may have edited DJ out for sure but let's not get carried away here, lol (Oh wait this is TBD)