A Few Thoughts About The Game

I was at the game Sunday; this will be brief:

1) I want to thank all of my old and new friends for once again being so kind to us. It was absolutely wonderful to see you people, and I anxiously await the trip next year.

2) Despite the boos, the fans were cheering and supporting this team. I was actually quite touched by, and proud of our fanbase.

3) Trent is shot.

4) Terrance Pennington is great compared to our OTs. Ours are unspeakably bad. Bell? Yeah, OK. I think that he is as bad as it gets, but who knows....maybe he will get worse?

5) I cannot visualise this team winning another game. My very sincere advice to all is to continue to root for them, but make no emotional investment in them winning because it isn't about to happen.

6) The chickens have come home to roost. Now, even our special teams suck. Leodis McKelvin and Roscoe Parrish have both cost us a game this season. Oh yeah......they were both first picks of our drafts. They are nothing but "gadget players," and this is how we built this franchise. If I was Ralph I would cut Parrish, fire every decision making person person in the front office, and every last coach......INCLUDING Bobby April. He does not deserve a promotion; he deserves to be shown the door along with the other incompetents.

7) George Wilson is good.

8) Once again, I am proud to be a Bills Fan, as well as honored to be accepted into this community. Every last thing about the trip was great other than this indescribingly dismal game. Forgive the lack of observations, etc.; it wouldn't be worth reading.

9) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I want to thank all of my old and new friends for once again being so kind to us. It was absolutely wonderful to see you people, and I anxiously await the trip next year.

2) Despite the boos, the fans were cheering and supporting this team. I was actually quite touched by, and proud of our fanbase.

3) Trent is shot.

4) Terrance Pennington is great compared to our OTs. Ours are unspeakably bad. Bell? Yeah, OK. I think that he is as bad as it gets, but who knows....maybe he will get worse?

5) I cannot visualise this team winning another game. My very sincere advice to all is to continue to root for them, but make no emotional investment in them winning because it isn't about to happen.

6) The chickens have come home to roost. Now, even our special teams suck. Leodis McKelvin and Roscoe Parrish have both cost us a game this season. Oh yeah......they were both first picks of our drafts. They are nothing but "gadget players," and this is how we built this franchise. If I was Ralph I would cut Parrish, fire every decision making person person in the front office, and every last coach......INCLUDING Bobby April. He does not deserve a promotion; he deserves to be shown the door along with the other incompetents.

8) Once again, I am proud to be a Bills Fan, as well as honored to be accepted into this community. Every last thing about the trip was great other than this indescribingly dismal game. Forgive the lack of observations, etc.; it wouldn't be worth reading.

#3 - Trent is not shot, he's ****. (replace the o with an i).

#6 - McKelvin is hardly a gimmick player. He was one of our starting CBs and will be next season.

Love the comparison to Pennington. I've thought the same. In many respects, it's been like that year when Pennington started; everyone knew he wasn't good, but no one acknowledged it.

I purposedly watched our LT every time TE passed. I mean this guy is the worst I've ever seen. Any up-field rush requires just one extra step and the DE is around Bell and coming after TE. As much as I believe TE is poop, he does at least know the blind side is coming at him down after down, every down. I guess I would check down too

3) Trent is shot.

Bill: No praise for Robert Royal? He played well for the Bills yesterday.

I would add to #7 that Jarius Byrd is also good. He was the only player who stood out to me yesterday. He was flying around and really laid some hits on Jamal Lewis. The interception was nice as well. Again, the only player I could flat out say who was giving it everything he had.

I appreciate the comments Bill. I agree 100%. TE is shot - any chance he had to be a competent QB is gone with this sorry excuse for a line. I can not see him getting it together now. I also see no additional wins this year. The Jets are likley to win by 40 points next week.

3) Trent is shot.

Five years of dominance followed by one year of being crappy does not equal incompetence. I'm pissed about the special teams, too, but can't they just have a down year? Were the last five years just an extended fluke, and these five games are the real deal? Or did April just forget how to coach this offseason?

April and Bob Sanders are the only two members of the coaching staff that I'd really like to be retained.

Thanks for posting. At this point I get more out of reading your posts than I do watching the game.

Any fan of the Bills in the 70's should be capable of riding though this storm, no matter how hard it is to take on a week to week basis. The newbie's I'm not sure about.

Five years of dominance followed by one year of being crappy does not equal incompetence. I'm pissed about the special teams, too, but can't they just have a down year? Were the last five years just an extended fluke, and these five games are the real deal? Or did April just forget how to coach this offseason?

April and Bob Sanders are the only two members of the coaching staff that I'd really like to be retained.

Bobby April at least seems to coach with some enthusiasm. The collapse of the special teams into completely undisciplined play is troubling, however. Are they that bad as players or is he simply unable to reach them? Whatever the reason, if it does not change he will be exiting stage left with the rest of these chumps.

I share your frustration, but I disagree on some of your points.

McElvin is not a gadget player. When he's healthy he's a quality starting CB and a good kick return man. He made a costly turnover that cost us a game, but he's far more valuable than you're giving him credit.

Parrish was a 2nd round pick. He's shown the abililty to be a game changing return man, but he's never developed into a top receiver. If we can trade him for a late round pick before the deadline I think it'll be a win/win for both.

I don't think TE is shot. How many QB's can overcome 9 false starts. That was absolutely pathetic. That falls directly into the lap of the coaches. I strongly feel that our problem starts with the head coach. I think if we bring in a QUALITY head coach that knows how to prepare a game plan and run an offense we become light years better.