Could Fitz actually save DJ's job?

Alphadawg7

Yes, if it wasn't for Edwards, we'd suddenly have a serviceable OLine, a successful coordinator and receivers who catch everything.

Damn you Trent!

:w00t:

Don't forget Maybin would already be a star and no one would get injured. Finally a QB that can do all those things!

You see giant leaps made on message boards...that's kind of what they are there for, but wow...Fitzpatrick as the savior. Bills nation has officially jumped the shark.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if it wasn't for Edwards, we'd suddenly have a serviceable OLine, a successful coordinator and receivers who catch everything.

Damn you Trent!

:w00t:

True. Watching MNF, I couldn't help but notice Phillip Rivers making some great plays despite playing behind a terrible OL. Trent is far from the only problem, but he's not a solution either.

Well this answers alot.

And no, Fitz sucks, Jauron sucks, pretty much the whole organization sucks right now. Trent is the best option for QB right now, with or without the concussion.

You must have rocks in your head. I watched the game on NFL replay in 30 minutes last nite. (much easier to focus on the nuances of the game when you have already seen the game once) Edwards is NOT our best option at QB. He almost never looks to throw down the field. Everything is a check down. Fitz did not play great, but he made plays when he had to. Looks much more comfortable on the field, and has a whole lot more confidence on where and when to throw the ball. He is not AFRAID!!! Edwards is. Biggest difference. The offense knows that, and played with much more confidence with Fitz leading them.

I will agree that Jauron does SUCK!! Way too conservative with the playcalling whenever we have a chance to win. This is his biggest fault. He does have us ready to play though, but the talent level is just so weak in our front seven on defense. Unbelievable how we get pushed around. Even Marcus Stroud. Need some big tough guys up front.

You must have rocks in your head. I watched the game on NFL replay in 30 minutes last nite. (much easier to focus on the nuances of the game when you have already seen the game once) Edwards is NOT our best option at QB. He almost never looks to throw down the field. Everything is a check down. Fitz did not play great, but he made plays when he had to. Looks much more comfortable on the field, and has a whole lot more confidence on where and when to throw the ball. He is not AFRAID!!! Edwards is. Biggest difference. The offense knows that, and played with much more confidence with Fitz leading them.

I will agree that Jauron does SUCK!! Way too conservative with the playcalling whenever we have a chance to win. This is his biggest fault. He does have us ready to play though, but the talent level is just so weak in our front seven on defense. Unbelievable how we get pushed around. Even Marcus Stroud. Need some big tough guys up front.

If he has rocks in his head you must have boulders in your head not to see that he is correct. Fitz is nothing but a serviceable backup for a mediocre at best team, that is all he ever will be. He wouldn't even bet that on a playoff contender.

Don't forget Maybin would already be a star and no one would get injured. Finally a QB that can do all those things!

You see giant leaps made on message boards...that's kind of what they are there for, but wow...Fitzpatrick as the savior. Bills nation has officially jumped the shark.

Seriously, do you even read? Not one post on here has said Fitz is a savior or even any good. All that is suggested is that he is better than Trent and that could be the difference in winning a few of these close games we have lost to bad teams.

And now to tie it all back in....Ryan Fitzpatrick, who didn't even play well last year, or last weekend, is NOT the answer. Trent would have most likely been 10-25.

There are two things that stick out for me that the 10 - 25 doesn't show:

1) The 1 - 1 he was on in stride slant passes to Lee Evans for a TD.

2) Including the TD he attempts passes Edwards can't or won't attempt.

I don't know that anyone is saying Fitz is the final answer at QB but I think we are saying is that he is likely better than Edwards. Lets give this guy 80% of the reps in practice with the first team for a few weeks and see what he can do!!!

Edwards could have gone 10 -25. I actually he think he would have done a lot better. Problem is he doesn't throw TD strikes and he can't/won't go down field meaning we lose the game.

Funny, that's what Pat fans were saying about some guy name Tom Brady when he came in for the injured Bledsoe.

Comparing Fitz to Brady :thumbsup: Really? What did Fitz do w/ the Bengals when Carson went down? cause Brady would have thrown 30+ tds w/ TJ and Ochocinco!

Mark my words, if we win 6 or more games, Jauron stays. Maybe they make some coaching staff changes, but Jauron stays.

Sadly you maybe right.

You know they are going to use injuries as an excuse...

The main thing he has 2 years + left on his contract.....that my friend is the REASON why.

The only way Ralph see the light is when we stop paying to see this shell of an organization. I know I wont waste my hard earned money on this product until Jauron is ghost.

Damn you Trent!

:thumbsup:

Seriously, please show me where I or anyone said Trent was our only problem Simon...

If you dont think Trent has been a major factor in piss poor production on offense then you dont know nearly as much about football as you like people to think. No one, including myself, is saying Trent is our only problem. But considering he is the one who touches the ball 100% of the time on offense, he has been a major reason.

Not to mention, for someone who claims to be so knowledgable on football Simon you can possiblytell me you did not notice a DISTINCT positive influence in our offense once Fitz came into the game. The biggest difference was he was getting the ball into our play makers hands. The throw to Evans was perfect as hit him in perfect stride for a TD. When was the last time you saw Evans get to show case his true speed like that? Trent never hits Evans in stride because he doesnt throw with any anticipation and gives up on the routes after 2 seconds in the pocket and immediately looks for the checkdown. This has even been showcased on breakdowns on NFL shows. The other throw that was ruled incomplete was also a perfect throw again hitting Evans right where he needed to. It was overturned, but that wasnt because of the throw.

Add in that Fitz had no sacks and made our O line look a lot better against a defense that previously made our offense look like a High School offense with Trent at command. It gave up no sacks under Fitz as he moved around the pocket more.

So, no one is saying Trent is the only problem, but its pretty clear he was a big problem and considering with all our problems as you like to point out, we are still in every game. So I ask again, with a little better play at QB, why is it so inconcievable to think we can win some games?

Damn you Trent!

:thumbsup:

Not saying those aren't problems. But because of those Trent gets a pass? OLine gave up 1 sack to the blitz happy Jets Sunday. When Trent was playing co incidentally. I wish TO could cut down on the drops a little.

Oh, and LV and anyone else bringing up his passing stats...I love how you conveniently leave out the 4 dropped passe and the overturned completion to Evans. If you had all those back in his completion % is 60%. He made some bad throws, but he also made some great throws. He had more good throws than bad throws, and they were aggressive throws. Not to mention, how few reps he has had with that unit as a backup.

If I was to put money on who will have a higher completion %, I would put it on Trent given the absurd amount of safe, unproductive throws he makes.

If I was to put money on who will get more yards, easily Fitz.

If I was to put money on who will get more passes to our WR's (out best playmakers), easily Fitz.

If I was to put money on who will score us more points, easily Fitz.

If I was to put money on who will have more turnovers, easily Trent

If I was to put money on who will get sacked more, easily Trent

If I was to put money on who will slide in the pocket giving his recievers time to get open, easily Fitz

Adding that all up, I would put my money on Fitz to produce more and win us more games than Trent. And I dont even think Fitz is very good, just that Trent is that much of a problem.

Even if Fitz does well, I still want us to get a QB in the draft or FA as I think is upside is limited (but hey, he could surprise, who knows. Look at how Warner came out of no where, stanger things have happened). But, its not that Fitz is that good, its just that Trent is just that bad in so many areas.

Bottom line, THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH TALENT AND WEAPONS ON OUR OFFENSE FOR US TO SCORE SO LITTLE OFFENSIVE POINTS...I mean we lost to a QB who completed TWO, JUST TWO, freaking passes under Trent. That should have been the end of him right there.

don't worry, Fitz is barely a serviceable backup QB. That will be very clear shortly.

This is what a decade of losing football does to a fanbase; it makes people delusional.

I would be more worried about the injury excuse saving Jauron.

If people can't see that Trent is "a barely serviceable backup" in 3 years what makes you think we will see that in Fitz so quickly? LOL

Ryan Fitzpatrick had Chad Johnson, Ochocinco, whatever the hell you call him for now, and T.J. Houshmazada last year, to perennial pro-bowlers every year, and stunk it up. The scary thing is, Cincy's o-line was and IS better than Buffalo's this year. It will take both his and Jauron's Ivy League educations plus Doogie-fickin-Houser to make Fitz a "Real-deal"!

What the heck happened here?

I'm not here to defend Alphadawg, but I read his post and I can't believe some of you people!

The post was very QB neutral, and simply posed a "what if" scenario, as in: What if Fitzpatrick plays well enough for the team to win 6 of their last 10 games, would that make Ralph decide to keep Jauron?

Outside of his statement that "Most of everyone can agree that Trent has been holding this offense back (along with JP when he was here) going back to the middle of last season", there really isn't anything to criticize him for, let alone fodder enough for some of you guys to be lambasting him.

He even went so far as to say that he didn't necessarily think that Fitzpatrick was capable of average or above-average QB play, so I can't understand the tongue-lashing he's getting. Since then, of course, the typical Trent-apologist vs. Trent-arsenist debate has erupted, but I digress to my original point.

Here's my response:

If, and I stress the word "IF", Fitzpatrick plays well enough to (1) keep the starting job, and (2) lead the team to a 6-4 record over the next 10 games, then yes, I think Jauron would keep his job. Would I be happy about it? No, I want him gone.

Of course, I don't think either of those things are going to happen, as I don't think Fitzpatrick is a very good QB. I do, however, think he showed a bit more zip on his passes, better pocket awareness, and a little more willingness to throw to the WRs. That said, his accuracy leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Just my 1 cent.

Who gives the team a better chance to win? Fitz

Is he the QB of the future? No, but let's try and win now and you know Edwards is not. Even if you want to make the Grand Canyon sized leap that Trent is just in a funk and under all that is really a great QB he has an awful injury history. You are not going to give him a big contract at all given the injuries.

So let's try and win now and see what Fitz can do....you already have the decision on TE. The worst Fitz can do is play like Edwards and we lose.

We actually saw a QB throw to the WRs Sunday......hasn't really happened much at all this year.

First off, let me say I NEVER said Fitz was any good, the jury is still out whether he can be a solid QB or not.

Second, in almost EVERY loss going back to last year, we were close and in postion to still win late in the game despite poor QB play in the majority of them. So, given our level of competiveness while dealing with ineptness from Trent and JP, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that even if Fitz is average we could end up winning some ball games.

Make no mistake, I have little faith in Fitz and dont see him as our starting QB, but with all these weapons he could end up doing ok. All I am saying is WHAT IF Fitz ends up being average or solid (he has won the last 4 games hes been in) and we end up winning a few more games than expected and finish the season strong? Would Ralph use that as an excuse to keep DJ?

I would say this season in the few games we were close in, we had a chance to win and the Special Teams/Return Teams lost it for us, not Trent Edwards or any other quarterback.

He actually won his last three games last year for Cincinnati....and if you look at his games and stats he actually got the ball to Chad Johnson a fair amount. I am not saying he is our QB of the future but you have to agree he is playing like the better QB right now (yes after only one game and he outplayed Trent in the preseason as well) and he has much better mobility. Give him a chance and see where he leads us.....what if the Bills go 2-0 in the next two games and go in to the bye week 4-4 with Fitz going essentially 3-0 (lots of faith for that to happen I know)? What happens then?

I do sense that some people on the board would be upset if this team goes undefeated the rest of the way b/c Jauron would be the coach still....what would be wrong with that if they went undefeated the rest of the way. I am not delusional I just say that to illustrate the point!

Ryan Fitzpatrick had Chad Johnson, Ochocinco, whatever the hell you call him for now, and T.J. Houshmazada last year, to perennial pro-bowlers every year, and stunk it up. The scary thing is, Cincy's o-line was and IS better than Buffalo's this year. It will take both his and Jauron's Ivy League educations plus Doogie-fickin-Houser to make Fitz a "Real-deal"!

Lets see, all I hear about Trent for the apologists all off season is how he had only 23 starts under his belt for why he has stunk (more turnovers than TD's coming into the season). But now you want to call out Fitz last year which was essentially his first season as an actual starter in only his 4th year in the league? How does it get to be an excuse for Trent and not Fitz?

Did you know that prior to Fitz coming in last year that Carson Palmer had lost all 4 games he played in before injury and had only 3 TD's and 4 INT's. Not to mention he was sacked 11 times in four games? In fact, he had 4 games with less than 150 yards passing, including 1 with less than 100 yards passing. So even he struggled in Cincy last year with all those weapons (which he had years of chemistry with) and that so called "better O Line"...

Back to this better O Line Cincy had lasy year as you claim. It was one of the worst in football last year:

Sacks allowed: 49

Yards per rush as a team: 3.6 yds per rush on 420 rushing plays

So please, on what grounds did Cincy have a better O Line than we do now? Or can you just admit you pulled that out of your ass?

Not to mention, that under Fitz the O line gave up no sacks in 3 quarters to a team that usually owns us in that dept. In fact, O Line has only allowed 3 sacks in last two games and seems to be getting better as our rookies get more experience. It was only one game (well 3 quarters) but with a QB who knows how to slide the O Line looked much better...so maybe our O Line has looked so bad becuase it was both young and had a QB who didnt know how to move well in the pocket?

He actually won his last three games last year for Cincinnati....and if you look at his games and stats he actually got the ball to Chad Johnson a fair amount. I am not saying he is our QB of the future but you have to agree he is playing like the better QB right now (yes after only one game and he outplayed Trent in the preseason as well) and he has much better mobility. Give him a chance and see where he leads us.....what if the Bills go 2-0 in the next two games and go in to the bye week 4-4 with Fitz going essentially 3-0 (lots of faith for that to happen I know)? What happens then?

I do sense that some people on the board would be upset if this team goes undefeated the rest of the way b/c Jauron would be the coach still....what would be wrong with that if they went undefeated the rest of the way. I am not delusional I just say that to illustrate the point!

Chad Johnson wasn't Chad Johnson last year. Seeing as how he is now Chad Ochincinco I guess he isn't Chad Johnson this year either lol. "Chad" admitted that he gave up last year and mailed it in. Once again it's not whether Fitz is the next Jim Kelly, it's does he give us a better chance to win right now. Fitz started a bunch of games in Cincy last year and if I'm not mistaken threw a couple 300 yarders. He also won a bunch too on a Cincy team that wasn't really that great.

I don't see how people can run down Fitz but back Trent to the hilt. At this point I think it is pretty safe to say we know what Trent is. He's not the long term answer unless your goal is mediocre records every year.

We are talking about the QB who came in and went 10-25 for 116 yards with one TD and one INT, right?

I noticed a nice catch by Nelson for 25 yards that saved Fitzpatrick on one play, and a couple of should-have-been INTs, too. His numbers should have been way worse. I have no preference between Edwards and Fitzpatrick, I hope one of them plays well, but neither of them will be a solid started any time soon (if ever).

What the heck happened here?

I'm not here to defend Alphadawg, but I read his post and I can't believe some of you people!

The post was very QB neutral, and simply posed a "what if" scenario, as in: What if Fitzpatrick plays well enough for the team to win 6 of their last 10 games, would that make Ralph decide to keep Jauron?

Outside of his statement that "Most of everyone can agree that Trent has been holding this offense back (along with JP when he was here) going back to the middle of last season", there really isn't anything to criticize him for, let alone fodder enough for some of you guys to be lambasting him.

He even went so far as to say that he didn't necessarily think that Fitzpatrick was capable of average or above-average QB play, so I can't understand the tongue-lashing he's getting. Since then, of course, the typical Trent-apologist vs. Trent-arsenist debate has erupted, but I digress to my original point.

Here's my response:

If, and I stress the word "IF", Fitzpatrick plays well enough to (1) keep the starting job, and (2) lead the team to a 6-4 record over the next 10 games, then yes, I think Jauron would keep his job. Would I be happy about it? No, I want him gone.

Of course, I don't think either of those things are going to happen, as I don't think Fitzpatrick is a very good QB. I do, however, think he showed a bit more zip on his passes, better pocket awareness, and a little more willingness to throw to the WRs. That said, his accuracy leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Just my 1 cent.

I will tell you what happened...look at those giving those lame posts...they are all the same people that made outlandish claims about Trent all off season and blasted me and others every time we were critical of Trent and JP. In fact, if you follow my posts, I am in all kinds of topics, the Trent ones get remembered though because I was arguing with morons like dog14787, Magox, etc made claims like Trent was better than Cutler, Trent was better than Jim Kelly, compared him to Brady and Montanna and talked about his greatness (the same greatness that amounted to more turnovers than TD's, no 300 yard games, 3 games with more than 1 TD, etc, etc.) and so much more outlandish boasts.

Now, they just try and say its all I talk about (funny as I am in all kinds of threads) and try and discredit anything I write to try and save face and cover up the fact that I was dead on with my assesment of Trent. It kills them I was right about it after they argued and literally made stuff up to defend Trent all offseason (Magox and dog14787 especailly).

If you notice, those bashing are also those that literally provide very little to any thread. Magox bashes everyone...and its too bad, because before he was proven wrong about Trent he used to actually post football stuff in other threads. In fact we agreed on a lot. But now its almost as if he is trying to go about bashing so many others (not just me) that were right about Trent and call them morons and retards to try and make up for all that boy crush stuff he spewed. Dog14787 just writes what eveyone else does...he goes with popular opinnion. In fact, he has once again flip flopped on yet another topic in this very thread...he changes his mind on almost every play. Senator cant make a post that doesnt involve Leech...and so on and so on.

Its all good though as there are people here who can objectively read a thread and respond to it. No matter what you will get loser posters disrupting a thread or trying to read into it something its not...comes with being on a message board.

When you start a thread like this when everyone knows fully well the biggest problems the Bills have right now is lacking the proper pass protection , an inexperienced OC, and a HC that knows how to coach and yet you continue to rant about one person, Trent Edwards like Alphadawg has even before the season started and has continued his non stop idiotic crusade up until now it tends to hurt your credibility.

Alphadawg intends to keep up his ranting , disregarding the fact that the O-line should continue to improve game by game and scratching the no huddle is also helping the offense, but in his mind its all the QB Fitz that accounts for any improvement, geeesh, give me a break buddy. :thumbsup:

Maybe folks don't want to hear his BS anymore because he has a one track mind, ever thought about that?

Just my 2 cents

Hahahaha, this coming from the guy who says Trent is better than Jim Kelly, supported Brady getting PWNED by Trent, compared him to Montanna and Brady, claims to have predicted how great Brady would be before he ever started and had the single worst combine of any player in the history of the combine, cried for April as HC, and ball washed AVP for weeks...

Seriously, no one is ever always right as its a discussion board of opinnion, but you havent been right on a single thing you have ever posted because it always involves those outlandish claims above...but yet you call everyone else a retard and moron...and its usually anyone who doesnt think Trent is magical (as you even refered to him before). Add in the fact you literally flip flop daily, practically on every snap of the ball, on just about everything you talk about as soon as you start getting flamed by the majority.

My favorite though is how you always call people names but get your vag hurt when people react to it. In fact, I never said squat to you until you repeatedly called me a retard, moron, idiot etc because I criticized Trent. If posts had a dollar value, you couldnt get 2 cents from any of your posts if the proceeds all went to charity...

When you start a thread like this when everyone knows fully well the biggest problems the Bills have right now is lacking the proper pass protection , an inexperienced OC, and a HC that knows how to coach and yet you continue to rant about one person, Trent Edwards like Alphadawg has even before the season started and has continued his non stop idiotic crusade up until now it tends to hurt your credibility.

Alphadawg intends to keep up his ranting , disregarding the fact that the O-line should continue to improve game by game and scratching the no huddle is also helping the offense, but in his mind its all the QB Fitz that accounts for any improvement, geeesh, give me a break buddy. :thumbsup:

Maybe folks don't want to hear his BS anymore because he has a one track mind, ever thought about that?

Just my 2 cents

I have no problem with Alphadawg's post.

As for RF, at least he has a couple of 300+ yard passing performances. Trent has none. RF was third last year in QB rushing yards. Trent has been exposed at length and by many as having poor pocket presence and mobility.

RF looks pretty calm, collected, and confident out there. Periodically TE looks (and acts) totally psyched out.

I suspect that Trent has to some extent at least lost the respect and trust of his playmaking teammates because they believe he can't help make them better or successful. If he demonstrably has no confidence in himself, there is no reason for others to have confidence in him.

Trent has not looked like a good quarterback playing behind an inexperienced OL. He has for all the world looked like a mediocre quarterback behind an inexperienced OL.

Philip Rivers did a segment before the MNF game vs Denver. He said that a QB will never hit a big play if he does not trust in his instincts and in the abilities of his receivers, even if doing so necessarily involves taking on some risk. Trent never trusts in his instincts (if indeed he has them) or in the ability of his receivers to beat coverage (though both TO and Lee are good at that). Not trying spells failure with virtual certainty in the long run. At least RF will try.

I sure hope Trent can turn it around for his and our sakes. Would like nothing more than to see him succeed. Wonder (but don't know) how much of this mind numbing losing conservatism is a reflection of DJ.

Wonder (but don't know) how much of this mind numbing losing conservatism is a reflection of DJ.

Hopefully we will see if that point has even the slightest chances of having any truth to it. I haven't see it affect JP Losman and to this point I haven't seen it affect Fitz. Might be time for that Trent defense to die along with the many others. When all the onion leaves of excuses are peeled back we will probably see that Trent is truly not the guy to lead us.

Just my 2 cents

Except that I, and by the looks of it at least a few other posters, don't agree with that. I think that the biggest problem is the head coach, followed closely by the quarterback. I truly believe that a great QB makes the offense better, not that a solid OL makes a QB great. Honestly, do you think that--to a man--the Bills' OL is that much worse than that of:

Pittsburgh - allowing the 7th most sacks in the league this year with 16, 3 fewer than Buffalo, but they have the No. 2 passing offense in the league

Green Bay - allowing the most sacks in the league this year with 25, 6 more than Buffalo, but they have the No. 10 passing offense in the league

San Diego - allowing the 10th most sacks in the league this year with 15, 4 fewer than Buffalo, but they have the No. 5 passing offense in the league.

And to boot, of those three teams, only Pittsburgh's running game ranks in the top half of the league at No. 15 (Green Bay and San Diego are 19th and 32nd, respectively). I guess what I'm saying is that those teams can't block either, but they have very potent offenses.

I agree that coaching has something to do with it, yes, but no moreso than QB play. In two cases (SD and GB), those teams have similar OL play, and similarly-embattled head coaches, as Norv Turner is definitely on the hot seat, and Mike McCarthy's team went 6-10 last year despite having the No. 8 offense in the NFL. The biggest difference, in my opinion, is that they have better QBs.

My point regarding this thread is that I think some people are letting Alphadawg's opinion of Edwards (from previous posts, since he only mentioned Edwards in the one snippet that I highlighted in my last post) prevent them from considering the interesting situational question he asked. I guess if some of you read Alphadawg's original post and categorized it as "ranting", you must've read something that I didn't, because I thought it was a perfectly normal, thought-provoking post.

Again, I'm not here to defend Alphadawg, but if you're truly "tired of his BS", then perhaps you should put him on "ignore" and refrain from reading his posts, because I think you're wrong about this one.

Except that I, and by the looks of it at least a few other posters, don't agree with that. I think that the biggest problem is the head coach, followed closely by the quarterback. I truly believe that a great QB makes the offense better, not that a solid OL makes a QB great. Honestly, do you think that--to a man--the Bills' OL is that much worse than that of:

Pittsburgh - allowing the 7th most sacks in the league this year with 16, 3 fewer than Buffalo, but they have the No. 2 passing offense in the league

Green Bay - allowing the most sacks in the league this year with 25, 6 more than Buffalo, but they have the No. 10 passing offense in the league

San Diego - allowing the 10th most sacks in the league this year with 15, 4 fewer than Buffalo, but they have the No. 5 passing offense in the league.

And to boot, of those three teams, only Pittsburgh's running game ranks in the top half of the league at No. 15 (Green Bay and San Diego are 19th and 32nd, respectively). I guess what I'm saying is that those teams can't block either, but they have very potent offenses.

I agree that coaching has something to do with it, yes, but no moreso than QB play. In two cases (SD and GB), those teams have similar OL play, and similarly-embattled head coaches, as Norv Turner is definitely on the hot seat, and Mike McCarthy's team went 6-10 last year despite having the No. 8 offense in the NFL. The biggest difference, in my opinion, is that they have better QBs.

My point regarding this thread is that I think some people are letting Alphadawg's opinion of Edwards (from previous posts, since he only mentioned Edwards in the one snippet that I highlighted in my last post) prevent them from considering the interesting situational question he asked. I guess if some of you read Alphadawg's original post and categorized it as "ranting", you must've read something that I didn't, because I thought it was a perfectly normal, thought-provoking post.

Again, I'm not here to defend Alphadawg, but if you're truly "tired of his BS", then perhaps you should put him on "ignore" and refrain from reading his posts, because I think you're wrong about this one.

You are one of the most consistent posters on this board...

Hopefully we will see if that point has even the slightest chances of having any truth to it. I haven't see it affect JP Losman and to this point I haven't seen it affect Fitz. Might be time for that Trent defense to die along with the many others. When all the onion leaves of excuses are peeled back we will probably see that Trent is truly not the guy to lead us.

You are right in pointing out that JP and TE are completely different characters. Still, and especially for this reason, I find it strange that in some respects they wind up looking alike, and not just in terms of general ineffectiveness - for example being unable to accurately throw a short pass to a running back. One of Trent's attributes was supposed to be pinpoint accuracy.

You are also right about it having to do with leadership. Players need it and naturally you look to your quarterback to provide it on offence. I can remember an in game sound bite where Randy Moss was desperately imploring Daunte Culpepper to "lead us" with tears in his eyes. Daunte was looking at him like he was out of his mind, but I think the point is still valid. Trent doesn't look like much of a leader right now. I suppose it doesn't help his confidence either when TO drops a perfectly placed 40 yard bomb and guaranteed TD.

You are right in pointing out that JP and TE are completely different characters. Still, and especially for this reason, I find it strange that in some respects they wind up looking alike, and not just in terms of general ineffectiveness - for example being unable to accurately throw a short pass to a running back. One of Trent's attributes was supposed to be pinpoint accuracy.

You are also right about it having to do with leadership. Players need it and naturally you look to your quarterback to provide it on offence. I can remember an in game sound bite where Randy Moss was desperately imploring Daunte Culpepper to "lead us" with tears in his eyes. Daunte was looking at him like he was out of his mind, but I think the point is still valid. Trent doesn't look like much of a leader right now. I suppose it doesn't help his confidence either when TO drops a perfectly placed 40 yard bomb and guaranteed TD.

I think why JP and TE wind up eerily the same despite two different styles is that they had 2 of the same funamental flaws that generally spell doom for a QB:

1. Poor field vision

2. Poor performance under pressure. JP would get all out of control when things moved fast or pressure came leading to terrible decisions. Trent also seems to just bail on plays at the first sign of pressure leading to all his checkdowns. It was even highlighted this week on one of the NFL shows.

You do realize he went 13-3 in Chicago right? :thumbsup:

Jauron had one (1) winning season in his entire coaching career. One.

If you average out all his full seasons, he is 7-9 per season. That is his career average.

Even a blind squirrel ...... blah, blah, blah.