REMINDER: Sabres on Versus tonight

PromoTheRobot

Take a few hours and forget about our other sad sack pro franchise. In case you have not been following the NHL, the Sabres are 2-0-1. They have outshot their opponents by nearly 2-1 but have only scored 4 goals, but Ryan Miller has only allowed 3 goals in 3 games. Also their #1 pick, D Tyler Myers is already being hailed as one of the NHL's breakout players. It's on Versus at 7pm. Enjoy.

PTR

Myers is easily Calder Trophy material (rookie of the year) and I suspect he will be in the running for a good share of Norris Trophies in the coming years. I hate that I get this excited about a young player but it's hard not to when you see him play.

I like the direction Lindy has taken the team. They are better defensively, Miller is a rock and the offense is still good ... it's due to erupt for some goals sooner rather than later. Let's hope this will be a season like 2005-06 where they came out of nowhere. They definitely have the pieces to make a lot of noise, it's just a matter of showing up on a nightly basis.

the sabres organization looks like the New England Patriots after immersing myself in the misery of the Bills the past 3 days.

The sad part is they were becoming the NHL's Patriots a few years ago. But instead of keeping their studs, they bet on the young guns and that plan backfired the last two seasons.

Maybe we'll see the payoff now?

I did get my Center Ice 50% off since they didn't have Versus but that isn't helping me tonight. WTF.

So on the phone with them now...told them I wasn't cancelling, but my form of protest was going to be to call them everyday and B word until they got versus back.....gave me my HD service for free for a year so thats $120, CI is like $139 i think...bettern than nothing a guess

So on the phone with them now...told them I wasn't cancelling, but my form of protest was going to be to call them everyday and B word until they got versus back.....gave me my HD service for free for a year so thats $120, CI is like $139 i think...bettern than nothing a guess

I've been e-mailing about every other day: versus@directv.com

Actually got a non-form reply last week..."call us, we would like to help you, etc..." I just told them to hurry up and get VS back. I'm afraid, this fight will be very long. If we're lucky, VS will be back for the playoffs, but I'm not counting on it.

I did get my Center Ice 50% off since they didn't have Versus but that isn't helping me tonight. WTF.

Didn't chase them for any money. Damn Comcast owns Versus so their screwing DTV around I guess. Kinda ridiculous having to watch the Sharks opener on the internet because it was on Versus. Was looking forward to the Sabre game tonight and couldn't see that one. Should really call them and whine I guess.

Didn't chase them for any money. Damn Comcast owns Versus so their screwing DTV around I guess. Kinda ridiculous having to watch the Sharks opener on the internet because it was on Versus. Was looking forward to the Sabre game tonight and couldn't see that one. Should really call them and whine I guess.

Dish Network gets Versus. I'm tempted. Does anyone have Dish?

Dish Network gets Versus. I'm tempted. Does anyone have Dish?

I've had Dish for four years now and love it. By far the best DVR in the business. The only knock on it is they don't have NFL Sunday Ticket but they do have NFL RedZone.

Damn Comcast owns Versus so their screwing DTV around I guess.

That's why I don't think companies should be allowed to own content AND the distribution medium as it creates unfair anti-competitive situations. It's the main reason I am anti-Bluray, since Sony owns the hardware, the movies, and the medium.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/artic...ssetId=P6220002

"DIRECTV was already paying Comcast more than any other non-Comcast distributor to air Versus — and now Comcast is demanding an overall rate hike of 20% on top of that. Comcast also forces DIRECTV to make Versus available to a much larger portion of our customer base at our own expense than they require from other TV providers — most notably, DISH Network."

That's why I don't think companies should be allowed to own content AND the distribution medium as it creates unfair anti-competitive situations. It's the main reason I am anti-Bluray, since Sony owns the hardware, the movies, and the medium.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/artic...ssetId=P6220002

"DIRECTV was already paying Comcast more than any other non-Comcast distributor to air Versus — and now Comcast is demanding an overall rate hike of 20% on top of that. Comcast also forces DIRECTV to make Versus available to a much larger portion of our customer base at our own expense than they require from other TV providers — most notably, DISH Network."

Puck Daddy Blog

"The bad news is that DirecTV continues to muddy the waters in this dispute by claiming that Versus is asking for an untenable rate hike; which is a statement that's picked up by local media whenever this dispute hits home. As we reported exclusively this month, Versus has a "zero total dollar increase" proposal on the table that apparently hasn't greased the gears to end this standoff -- even if it rendered the DirecTV "rate hike" outrage moot. "

So the DTV website blames Versus. Puck Daddy on Yahoo.com says what DTV claims is not true. So who do you believe?

PTR

Puck Daddy Blog

"The bad news is that DirecTV continues to muddy the waters in this dispute by claiming that Versus is asking for an untenable rate hike; which is a statement that's picked up by local media whenever this dispute hits home. As we reported exclusively this month, Versus has a "zero total dollar increase" proposal on the table that apparently hasn't greased the gears to end this standoff -- even if it rendered the DirecTV "rate hike" outrage moot. "

So the DTV website blames Versus. Puck Daddy on Yahoo.com says what DTV claims is not true. So who do you believe?

PTR

The article said:

" As for the rate increases DirecTV says are at the heart of this dispute, there is a "zero total dollar increase" on the table from Versus. In other words, if subscriptions continue to grow, the amount of money DirecTV will pay Versus will not. According to the network, this proposal was presented in the negotiation several days ago and DirecTV hasn't responded to it -- despite continuing to claim in recent media reports that Versus is trying to "jack up our rates.""

The "in other words" part of that says that if subscriptions grow, the money DirecTV has to pay won't. It doesn't say that the initial amount they have to pay to continue carrying Versus is not going up.

In other words, if they paid $1/customer for a total of $16M last year, Comcast could still be saying, "Pay us $1.20/customer, for a total of $19.2M, but if you get more customers 6 months from now, you won't have to pay us any more."