Poor Trent Edwards

gjv001

How would you like to start the season against the Patriots with an offensive line made up with two rookie guards, a rookie LT, and a center who was a back up last year in Carolina. On top of all that he has a TO who will be following him on the sideline complaining to that he's not getting him the ball. If I was him I'd ask my agent to get me traded ASAP.

How would you like to start the season against the Patriots with an offensive line made up with two rookie guards, a rookie LT, and a center who was a back up last year in Carolina. On top of all that he has a TO who will be following him on the sideline complaining to that he's not getting him the ball. If I was him I'd ask my agent to get me traded ASAP.

Trent's Agent just sent him this text --->> Throw two quick pick sixes and get benched. Let Fitzy take all the punishment. We'll blame the FO and the o-line when you look for your next team. Who won't believe us?

While that is way to funny, it is entirely on point. He should be used to it, and even more than that be able to thrive in it!!! :thumbdown:

Bad news guys...he didnt thrive in it in college either where he had only ONE 300 yard game in all of college and he did not win a game in his last year there. In fact, Stanford only won ONE game during Trents final year and it was the game Trent didnt play in becuase he was hurt...

In all honesty though, I think our O Line will finish the year better than last years unit. We may have a NEW line, but IMO its a more talented line in whole with way more upside now. It may struggle for a while, but in the long run it will better off.

None of it matters though, even when the line would hold its own and give Trent all the time in the world Trent still couldnt move the ball last year or this preseason. I am more concerned about the quality of our QB who hasnt produced at any level since high school than the quality of our line.

Although all of that is probably mute anyway, because with such a young line someone is bound to give up a sack that knocks fragile Trent out and this quickly becomes Fitz's team or (Tarvaris Jacksons team or maybe D. Andersons team via trade).

Ooooh...my arm....I think it's broken. Noonan will play. Forget the no-huddle, go to a wishbone or the T formation or the Single Wing or whatever the hell. Keep Trent alive for awhile. I'd huddle every play to cut down on the number of plays they have to run, go shotgun every play and just get rid of the ball asap. 20 dump passes, check downs and screens and run it 40 times a game. Run the wildcat with Roscoe. Punt on third down. Quick kicks. I'm out of ideas. Should be fun to watch. Optimism is at an all-time high.

Ooooh...my arm....I think it's broken. Noonan will play. Forget the no-huddle, go to a wishbone or the T formation or the Single Wing or whatever the hell. Keep Trent alive for awhile. I'd huddle every play to cut down on the number of plays they have to run, go shotgun every play and just get rid of the ball asap. 20 dump passes, check downs and screens and run it 40 times a game. Run the wildcat with Roscoe. Punt on third down. Quick kicks. I'm out of ideas. Should be fun to watch. Optimism is at an all-time high.

As if Walker was doing a decent job. Nothing has changed from yesterday except more deadwood thrown out.

Why do you people even bother coming on these boards to whine about the Bills. You all act like you know everything that the FO should be doing and criticize every decision the make. Trent is a talented smart QB that has been the brunt of all you love-em/hate-em so called wanna be loyal fans. Of course he looked like crap this off season, Schonert didn't game plan for any pre-season game. Schonert didn't see eye to eye with anyone on the offense, much less Trent.

And for all the responses that will quote his performance last year, we had a bad receiving corp. It wasn't to hard for a defense to double cover Evans leaving Trent with no-hands Reed and 5'8" $1.60 Roscoe Parrish. Defensives haven't seen our offense this year and neither have any of you. T.O. played one series!! Schonert was the most predictable play caller and did I already mention that no one on the offensive liked him or his offensive scheme.

I can't stand fans that do nothing but complain, I wouldn't even call yourself a fan.

the season hasn't even started and you've already quit on your team.

If we are 1-7 come the bye week then feel free to load the boards with all your pessimistic bull.

Lets go Buffalo! There are still true, loyal fans that haven't given up

Why do you people even bother coming on these boards to whine about the Bills. You all act like you know everything that the FO should be doing and criticize every decision the make. Trent is a talented smart QB that has been the brunt of all you love-em/hate-em so called wanna be loyal fans. Of course he looked like crap this off season, Schonert didn't game plan for any pre-season game. Schonert didn't see eye to eye with anyone on the offense, much less Trent.

And for all the responses that will quote his performance last year, we had a bad receiving corp. It wasn't to hard for a defense to double cover Evans leaving Trent with no-hands Reed and 5'8" $1.60 Roscoe Parrish. Defensives haven't seen our offense this year and neither have any of you. T.O. played one series!! Schonert was the most predictable play caller and did I already mention that no one on the offensive liked him or his offensive scheme.

I can't stand fans that do nothing but complain, I wouldn't even call yourself a fan.

If we are 1-7 come the bye week then feel free to load the boards with all your pessimistic bull.

Another apologist...let me tell you where you went wrong (they are in bold) above...

1. Talented and smart? On what grounds? He may be a smart man, but he definitely has not been a smart QB and clearly struggles to read defenses and get rid of the ball. He makes bad decison after bad decision...

2. Looked like crap this offseason? How about he looked like crap in 8 of his 12.5 starts last year and was terrible in the second half and horrendus in every divisional game. In fact, we cant beat a team with a winning record with Trent at the helm and in those losses Trent has poor games. So why do you act like he all of a sudden looks like crap?

3. Our WR core last year was not the worst in the league, and there were QB's far more productive last year with a LOT less at WR. Secondly, your comment on Reed shows your Trent apologist side because Reed has great hands and was clutch for this team last year. This offense really regressed when he got hurt.

4. And on your point about what is a fan...you are a total biased homer if you are incapable of objectively looking at players, personell decisions, etc. and be prepared to criticize or question them...in fact, if you cant do that you have no businsess being on a message board designed to do just that.

So go stomp your feet, cloes your eyes, and plug your ears and call the Whaaaa-bulance if you cant take your beloved team coming under analytical evaluation...

:thumbdown: uh huh...The kool-aid stand is two blocks down. Pick up a packet of crazy on the way.

How in the hell did the Bills end up in this mess? How do you make it a priority to rebuild your O-line in recent years and end up with this? How do you end up paying over $100 million a year for this roster? Can anyone explain how you end up with this team when 3 years ago you knew you sucked and had to make changes? How do get here from there?

The Green Mile . . . .

I feel sorry for both him and our RBs.

I'm still not sure what to think of Edwards. I'm not a apologist for him. I'm not a fan boy either. I do think he hasn't had a fair shake yet though. Between a dink and dunk neutered offensive game plan, a unstable, less than average line, I have no idea what this guy can or can't do yet. I do know that if he was a scrambler type qb he might be able to make more plays. Not his deal though. I don't really like those type of qbs long term anyway. The same can be said for Lynch. I really want to see what kinda punishment he can dish out with even a average line. Hope we get to see it one day.

Another apologist...let me tell you where you went wrong (they are in bold) above...

1. Talented and smart? On what grounds? He may be a smart man, but he definitely has not been a smart QB and clearly struggles to read defenses and get rid of the ball. He makes bad decison after bad decision...

2. Looked like crap this offseason? How about he looked like crap in 8 of his 12.5 starts last year and was terrible in the second half and horrendus in every divisional game. In fact, we cant beat a team with a winning record with Trent at the helm and in those losses Trent has poor games. So why do you act like he all of a sudden looks like crap?

3. Our WR core last year was not the worst in the league, and there were QB's far more productive last year with a LOT less at WR. Secondly, your comment on Reed shows your Trent apologist side because Reed has great hands and was clutch for this team last year. This offense really regressed when he got hurt.

4. And on your point about what is a fan...you are a total biased homer if you are incapable of objectively looking at players, personell decisions, etc. and be prepared to criticize or question them...in fact, if you cant do that you have no businsess being on a message board designed to do just that.

So go stomp your feet, cloes your eyes, and plug your ears and call the Whaaaa-bulance if you cant take your beloved team coming under analytical evaluation...

You mean like your long lost love JP Losman??

If you aprreciated/understood irony, you would have laughed at this post.