Should the Bills shutdown the Parrish Experiment

ganesh

I haven't seen any discussion on this... Twice during the 1st quarter on 3rd down, Edwards went to Roscoe Parrish and both times, Parrish could not get the ball to make a play.

Should the Bills stop pretending that Parrish is their #2 or #3 Wideout in the absence of TO and actually start playing Steve Johnson more into the starting rotation. At this point Parrish and Evans together do not form a good WR combination on the field especially when Edwards is hesitant to throw the ball down field.

I think the Bills really need to just bite the bullet and just let Parrish do the Punt returns and focus on real WRs in the game.

I haven't seen any discussion on this... Twice during the 1st quarter on 3rd down, Edwards went to Roscoe Parrish and both times, Parrish could not get the ball to make a play.

Should the Bills stop pretending that Parrish is their #2 or #3 Wideout in the absence of TO and actually start playing Steve Johnson more into the starting rotation. At this point Parrish and Evans together do not form a good WR combination on the field especially when Edwards is hesitant to throw the ball down field.

I think the Bills really need to just bite the bullet and just let Parrish do the Punt returns and focus on real WRs in the game.

I watched NFL yearbook of last season on NFL network the other day. Kinda interesting how many

nice grabs and returns they showed of him.

As much as I like Maxim, err, Roscoe Parrish, maybe it is time to let him just focus on returns.

Parrish is an excellent return man, but, it is pretty obvious, by now, the kid just can't catch the football, and, he is not physical enough to out-battle tougher defenders... honestly, and I am not saying I want it to happen, I won't be shocked to see him get cut. When Losman was in there last season, he went to Parrish a few times, long, when he was open...Parrish dropped the ball pretty much every time... I recall him making one great catch, during garbage time against the Pats... a team much more talented, and better coached could probably do more, offensively, with Parrish...but it doesn't look like it is going to happen in WNY...

Josh Reed has much more value as a wide receiver.

He certainly had a few opportunities in the game and failed in each instance. Johnson can't be any worse, can he?

On about Fitz' third play in the game after he hit someone on the run for an 18 or so yard gain on 2nd & 10 he hit Rosco on the sidelines for a 9 yard gain. Did you miss that one? Nice grab. I think Roscoe's alleged problems are more due to the passer.

Yeah I think that Parrish should just stick to returns and some slot work. I think on screens and the occasional deep ball he can excel but as a number 2 he just can't cut it. I would rather see Hardy in there. But yeah Steve Johnson should get the nod over Parrish. Johnson has the potential skill set to be at least a solid number 2.

I can't kill DJ for putting Parish in just to see what he has (After all these games don't count) but you could tell early you needed to get him out of that spot.

The Parrish Experiment gets shut down every Sunday trying to get off the line of scrimmage.

They seem to throw to him on routes he is not equipped to run. He seems to run stops, hitches, etc. and doesn't get much seperation from the defender. He is small----so it is easier for the defender to knock the ball down, or blow him up and prevent the catch. If he were able to run slants and crossing patterns he'd have more space, and be more productive. He might take some pretty big hits though going through the middle---maybe why they don't do this more?

Either way, I think S. Johnson is a better option----and TO is really the only guy on our roster who excels at those routes. I think/hope we see a different offense all together with him back in there.

I fully agree with you on this point. I think pretending and hoping that he is a legitimate #2 or #3 is hampering the development of Steve Johnson. That kid plays with enthusiasm and should be given more chances in the absence of TO and Hardy, during the pre-season.

Let's be real here, he is just not able to effectively release off the line when DB's jam him, I would hope that the reason why he is getting more opportunities is to give one more last look to see if he can get the job done, and ideally I believe they are hoping they can ship him off somewhere.

I think a 5th rounder for him sounds about right.

There have been many posts on this topic. But to answer your question Parrish is an overpaid but awsome punt returner. That is all he is.

I guess it is Monday morning and I'm a bit crabby but what is with these treads?

Roscoe is the 4th receiver on the depth chart. I challenge anybody here b-tching about him to show me a team that has a better playmaker in the 4th slot.

On about Fitz' third play in the game after he hit someone on the run for an 18 or so yard gain on 2nd & 10 he hit Rosco on the sidelines for a 9 yard gain. Did you miss that one? Nice grab. I think Roscoe's alleged problems are more due to the passer.

Good point - instead of Roscoe, I think it's time to shut down the 'Edwards Experiment'.

I guess it is Monday morning and I'm a bit crabby but what is with these treads?

Roscoe is the 4th receiver on the depth chart. I challenge anybody here b-tching about him to show me a team that has a better playmaker in the 4th slot.

If he is 4th then why does he "start" when TO goes down? If he is such a playmaker why does it no translate to results. Please just look at his stats. You and many others want to believe that his punt return abilities translate into offensive playmaking abilities. They never have.

Yeah ... yeah start with the if he was coached properly or if there was a better QB ... blah .. blah .. blah

Not one team in the league is buting down the trade door for the guy. It is common knowledge that the Bills have too many wide receivers so if somebody really believed he was a playmaker they would be offering up something in exchange.

Again, look at his stats ... they say... loudly ... that he is not a NFL receiver.