Brady Quinn

Mopreme

Should Bills trade for Quinn to either replace Edwards or at least give him competition? The guy can play and just fell into the doghouse. I think a 2nd and a receiver (parrish, reed,etc.) for Quinn would be fair. Thoughts.

Yeah bring Quinn in. He can't even complete a four or five yard pass. So we could go from "Captain Check Down" to "Major More Punts". At the very least Quinn would be another head case - project trying to learn the QB postion behind the worst OL in NFL history. And you want to trade players for him? The only players the Bills should trade for before the deadline this year are: better OL-men, better LB's or just plain draft picks.

Should Bills trade for Quinn to either replace Edwards or at least give him competition? The guy can play and just fell into the doghouse. I think a 2nd and a receiver (parrish, reed,etc.) for Quinn would be fair. Thoughts.

A second ? Really ? AND a receiver ? See what Matt Cassell netted NE* and Cassell was the starter for a year, did quite well playing and led his team to a winning season.

I have not seen Quinn playing but if we are going to get him, no more than a third pick.

Browns system is garbage.Their coach doesn't like quinn either. Look at B. Edwards. He played well for the Jets against Dolphins. Quinn could do the same and is an upgrade over Edwards. Wilson will never pay top 10 money to rookie qb. Bring in quinn whose bonus has already been paid out by browns and upgrade the lines via draft. 2nd may be too high but a 3rd would be good. Throw in parrish too.

:thumbsup:

Some people are willing to try anything. :thumbsup: Desperation!

uh, I think this team qualifies as desperate. Our starting OLB this week is our version of Invincible. Our MLB is skinny. Our other OLB is ??? Our QB is lost, our Oline is maligned, our passing attack is passing gas, there is no attack. I'd say we are desperate.

We have had two offensive touchdowns in our last 6 home games. Two TD's in 24 quarters. At Home. And we will keep our coach for continuity. And we won't change our QB because we don't want to hurt his feelings. And Ralph won't come out at halftime because he does not want to show his face.

Talent prognosticators were saying that Quinn, who is a workout warrior, became too muscular and brolic to play the QB position. Scouts and personnel like their QBs to be built like Tom Brady.

This was one of the reason he fell in the draft.

Makes you wonder WTF he was thinking. If I get all jacked up like a linebacker, they'll think I'm Tim Tebow.

Browns system is garbage.Their coach doesn't like quinn either. Look at B. Edwards. He played well for the Jets against Dolphins. Quinn could do the same and is an upgrade over Edwards. Wilson will never pay top 10 money to rookie qb. Bring in quinn whose bonus has already been paid out by browns and upgrade the lines via draft. 2nd may be too high but a 3rd would be good. Throw in parrish too.

What film in the NFL gives evidence that Quinn would be an upgrade over Edwards?

Adding Quinn would be akin to adding Trent's doppleganger. He can't/won't throw down field and has poor pocket awareness. Neither are very crafty with the ball or project any presence.

Fact is, there are guys like Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez who were drafted THIS YEAR that already look better than Quinn and Edwards, and guys like Flacco and Matt Ryan that have just over one year under their belt that are light years ahead of Q and E.

Some guys get it, some don't. Whether it's their fault, or their circumstance, lots of guys are just not going pan out. The only difference is, over the last 10 years the Bills and Browns have been making the wrong decisions way more often than the teams that are winning, and that's with coaching changes, management changes and lots of roster turnover. The only thing left to blame is ownership.

well we could have drafted him, but had other holes to fill. But you would think if we wanted him, we would have drafted him or traded up like the browns did to get him

Deck chairs, Titanic, you know the line.

The one thing that might make a difference is to tell Van Pelt that the no huddle experiment is over and that the scheme and play calling is going to play to whatever strengths this team has. There is no way with the guys they have playing OL that they can be successful by not communicating. 9 false starts at home. Stupid is as stupid does.

The one thing that might make a difference is to tell Van Pelt that the no huddle experiment is over and that the scheme and play calling is going to play to whatever strengths this team has. There is no way with the guys they have playing OL that they can be successful by not communicating. 9 false starts at home. Stupid is as stupid does.

Fully agree. Had my doubts this inexperienced line and personnel could pull off the no huddle successfully and is being sadly confirmed. Huddle up, change blocking schemes, get Runyan - do whatever is necessary to put a semblance of an NFL offense on the field. If protection changes for the better, then we can hope to see a more effective Trent.

Trading a scared, weak-armed hesitant QB for an under-achieving underwear model QB is an act of futility.

Draft a young kid and build an offense around him.....Sanchez, Stafford, Flacco, etc..

I am all for stocking up on QBs and having Gruden licking his chops like a kid in a candy store at an opportunity to decide who gets to start. BTW, the way the Browns are unloading talent give them a 5th and a couple of kicking tees and thats good value for Quinn.

Talent prognosticators were saying that Quinn, who is a workout warrior, became too muscular and brolic to play the QB position. Scouts and personnel like their QBs to be built like Tom Brady.

This was one of the reason he fell in the draft.

These same prognosticators were trashing Derrick Anderson after his 2007 pro bowl season. I always thought he got a raw deal on that, I'm not saying he's a consistant pro bowl QB and he will throw some head-scratcher interceptions but so does Brett Favre. Bottom line is Derrick Anderson can play, and it's good to see him back starting. I think he's leaving Cleveland (he was quoted in the PD saying he's just playing out his contract right now) when his contract expires in 2 yrs.

Brady is very much an unknown so I think it's too early to trash him. He's not a gunslinger like DA but has shown me some glimpses of promise when he's been in there. Problem is the Browns are pretty much like us. No coaching or front office consistancy and I think their OC sucks this year also.

Edit:

edited out link to Plain Dealer and am revising this post because of article by news herald: http://news-herald.com/articles/2009/10/14...1f806505732.txt. Not sure if anything the PD's been discussing is true.

I also saw somewhere that Trent's contract is up after this season. Even if he did turn things around, what are the chances he would actually want to stay here anyways? I think we'll be needing a quarterback, one way or another.

Pass - not a stellar QB out of college (hence his drop in the draft) and if we have learned one thing in Buffalo - given the conditions that they play in the QB has to have a gun. I know Edwards arm strength is not as pathetic as some on the board suggest but I also wonder how his average arm hurts his chances of success in Buffalo.