Could Fitz actually save DJ's job?

Alphadawg7

Think about this for a second, kind of a scary thought...

Most of everyone can agree that Trent has been holding this offense back (along with JP when he was here) going back to the middle of last season. Not that DJ has been any good himself, but its pretty obvious with better QB play last year and this year look very different.

If Fitz comes in and plays well enough to win a couple games before Trent comes back, it is quite possible Fitz may remain the starter (assuming he does play well which is still yet to be known), especially given how many jobs are on the line. So if we start winning some games with say average play by Fitz and finish strong, could that be enough for Ralph to rationalize that with a real QB he could win with DJ and then go after a QB via FA or Draft and keep DJ one more year?

I really hope and pray this doesnt happen with all the incredible talent of HC's available, but given DJ is under contract for 3 years I could this happening...

I am pretty sure Ralph wont fire DJ mid season (or he would have already) unless he does it on the bye week. So, more than likely DJ will have the rest of the season. We have been close in many of our losses going back to last year despite poor play by the QB, so its not unrealistic to think we could finish 8-8 or 9-7 with average to solid play by Fitz (which who knows if he is even capable of it yet).

So, could it be a double edge sword to root for Fitz to do well as it could lead to another season of DJ when all this coaching talent is out there?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this. Would you guys get mad if we went 10-6 with Jauron or would you rather have us have another losing season so Jauron is fired.

I think there are many here who would love to win the SB with Jauron just as long as he got run over by a bus on the following Monday.

Most of everyone can agree that Trent has been holding this offense back (along with JP when he was here) going back to the middle of last season. Not that DJ has been any good himself, but its pretty obvious with better QB play last year and this year look very different.

If Fitz comes in and plays well enough to win a couple games before Trent comes back, it is quite possible Fitz may remain the starter (assuming he does play well which is still yet to be known), especially given how many jobs are on the line. So if we start winning some games with say average play by Fitz and finish strong, could that be enough for Ralph to rationalize that with a real QB he could win with DJ and then go after a QB via FA or Draft and keep DJ one more year?

I really hope and pray this doesnt happen with all the incredible talent of HC's available, but given DJ is under contract for 3 years I could this happening...

I am pretty sure Ralph wont fire DJ mid season (or he would have already) unless he does it on the bye week. So, more than likely DJ will have the rest of the season. We have been close in many of our losses going back to last year despite poor play by the QB, so its not unrealistic to think we could finish 8-8 or 9-7 with average to solid play by Fitz (which who knows if he is even capable of it yet).

So, could it be a double edge sword to root for Fitz to do well as it could lead to another season of DJ when all this coaching talent is out there?

Noodle Arm Fitz couldn't save himself if he was fallling in the toilet. You are getting too excited, he didn't play that well sunday. If you have been watching any of the games, Edwards is only one part of the problem holding the offense back. The line has been the worse in the NFL, play calling has been pathetic, Owens drops more balls than he catches, and I could go on and on. You think we have been bad, rely on Fitzpatrick and it will only get worse. He is a serviceable backup-at best.

You've gotta be kidding me right? We are talking about the QB who came in and went 10-25 for 116 yards with one TD and one INT, right? The same inaccurate QB, who was less than average with Ochocinco and Housh last year right? Somehow this is the QB that is going to get DJ to 9-7, as you stated (possibly 9-7) while taking this god awful team we have to a 7-3 record the rest of the way.

It's amazing that fans are so shortsighted. They kind of remind you of the ESPN poll that flucuates every time the Bills either win or lose a game. I watched a game Sunday, where the Jets were so absolutely bad at QB, that they tried numerous times to give us a win, yet, we failed to grab the reigns until the Jets finally rolled over and died. It had almost nothing to do with anything the Bills did on offense or defense.

Then we have our fearless 1-4 head coach who plays it conservative AGAIN by setting up Lindell for a long FG with swirling winds to win the game, and he missed again, just like vs. Cleveland last year.

Seriously, what does it take to break some of you? This team sucks. This coaching staff sucks. Period. They are one of the worst teams in the league, clearly. And yet, Fitzgerald, who was allowed to leave the Bengals, despite Carson Palmer coming back from a major injury will lead us to a respectable season?

I bet we get steamrolled this week. The Panthers will run all over us, and Steve Smith made a statement and will most likely have a huge game. My goals have changed. I hope the kids on the O-line keep improving and gain much needed experience. I also hope our head coach continues to make himself look like an idiot so that he will be gone for sure, at the end of the year, if not sooner.

Focus people. Our team is awful. It's way deeper than QB. Way deeper. Fitz is not the answer.

There, all fixed. :doh: (you thinking is a scary thought)

There you go again flip flopping...the other day you said it was Trent and called for Fitz...now its DJ...

And I love how you say me thinking is scary when I was right on everything you called me retarted on...you thinking is scary, just read your quote in my signature...

First off, let me say I NEVER said Fitz was any good, the jury is still out whether he can be a solid QB or not.

Second, in almost EVERY loss going back to last year, we were close and in postion to still win late in the game despite poor QB play in the majority of them. So, given our level of competiveness while dealing with ineptness from Trent and JP, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that even if Fitz is average we could end up winning some ball games.

Make no mistake, I have little faith in Fitz and dont see him as our starting QB, but with all these weapons he could end up doing ok. All I am saying is WHAT IF Fitz ends up being average or solid (he has won the last 4 games hes been in) and we end up winning a few more games than expected and finish the season strong? Would Ralph use that as an excuse to keep DJ?

There you go again flip flopping...the other day you said it was Trent and called for Fitz...now its DJ...

And I love how you say me thinking is scary when I was right on everything you called me retarted on...you thinking is scary, just read your quote in my signature...

Uh, what are you talking about? I said there you go flip flopping again as you always do and you bring up name calling...Who said anything about name calling? And if you want to bring that up, you are the one who started with that garbage a long time ago because I criticized Trent.

If you are going to provoke someone with insults and name calling then dont get butt hurt when someone reacts to it...

First off, let me say I NEVER said Fitz was any good, the jury is still out whether he can be a solid QB or not.

Second, in almost EVERY loss going back to last year, we were close and in postion to still win late in the game despite poor QB play in the majority of them. So, given our level of competiveness while dealing with ineptness from Trent and JP, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that even if Fitz is average we could end up winning some ball games.

Make no mistake, I have little faith in Fitz and dont see him as our starting QB, but with all these weapons he could end up doing ok. All I am saying is WHAT IF Fitz ends up being average or solid (he has won the last 4 games hes been in) and we end up winning a few more games than expected and finish the season strong? Would Ralph use that as an excuse to keep DJ?

Fitz already has a solid body of work to judge from. He played a ton last year. He's no more than a backup, and I'm not even really sure he would even be considered a solid backup at that. He was pretty brutal on Sunday other than he TRIED to make the throws that Trent doesn't even seem to look for. Most of the time, Fitz was inaccurate and the pass fell incomplete.

What game in the NFL isn't really close anymore? Every bad team in the league is usually in a lot of close or winnable games for a good portion of their season. Then, they do something stupid, or make bad plays, or the real contender actually wakes up and trounces them late in the game. We are now one of those awful teams that plays terrible football.

Add the fact that we have no depth on this team is abysmal. Flip flopping philosophies, bad coaching, terrible front office. It's over people. We have no chance of being even a decent team. This team needs way more than Fitz to be solid to take it to 9-7. A team like Baltimore has a legit chance to break from medicore to solid, not Buffalo.

You've gotta be kidding me right? We are talking about the QB who came in and went 10-25 for 116 yards with one TD and one INT, right? The same inaccurate QB, who was less than average with Ochocinco and Housh last year right? Somehow this is the QB that is going to get DJ to 9-7, as you stated (possibly 9-7) while taking this god awful team we have to a 7-3 record the rest of the way.

It's amazing that fans are so shortsighted. They kind of remind you of the ESPN poll that flucuates every time the Bills either win or lose a game. I watched a game Sunday, where the Jets were so absolutely bad at QB, that they tried numerous times to give us a win, yet, we failed to grab the reigns until the Jets finally rolled over and died. It had almost nothing to do with anything the Bills did on offense or defense.

Then we have our fearless 1-4 head coach who plays it conservative AGAIN by setting up Lindell for a long FG with swirling winds to win the game, and he missed again, just like vs. Cleveland last year.

Seriously, what does it take to break some of you? This team sucks. This coaching staff sucks. Period. They are one of the worst teams in the league, clearly. And yet, Fitzgerald, who was allowed to leave the Bengals, despite Carson Palmer coming back from a major injury will lead us to a respectable season?

I bet we get steamrolled this week. The Panthers will run all over us, and Steve Smith made a statement and will most likely have a huge game. My goals have changed. I hope the kids on the O-line keep improving and gain much needed experience. I also hope our head coach continues to make himself look like an idiot so that he will be gone for sure, at the end of the year, if not sooner.

Focus people. Our team is awful. It's way deeper than QB. Way deeper. Fitz is not the answer.

Seriously, if we are as bad as you make us out to be then why were we so close in most of our losses? In most of those losses we had well below average QB play from Trent and JP...

I am just saying it wont take more than average QB play to get a lot of those wins back, so if Fitz is even average its not outside the realm of possibility we could win some games. And if we do, what happens to DJ? Seems Ralph is giving him every chance he can to hold on to his job...

Seriously, if we are as bad as you make us out to be then why were we so close in most of our losses? In most of those losses we had well below average QB play from Trent and JP...

I am just saying it wont take more than average QB play to get a lot of those wins back, so if Fitz is even average its not outside the realm of possibility we could win some games. And if we do, what happens to DJ? Seems Ralph is giving him every chance he can to hold on to his job...

Fitz already has a solid body of work to judge from. He played a ton last year. He's no more than a backup, and I'm not even really sure he would even be considered a solid backup at that. He was pretty brutal on Sunday other than he TRIED to make the throws that Trent doesn't even seem to look for. Most of the time, Fitz was inaccurate and the pass fell incomplete.

What game in the NFL isn't really close anymore? Every bad team in the league is usually in a lot of close or winnable games for a good portion of their season. Then, they do something stupid, or make bad plays, or the real contender actually wakes up and trounces them late in the game. We are now one of those awful teams that plays terrible football.

Add the fact that we have no depth on this team is abysmal. Flip flopping philosophies, bad coaching, terrible front office. It's over people. We have no chance of being even a decent team. This team needs way more than Fitz to be solid to take it to 9-7. A team like Baltimore has a legit chance to break from medicore to solid, not Buffalo

Well this answers alot.

And no, Fitz sucks, Jauron sucks, pretty much the whole organization sucks right now. Trent is the best option for QB right now, with or without the concussion.

You do realize he went 13-3 in Chicago right? :doh:

Once, 8 years ago. To quote the raven "nevermore"

As for Fitz, lets see, I mean its not look we have a young Jack Kemp on the bench. If he can play well I'd rather see the Bills play well, regardless if DJ is the coach. And, if for some divine reason the Bills were to make the playoffs, I could perhaps live with him as coach IF Ralph but in a real GM and send Brandon back to marketing.

The again, if my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

HAHAHAHAHAHA - ROTFF - LMFAO- AGAIN!!!!!!!

Dude, you got the IQ of a brick.

Not to say you're not the funniest thing on the 'net right now - but Letterman's about to start, so back to 'IGNORE' it is for ALPO-Pooch...

LMAO at how most people in this read cant read. Seriously, I didnt say it was going to happen, all I did was say what happens IF...you guys know what the word IF means right...Fitz starts and he does just enough some games. I dont expect the usual suspects of Trent ball washers like Magox, Dog1487, etc to understand that because you would sell your mothers for a dollar if meant you could create another excuse for Trent sucking on the field.

But, reality is that our offense has been inept becuase of Trent and JP and yet we still had an opportunity to win all but 3 of our losses going back to our 4-0 start last year. On that basis alone its not unreasonable to think we could potentially win some games if Fitz is even average at best.

I am not saying we will, I simply said what happens if we do. Unfortunately, Senator, Magox, Dog14787 amongst others dont know how to discuss a thread...in fact, not one of your posts had anything to do with the topic. This isnt a thread on the odds of it happening, it was a thread about what happens if it does happen, and personally its not that far fetched.

I dont even know why I bothered defending the thread here as the only people bashing it are the same idiots that said Trent was better than Cutler, Trent pwned Brady, Trent is better than Jim Kelly, and one moron who doesnt know how to make a post without posting a link to Leech.

Mark my words, if we win 6 or more games, Jauron stays. Maybe they make some coaching staff changes, but Jauron stays.

Thats what I was saying in this thread. If Fitz can play well enough for us to finish 8-8 then does that buy DJ some more time...Whats scarier is looking at our schedule we have a lot of winnable games ahead. KC, Tenn, Car, Hou, Jax, Mia, Jets...we could even win the Indy game as Indy likely rests all their starters most of the game in the last week...

LMAO at how most people in this read cant read. Seriously, I didnt say it was going to happen, all I did was say what happens IF...you guys know what the word IF means right...Fitz starts and he does just enough some games. I dont expect the usual suspects of Trent ball washers like Magox, Dog1487, etc to understand that because you would sell your mothers for a dollar if meant you could create another excuse for Trent sucking on the field.

But, reality is that our offense has been inept becuase of Trent and JP and yet we still had an opportunity to win all but 3 of our losses going back to our 4-0 start last year. On that basis alone its not unreasonable to think we could potentially win some games if Fitz is even average at best.

I am not saying we will, I simply said what happens if we do. Unfortunately, Senator, Magox, Dog14787 amongst others dont know how to discuss a thread...in fact, not one of your posts had anything to do with the topic. This isnt a thread on the odds of it happening, it was a thread about what happens if it does happen, and personally its not that far fetched.

So, you think it's not that far fetched? lmao. So, you think Fitzpatrick is worth 7-3 the rest of the way to get the Bills to 9-7? The difference is Fitzpatrick?

Not the line, the LB's, the depth, the coaching, the schedule, or FOX News. You actually think "it's not that far fetched" that Fitzpatrick playing "average at best" meaning he may be even to play less than average, that he's the difference?

Ryan Fitzpatrick right? By the way, what do you consider "average at best"? He was 10-25 last week.

Thats what I was saying in this thread. If Fitz can play well enough for us to finish 8-8 then does that buy DJ some more time...Whats scarier is looking at our schedule we have a lot of winnable games ahead. KC, Tenn, Car, Hou, Jax, Mia, Jets...we could even win the Indy game as Indy likely rests all their starters most of the game in the last week...

I'm not sure the Bills will be favored in any of those games.

So, you think it's not that far fetched? lmao. So, you think Fitzpatrick is worth 7-3 the rest of the way to get the Bills to 9-7? The difference is Fitzpatrick?

Not the line, the LB's, the depth, the coaching, the schedule, or FOX News. You actually think "it's not that far fetched" that Fitzpatrick playing "average at best" meaning he may be even to play less than average, that he's the difference?

Ryan Fitzpatrick right? By the way, what do you consider "average at best"? He was 10-25 last week.

Have you looked at our schedule? We have 7 winnable games in front of us (Indy is the 7th as they likely wont play any starters that last game). Have you even watched the Bills games? Because if you had you would have seen this "terrible" team of ours (as you claim it to be) in position to win the games late in the game DESPITE poor play by our QB's in just about every loss since our 4-0 start.

Literally, just a little better QB play in a LOT of those games and we win many of them. So given our weak schedule, if Fitz can be solid there is no reason to think we cant win some games here. I am not saying we will, and I am not saying Fitz will be good, I am saying its more possible than you think.

Not to mention, Fitz has won his last 4 games he's been in (3 he started and the Jets game last week), and last year was his first action as a starting QB really when he had to fill in for Palmer. And yes, you bring up his passing stats all the while ignoring the fact he has had no time to develop any chemistry with any of the first string offense as this is his first year in Buffalo and he has been working with the second unit. He made some bad throws but he also made some really good throws. Anyone over the age of 6 could see a positive difference in our offense once he came in.

By no means do I think Fitz is anything special or even very good (although you never know...look at what Todd Collins did in Wash that year...career crappy QB played pretty solid filling in for Campbell that year). But given this teams ability to stay close with a struggling offense, does it really seem that outlandish that if Fitz is solid we might win some games given who is on our schedule?

And if we do, does that mean Ralph goes after a QB instead of a coach in the offseason and gives DJ one more year given he is still under contract so long?

Fitz already has a solid body of work to judge from. He played a ton last year. He's no more than a backup

Jeff Hostettler and Earl Morral were backups and they did OK. A backup engineered the greatest comeback in NFL history. Not saying Fitz is as good as these guys, but there was a reason they weren't the starter on their team. Sometimes guys rise to the occasion when you wouldn't think they could. Let him play the games, then decide.

What game in the NFL isn't really close anymore? Every bad team in the league is usually in a lot of close or winnable games

Pastises* 59

Titans 0

Bills 33

Bucs 20

Seahawks 41

Jaguars 0

Thats just the ones I can remember off of the top of my head over the last few weeks.

A team like Baltimore has a legit chance to break from medicore to solid, not Buffalo

11-5 and losing the AFC Championship game by 9 to the eventual Super Bowl winner is "medicore" (sic)?

I agree that Dick has cost us many games. Weak QB has as well. We probably could have won that Clowns game in 2008 if Trent didn't throw 3 interceptions in the first 4 possessions. Cowboys game 2007 we may have won if Trent doesn't throw a pick 6 instead of leading us to TD to go up by 13 in the 4th quarter. If Trent doesn't overthrow a wide open TO against the Clowns 2 weeks ago we probably win that one. If JP doesn't fumble against the Jets we win probably. On and on. If Fitz can play half way decent we may be able to win a few more of these close games. If it were up to me, Dick's gotta win 9 to keep his job. And then it's a maybe. If I can strike a deal with Schottenhiemer or Reeves or Ditka or Fassell or Cowher or Holmgren or Callahan or Vermiel or Martz or Fisher or Billick, and probably a few others, I still pull the trigger anyway.

Jeff Hostettler and Earl Morral were backups and they did OK. A backup engineered the greatest comeback in NFL history. Not saying Fitz is as good as these guys, but there was a reason they weren't the starter on their team. Sometimes guys rise to the occasion when you wouldn't think they could. Let him play the games, then decide.

Pastise* 59

Titans 0

Bills 33

Bucs 20

Seahawks 41

Jaguars 0

Thats just the ones I can remember off of the top of my head over the last few weeks.

11-5 and losing the AFC Championship game by 9 to the eventual Super Bowl winner is "medicore" (sic)?

I agree that Dick has cost us many games. Weak QB has as well. We probably could have won that Clowns game if Trent didn't throw 3 interceptions in the first 4 possessions. Cowboys game 2007 we may have won if Trent doesn't throw a pick 6 instead of leading us to TD to go up by 13 in the 4th quarter. If Trent doesn't overthrow a wide open TO against the Clowns 2 weeks ago we probably win that one. If JP doesn't fumble against the Jets we win probably. On and on. If Fitz can play half way decent we may be able to win a few more of these close games. If it were up to me, Dick's gotta win 9 to keep his job. And then it's a maybe. If I can strike a deal with Schottenhiemer or Reeves or Ditka or Fassell or Cowher or Holmgren or Callahan or Vermiel or Martz or Fisher or Billick, and probably a few others, I still pull the trigger anyway.

Great post...thats all I was speculating on...

Yeah, like Jauron will inspire this team into thinking it cal win ten games. just like he inspired them in the NO game by not going for a 4th and 1 two score down and 7 minutes to go. Real inspirational guy.

No doubt. If only Jauron had inspired Jason Peters to play. It's not Peters fault, Jauron didn't inspire him!!! That line of reasoning seems to work for the Trent apologist camp.

Noodle Arm Fitz couldn't save himself if he was fallling in the toilet. You are getting too excited, he didn't play that well sunday. If you have been watching any of the games, Edwards is only one part of the problem holding the offense back. The line has been the worse in the NFL, play calling has been pathetic, Owens drops more balls than he catches, and I could go on and on. You think we have been bad, rely on Fitzpatrick and it will only get worse. He is a serviceable backup-at best.

ROFLOL. If Fitz has a noodle arm I can't even think of a way to describe how weak Trent's arm is. That is funny. Regardless of arm strength Fitz seemed to play with something Trent didn't ...BALLS!!!!!! He made mistakes to be sure but he also attempted and completed, by the way on the slant pass to Evans, passes Trent wouldn't have the guts to.

Pastises* 59

Titans 0

Bills 33

Bucs 20

Seahawks 41

Jaguars 0

I agree that Dick has cost us many games. Weak QB has as well. We probably could have won that Clowns game in 2008 if Trent didn't throw 3 interceptions in the first 4 possessions. Cowboys game 2007 we may have won if Trent doesn't throw a pick 6 instead of leading us to TD to go up by 13 in the 4th quarter. If Trent doesn't overthrow a wide open TO against the Clowns 2 weeks ago we probably win that one. If JP doesn't fumble against the Jets we win probably. On and on. If Fitz can play half way decent we may be able to win a few more of these close games. If it were up to me, Dick's gotta win 9 to keep his job. And then it's a maybe. If I can strike a deal with Schottenhiemer or Reeves or Ditka or Fassell or Cowher or Holmgren or Callahan or Vermiel or Martz or Fisher or Billick, and probably a few others, I still pull the trigger anyway.

#1 This post is kind of mind boggling and just opens you up to severe evidence going in the opposite direction. For every Hostetler, Morral, and Reich, there are hundreds upon hundreds of backups that are truly awful. And, as a backup, Fitz was pretty awful himself last week. AGAIN, DID ANYONE SEE MARK SANCHEZ GIVE THE BILLS THE GAME last week? Anyone? Or did Fitz's 10-25 performance lead the Bills to victory? Come on.

#2 Should I now cite all of the close games in the NFL this season?

#3 We are talking about teams RIGHT NOW who are either mediocre record wise (Baltimore) or slightly worse like Buffalo. Teams that can turn it around and become good by the end of the year. The Bills are awful. The Ravens are the kind of team that will most likely rally (in other words the kind of team that will do what ADawg is talking about) and bounce back to a good year. The Bills most likely will not. San Diego probably has that type of chance, because they also have some talent to do so. The Bills do not. The Bills lose the close games over and over and over and over and over and over and over because they suck. We arent' good enough to consistently beat bad teams, and we NEVER beat good teams. Disaster. It's not going to change folks. You have no evidence that it will.

And now to tie it all back in....Ryan Fitzpatrick, who didn't even play well last year, or last weekend, is NOT the answer. Trent would have most likely been 10-25.

#1 This post is kind of mind boggling and just opens you up to severe evidence going in the opposite direction. For every Hostetler, Morral, and Reich, there are hundreds upon hundreds of backups that are truly awful. And, as a backup, Fitz was pretty awful himself last week. AGAIN, DID ANYONE SEE MARK SANCHEZ GIVE THE BILLS THE GAME last week? Anyone? Or did Fitz's 10-25 performance lead the Bills to victory? Come on.

#2 Should I now cite all of the close games in the NFL this season?

#3 We are talking about teams RIGHT NOW who are either mediocre record wise (Baltimore) or slightly worse like Buffalo. Teams that can turn it around and become good by the end of the year. The Bills are awful. The Ravens are the kind of team that will most likely rally (in other words the kind of team that will do what ADawg is talking about) and bounce back to a good year. The Bills most likely will not. San Diego probably has that type of chance, because they also have some talent to do so. The Bills do not. The Bills lose the close games over and over and over and over and over and over and over because they suck. We arent' good enough to consistently beat bad teams, and we NEVER beat good teams. Disaster. It's not going to change folks. You have no evidence that it will.

And now to tie it all back in....Ryan Fitzpatrick, who didn't even play well last year, or last weekend, is NOT the answer. Trent would have most likely been 10-25.

You're post was kindof mind boggling. You made some pronouncements as facts that plain aren't. I refuted them. And, you did ask "What game in the NFL isn't really close anymore?" by the way. I cited a few. Looking back at the results of last weeks games, of the 14 played, 7 were decided by 10 points or more. So evidently a lot aren't.

So Fitz' stats weren't great. So what. I saw a lot of positive signs showing the kid may be able to run this offense better than Trent. Trent was sacked once in 1 quarter and Fitz 0 in 3 quarters. When was the last game Trent went 3 quarters without a sack? That tells me something there. He also tried to make plays out of nothing like the pass to ML that ML didn't go after quick enough to catch. On the TD to Evans the jets blitzed and he took a 3 step drop and threw the ball. No standing around looking looking looking and then getting sacked or running around desperately looking for RB to throw to. He also threw a great ball to Lee that he allegedly "bobbled". Not Ryan's fault. Yeah 10 for 25 may not be good, but he did some good things too.

Since you know so much about backups, you should know that in the NFL the backup QB is lucky to get 5 reps a day with the starters. Give him a week to work and then we'll see what happens.

Whose saying Fitz is the answer anyway? I don't understand this negative nancy attitude that everything sucks. Bills got problems for sure. But we're not as bad as some of yall make it out to be. Sometime I wonder what games you're watching.

I for one did not SEE MARK SANCHEZ GIVE THE BILLS THE GAME last week? He played bad yes, but so did Fitz you say. In fact, you say he played "awful". How come we didn't give the game to them? We made some plays when they counted. They didn't. Our pass defense was very good. Those picks weren't' total gifts. I saw Edwards try to take one away from Byrd but he out muscled him for it. At least part of Sanchez' bad play was brought on by the Bills playing good pass defense.

You're post was kindof mind boggling. You made some pronouncements as facts that plain aren't. I refuted them. And, you did ask "What game in the NFL isn't really close anymore?" by the way. I cited a few. Looking back at the results of last weeks games, of the 14 played, 7 were decided by 10 points or more. So evidently a lot aren't.

So Fitz' stats weren't great. So what. I saw a lot of positive signs showing the kid may be able to run this offense better than Trent. Trent was sacked once in 1 quarter and Fitz 0 in 3 quarters. When was the last game Trent went 3 quarters without a sack? That tells me something there. He also tried to make plays out of nothing like the pass to ML that ML didn't go after quick enough to catch. On the TD to Evans the jets blitzed and he took a 3 step drop and threw the ball. No standing around looking looking looking and then getting sacked or running around desperately looking for RB to throw to. He also threw a great ball to Lee that he allegedly "bobbled". Not Ryan's fault. Yeah 10 for 25 may not be good, but he did some good things too.

Since you know so much about backups, you should know that in the NFL the backup QB is lucky to get 5 reps a day with the starters. Give him a week to work and then we'll see what happens.

Whose saying Fitz is the answer anyway? I don't understand this negative nancy attitude that everything sucks. Bills got problems for sure. But we're not as bad as some of yall make it out to be. Sometime I wonder what games you're watching.

I for one did not SEE MARK SANCHEZ GIVE THE BILLS THE GAME last week? He played bad yes, but so did Fitz you say. In fact, you say he played "awful". How come we didn't give the game to them? We made some plays when they counted. They didn't. Our pass defense was very good. Those picks weren't' total gifts. I saw Edwards try to take one away from Byrd but he out muscled him for it. At least part of Sanchez' bad play was brought on by the Bills playing good pass defense.

I was going to write something, but all I can say now is "what he said"... good post...

I want to give Fitz a week or 2, sounds crazy since we give other QBs YEARS, and I want to see how we react to the Panthers running game. Our LBs suck right now.

The match-up on paper is close.

Most of everyone can agree that Trent has been holding this offense back

Yes, if it wasn't for Edwards, we'd suddenly have a serviceable OLine, a successful coordinator and receivers who catch everything.

Damn you Trent!

:w00t: