How Sam Bradford Goes To Buffalo

It's not worth the bother, but here you go:

While we continue to get tips on who the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills will be, they might have just signed their next starting QB. Then again, given what this recent signee has done so far in the NFL, expectations are remarkably low.

Via Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, we've learned that the Bills have signed Brian Brohm -- former second-rounder -- off of the Packers practice squad. Brohm was impressive enough as a collegiate, but has not been able to catch up to the NFL game yet. It'll be a nice pet project for offensive coordinator and former QB Alex Van Pelt for the rest of the season.

For now though, Bills interim coach Perry Fewell has picked Ryan Fitzpatrick to be the starter for Sunday. Although Trent Edwards was pegged to be Buffalo's quarterback of the future before this season, it appears Edwards' time is running out -- especially now that a new coaching regime is about to take form. If the Bills are encouraged by Brohm, perhaps he'll become the strong presence under center that's been elusive for so long (see the above list). If not, there's a killer draft class of QBs in the hopper:

Mel Kiper Jr.

Top 5 Senior QBs | 1. McCoy; 2. Pike; 3. Tebow; 4. LeFevour; 5. Brown

Top 5 Junior QBs | 1. Bradford; 2. Locker; 3. Clausen; 4. Snead; 5. Keenum

yup. and i highly doubt hell be able to put on the needed weight. hell get killed in the nfl

Im torn, one part of me thinks of him as injury prone and fragile. The other part of me thinks he looks a lot like a young Peyton Manning.

I wonder with his injury's this year he could take a plunge and be had late in the first round for a subsequent years pick?

Im torn, one part of me thinks of him as injury prone and fragile. The other part of me thinks he looks a lot like a young Peyton Manning.

I wonder with his injury's this year he could take a plunge and be had late in the first round for a subsequent years pick?

Yes, because mortgaging the future always plays out so well in the end...

he will get bigger in the nfl, hes going to be a great qb... hes not injury prone either he came back to early from his first shoulder injury.... look at what brees did after shoulder surgery, his arm got stronger and so will bradfords imo

Didnt he have some Concussion issues at some point?

Also, don't forget Jake Locker and Clausen.

This class is going to be the deepest in a while.

It does not make any difference. Unless and until we fix our offensive line, it does not make any difference who is back there.

Agreed. We'll be in a great position to grab one of (if not the) top offensive line prospects in this year's draft. Use the first rounder on an O-Lineman, then see who's available in the 2nd at the QB position. As has been noted before, this draft is considered to be one of the best in a looooooooong time so we'll have some options at the top of Round 2.

Agreed. We'll be in a great position to grab one of (if not the) top offensive line prospects in this year's draft. Use the first rounder on an O-Lineman, then see who's available in the 2nd at the QB position. As has been noted before, this draft is considered to be one of the best in a looooooooong time so we'll have some options at the top of Round 2.

That strategy hasnt exactly worked out for us in the past. See J.P./Edwards.

Our first pick NEEDS to be a QB.

I hope not! WAAAY too slight of a build. He wouldn't last a game.

Strong, accurate arm with a great throwing motion, but he needs 3-4 years in the weight room first.

joe ferguson weighed about 180 during his playing days--Mr.CHANDLER you should know better he threw lottsa passes to you.

I'll take Levi Brown. He is a great leader at Troy and can wing the ball all over the place. Got one hell of a gun on him. Kinda like Losman, but not as dumb. I'll pass on Bradford, his shoulder is going to give him problems the rest of his career I bet. Chad Pennington ring a bell?

That strategy hasnt exactly worked out for us in the past. See J.P./Edwards.

Our first pick NEEDS to be a QB.

First picks used on QB's are not any more of a guarantee than 2nd or 3rd.

See Russel, JaMarcus

See Leinhart, Matt

See Young, Vince

See Cutler, Jake

See Smith, Alex

See Campbell, Jason

P.S. J.P. WAS a first rounder, not 2nd or 3rd.

bradford or Mccoy are the best options... just because San Braford got hurt twice in the same season people are calling him injury prone.. thats BS.. I would love Mccoy though...screw pike the bills need a Big confernce QB..

Let me just chime in for my friend The Senator here:

We should hire the genius, also known as Mike Leach, away from TTU and allow him to scoop up Graham Harrell. There you have it, two birds with one stone. :w00t:

Bring him in.

At least we know he won't be living with his sister.

For those of you calling him injury prone I say "pfffffffffffftttttttttt"

For those of you calling him skinny I say "pffffffffffttttttttt"

I don't know what kind of NFL QB he'll be, but both of those arguments are bogus.

for those of you making jokes about a guy living with his sister, I say "you're a dumba$$"

We should hire the genius, also known as Mike Leach, away from TTU and allow him to scoop up Graham Harrell. There you have it, two birds with one stone. :w00t:

Leach is a helluva coach. We'd be lucky to get him.

Leach is a helluva coach. We'd be lucky to get him.

I agree 100%. I like Leach as a coach. I don't know how successful he would be in an NFL setting, but it would be more entertaining than the crap we have to put up with now. I think his team, on offense, would mirror what the Saints are right now under Sean Payton. I just thought I'd throw the comment in there because The Senator hadn't done it yet. :w00t:

I hope not! WAAAY too slight of a build. He wouldn't last a game.

Strong, accurate arm with a great throwing motion, but he needs 3-4 years in the weight room first.

Are you freakin' kidding me???? :lol:

Jim Kelly - 6' 3", 226 lbs.

Sam Bradford - 6'4" 223 lbs. (and growing)

Wouldn't last a game? Chandler, please...in terms of size, ability, and toughness, Bradford is actually the guy who most reminds me of Jim Kelly, though I would rather see Bradford learn how to slide than do this...

Sam Bradford Goes Airborne

Jim Kelly missed practically all of his senior season because of a shoulder injury. All players not named Brett Favre get injured at some point. It's part of the game.

Yes - and we all know what a horrible flop Jim Kelly turned out to be. :lol: Honestly, McDave, what are these folks thinking when they call Bradford 'injury-prone'? :w00t:

As mentioned, I really do see a lot of Jim Kelly in Sam Bradford. I was going to mention Kelly's shoulder injury but since you beat me to it, I'll just point out that he also had 2 bad knees - and we still drafted him! I wouldn't get to wrapped up in the shoulder injury - by all accounts, it is 100% surgically repairable, so let's wait 'til April 2010 before the TSW orthopedic surgeons/QB geniuses pronounce his career over - if anything, it may cause Bradford to drop just far enough in the draft to allow the Bills to grab him.

Now, if we could just get the right HC/OC to go with him... someone who makes stars out of QBs...an offensive genius like, oh, maybe...

Mike Leach - Smart Football

It does not make any difference. Unless and until we fix our offensive line, it does not make any difference who is back there.

By nnext year this OL woll have a year experience and another training camp under their belt. Assuming that at least Wood and Levitre and one other guy (Bell, Meredith, or Handgartner) continue to be the starters, I think they will be much much improved.

Learning by fire isnt great whilst is happening, but the results can be beneficial very long term, IMO, for this group.

No more DJ to hamper their development, either, the improvement may be quicker thatn expected.

It is always a crap shoot behind our inexperienced O-Line, but I think I have seen enough of warm-weather/California college QB's to feel that isn't the answer for playing at the Ralph late in a season. Although Losman was from Cali and he was pretty durable - just couldn't feel the rush or learn to check down - Trent has just the oposite issue feels the rush even when it isn't there and checks down all the time.

Out of the upper tier QBs I like Pike from Ohio. At 6-6 he has the frame to put some size on him to be a bit more durable and he can play in weather.

By nnext year this OL woll have a year experience and another training camp under their belt. Assuming that at least Wood and Levitre and one other guy (Bell, Meredith, or Handgartner) continue to be the starters, I think they will be much much improved.

Learning by fire isnt great whilst is happening, but the results can be beneficial very long term, IMO, for this group.

No more DJ to hamper their development, either, the improvement may be quicker thatn expected.

We'll also get Butler back from injury, thus fixing the RT spot. But there are no LTs on the roster as of now, and we need to take one early. On the other hand, I don't see how this team can afford to pass up a franchise quarterback, if he's there to be taken when we pick. If we stare at the draft board, and see a Matt Ryan starting back at us, how do we not take that guy? Maybe a QB in round 1 and a LT in round 2? Or if we're confident in Brohm, we could take the LT in round 1, and not bother with a quarterback.

I am not as big a fan of the strong arm as much as the placement, Bradford can throw the ball far enough, more important he can hit a WR over the middle which we have not seen in some time. He is the best pure passer I've seen in college since Rivers. He is a great leader and with the right coaching and luck from the injury gods he could be a hall of famer...IMHO

Unfortunately it's always a crap shoot in the draft with first round QB's. It was definitely a bad roll of the dice for Bradford this year, getting hurt in the same place twice. Some teams are probably going to shy away from him because of that, although he will still go in the first round. I think the team needs to continue to make O-Line the priority, since it appears we're done drafting DB's in every round now that Jauron is gone.

We should hire the genius, also known as Mike Leach, away from TTU and allow him to scoop up Graham Harrell. There you have it, two birds with one stone. :lol:

Or you can go with Kelly and Pike! Or even Kelly and LeFevour (interesting the guy actually recruited and coached two of the best qbs in the NCAA)