Things are making a lot of sense now.......

PIZ

Fred Jackson says in this report that "we know what we are doing now." That is the best news I've heard in a while.

Walker was never going to work in the no huddle even at RT. This line is now set-up to run a fast tempo offense - no fat slobs. We now have an athletic left tackle. Fred Jackson may be a better running back for this offense than Lynch. We have the receivers. Hopefully the QB. We now have a coordinator that understands how to run the no huddle.

Buffalo Bills.com

“I think the biggest change I’ve seen is the speed of the offense,” said Jackson. ”We’re moving a lot faster with the no-huddle, I think we’re getting plays off seven-eight seconds faster than we were before and I think a lot of the guys are buying into it. We know what we’re doing now.”

If the firing of Turk proves to be the catalyst of this offense... I'll be the first to publicly thanks Dick Jauron.

Here's hoping it works!

absolutely. i'll be in the stands with my son, a couple true beleiver's in a sea of heathens.

i had to laugh at this comment:

If Buffalo can execute quickly and effectively to keep Belichick from changing personnel groupings it could be a big edge for Buffalo.

that would be edge number 1...historically speaking anyway.

absolutely. i'll be in the stands with my son, a couple true beleiver's in a sea of heathens.

If Buffalo can execute quickly and effectively to keep Belichick from changing personnel groupings it could be a big edge for Buffalo.

haha I saw that too and just started shaking my head

like the trouble he had shutting down Jim Kelly and our cast of all pro's / Hall of famers in superbowl 25? Yeah I really don't see Bill losing sleep over this.

like the trouble he had shutting down Jim Kelly and our cast of all pro's / Hall of famers in superbowl 25? Yeah I really don't see Bill losing sleep over this.
He slowed them down by having his defenders fake injuries. Many times guys almost carted off field only to be back 2 plays later. Once a cheater always a cheater

The Giants did that by RUNNING & keeping the ball away from the Bills offense. The Pats* have one good RB in Fred Taylor.

Yep-this is one of the few Fails by GM Polian. Other than Bruce, that D line stunk and please don't tell me Hanson just another over-rated high motor guy who was made because he had Bruce on the other side

Seems to be adding up - Jauron's confirmed desire to speed things up, Schonert's rube-goldberg-style offense getting the axe, Walker getting cut and the recent quotes from TO and Fred Jackson seem to indicate that they are fully committed to a high octane, fast paced, down the field passing attack.

Let's hope the no huddle can hide the inexperience of the OL.

Seems to be adding up - Jauron's confirmed desire to speed things up, Schonert's rube-goldberg-style offense getting the axe, Walker getting cut and the recent quotes from TO and Fred Jackson seem to indicate that they are fully committed to a high octane, fast paced, down the field passing attack.

Shame they couldn't figure that stuff out a month ago.

I really like the quote:

“I think the biggest change I’ve seen is the speed of the offense,” said Jackson. ”We’re moving a lot faster with the no-huddle, I think we’re getting plays off seven-eight seconds faster than we were before and I think a lot of the guys are buying into it. We know what we’re doing now.”

This must mean that they're actually getting called and to the field a lot quicker - I'm over watching Trent look at the sidelines for the play, then have to call it and get it off at the last second! AVP could really be The Man in Buffalo this year...

Fred Jackson says in this report that "we know what we are doing now." That is the best news I've heard in a while.

Walker was never going to work in the no huddle even at RT. This line is now set-up to run a fast tempo offense - no fat slobs. We now have an athletic left tackle. Fred Jackson may be a better running back for this offense than Lynch. We have the receivers. Hopefully the QB. We now have a coordinator that understands how to run the no huddle.

Buffalo Bills.com

It looks an awful lot like a straw, but I'll cling to it.

You are a brave brave soul...but man, if the bills pulled the upset of the century...You and your son could walk

out of that stadium as Kings!! God bless ya!

Shame they couldn't figure that stuff out a month ago.

Cripes... a rb of all, saying "we now know what we are doing now" or whatever he said, boggles the mind. After 5 preseason games... :unsure:

If I were his head coach, he'd be in my office snap snap, and I'd give him some education, and tell him he won't be getting the game 1 start. He can go in on play #2, but assuming he has a typical contract that pays out for starts, he loses that cash.

Never utter words that imply your club is not prepared. Never.

The no huddle offense was crappy because Walker was too fat??

ah, yeah. That's it. All better now.

Or maybe it was because:

- Walker was too fat

- The tempo was too slow

- The plays being called often made no sense for the situation (see crossing routes one game, none the next)

- The calls were coming in from the Coord way too slow

- The formations tipped the D off to the play

- The O Coordnator wanted to run HIS show, not the coaches

- It sounds like AVP is actually getting input from the positional coaches and players where is sounds like Turk wasn't

- Under Turk the plays didn't call for downfield passing, under AVP they do (or so says T.O.)

Did I miss anything?

I really like the quote:

This must mean that they're actually getting called and to the field a lot quicker - I'm over watching Trent look at the sidelines for the play, then have to call it and get it off at the last second! AVP could really be The Man in Buffalo this year...

until the offence has one bad game, then its back to the "same ol' same ol' " in Buffalo trying to run him and anyone else ever associated with the franchise ot of town.

Buffalo Bills.com

thats good to hear. i know when reporters interviewed hangartner and reed during the lions game, they both said the no huddle was a work in progress and did not show that they believed in it.

For the zillionth time, Belichick's D did NOTHING to stop the Bills in SBXXV. Unless you count giving up a point a minute as stopping someone.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep-this is one of the few Fails by GM Polian. Other than Bruce, that D line stunk and please don't tell me Hanson just another over-rated high motor guy who was made because he had Bruce on the other side

Well, seeing as how Leon Seals was the LDE opposite Smith that year, why would anyone bring up Hanson? If you don't know your history, you're just making it up.

GO BILLS!!!

Cripes... a rb of all, saying "we now know what we are doing now" or whatever he said, boggles the mind. After 5 preseason games... :lol:

If I were his head coach, he'd be in my office snap snap, and I'd give him some education, and tell him he won't be getting the game 1 start. He can go in on play #2, but assuming he has a typical contract that pays out for starts, he loses that cash.

Never utter words that imply your club is not prepared. Never.

:thumbsup:

oh jeez.

Buffalo Bills.com

why is it that the Bills continually insist on running schemes that don't fit the personnel they have.

they knew Walker was fat and slow - it's not like this happened overnight

They spend years acquiring talent and then adamantly pound the round peg into the square hole

If the Bills had a legitimate NT in the 90's they'd probably have at least 2 rings. There was no way Jeff Wright was ever going to command a double team and that was tragic considering you had Hansen and Smith on the ends.

Buffalo Bills.com

Hmmmmm...sounds like the Doughboy might know what he's doing, but we'll see how he actually calls the plays during the Monday Night Slaughter.

Buffalo Bills.com

This is the first optimistic reading of the Walker cutting that makes any sense to me- while your optimism offends me I cannot assail your logic, well played sir, well played.

I guess we will all find out next Monday.

You are a brave brave soul...but man, if the bills pulled the upset of the century...You and your son could walk

out of that stadium as Kings!! God bless ya!

There are many brave souls heading to Gillette fag ass corporate stadium to root on the Bills.

I've seen all the preseason games. TO caught 2 fine passes at the top of game 1, and then disappeared. The affect of having him on the field is yet to be felt. I could sense that the Bills were not running anything except vanilla plays, merely for the sake of evaluating talent.

I watched Bell in the game v. Chicago, and he looked really good. No mistakes, and athletic.

The key to beating New England may be getting a pass rush on Brady. If they can pop him a few times, force a couple turnovers, the Bills can win that game.