Ha -- Edwards calls out Sully

eball

Bite me, Sullivan

Call him "Captain Checkdown" or whatever else you want -- I love that Edwards challenged that blowhard Sullivan to let him know exactly which throws he should have made. Brilliant!

I hate sully, but he's right this time and Edwards is wrong. there were several games last year where edwards checked off and didn't see evans open downfield last year (especially after the concussion).

this would have been a good time for edwards to keep his mouth shut, and worry about the first team O actually getting the ball in the endzone

I hate sully, but he's right this time and Edwards is wrong. there were several games last year where edwards checked off and didn't see evans open downfield last year (especially after the concussion).

this would have been a good time for edwards to keep his mouth shut, and worry about the first team O actually getting the ball in the endzone

Sully wouldn't know the difference between an out and a post if you handed him a playbook. He's a rabble rouser who blows in the direction of the prevailing winds.

I dont blame Edwards for wanting to shortarm the ball. With the Bills Ole' offensive line he has no time. Time for screens, draws, playaction passes. Anything to get Edwards out of the maelstrom.

Call him "Captain Checkdown" or whatever else you want -- I love that Edwards challenged that blowhard Sullivan to let him know exactly which throws he should have made. Brilliant!

I think it makes Trent look foolish, especially when Sully is right to question the dynamics of the offense. He should just keep his mouth shut and play football.

Bite me, Sullivan

Please, your buddy Trent is proving to be just another whiny, blowhard below average Bills QB. Example, just listened to WGR on my way in and they had a clip of him talking about it was the first 3-4 they faced all preseason and since last year against New England! Sorry about that pal-maybe you should have learned something the past 3 years.

Just because this guy may be slightly better than Rob Johnson, JP, Todd Collins.... it doesn't mean he's any good.

Bite me, Sullivan

I would prefer that he lets his play do the talking but unfortunately the human ear cannot discern such soft sounds.

That int he threw against GB will 'haunt' him for weeks, reinforcing his notion that the checkdown is the way to go. Forget about that crap and move on to the next play trusting in yourself and your teammates. If you are happy that Edwards got chippy with a sports writer then you have low expectations.

I would prefer that he lets his play do the talking but unfortunately the human ear cannot discern such soft sounds.

That int he threw against GB will 'haunt' him for weeks, reinforcing his notion that the checkdown is the way to go. Forget about that crap and move on to the next play trusting in yourself and your teammates. If you are happy that Edwards got chippy with a sports writer then you have low expectations.

This thread has nothing to do with Edwards' play, or my assessment of same. I'm just glad he has a chip on his shoulder and is willing to tell a blowhard like Sully to stick it.

Bite me, Sullivan

Brilliant? Edwards sounds like a whiny defensive loser instead of the leader of the Buffalo Bills. What a strange group of NFL players the Bills have assembled. We have Chris Kelsy, earning millions while never making any plays on defense within the first 5 yards of scrimmage, being quoted all the time. We have Donte Whitner, quite possibly the third worst top 10 pick in Bills history, (after Mike Williams and Walt Patulski), making bold predictions of how great the team and his defense will be, and then never making a big play during the full 16 game season. We now have our starting QB throwing his coaches, linemen and receivers under the bus because he's too scared to throw the damn ball 15 yards downfield running out of a freakin' no huddle offense. <_<:worthy:

This thread has nothing to do with Edwards' play, or my assessment of same. I'm just glad he has a chip on his shoulder and is willing to tell a blowhard like Sully to stick it.

If it has nothing to do with his play then move it to Off the Wall. Be happy if you like.

Whoopty do dah day... he calls out a reporter. By the same token... Evans subtly called Edwards out. How bout that?

So, now we've got Sully, Kelly, Thermal, Evans, and a lot ot of fans on his case. We got it all wrong.

Actually I think he's calling out the coaches, not Evans. He's basically saying he is doing what he is told, which is pretty much unless your very sure of the throw, check down. It's the play it safe coaching staff, nothing new here...

Can we now question the coaching and play calling of Turk?

He's got some good plays for mid field action but somehow when the team is within the 20 it all goes south.

Let's not forget that Turk Schonert is the understudy of Steve Fairchild, who trained 3 years under Mike Martz in St Louis.

Which NFL team is Mike Martz currently coaching at? head coach somewhere? OC somewhere? assistant coach somewhere? He is currently unemployed in the NFL and doing broadcast stints.

Here is the man who was the offensive coordinator for the "greatest show on turf" in St Louis, and not employed in the NFL?

He was the head coach in St Louis after Dick Vermeil retired 2000, by 05 fired . Detroit Lions OC 06-07 fired, SF 49ers OC 08 fired.

If you watched his game plans with the Rams, Lions and 49ers he was constantly getting his QB killed by his play calling. Wanting to hit the big play with 7 step drops when the opposing defense has the receivers covered and windows are tiny to get the ball to them, unless they beat their man down field and are wide open... Sound familiar?

Kurt Warner made Mike Martz look great by his decision making and quick release and accurate throws, Warner would make any OC look great.

Last week against the Bears it had looked like Schonert had turned the corner on the Martz system with those quick slant passes and crossing routes over the middle, some really good play calling. Then this week he reverts to his old style of making the QB look horrid and getting him killed. JMO

Then tell Trent to grow a set at some point and put the ball downfield. Trent got his panties in a bunch because Sullivan is right. (as much as it pains me to say so)

There is a guy named T.O. who has been out the last few weeks with a T.O.E. injury. Just a thought, but I think his additon to the offense should open up things down the field. There are no excuses this year in the redzone with TO, Evans, Hardy (once healthy), Nelson, and the likes of Lynch, Rhodes, and Jackson running the ball.

Let's see what happens over the next few weeks!

Then tell Trent to grow a set at some point and put the ball downfield. Trent got his panties in a bunch because Sullivan is right. (as much as it pains me to say so)

Those are very true words...he has to learn to keep the defense honest and take shots down field even if its an incompletion...otherwise we will continue to have 3 yards dumpoffs and 3 yard runs...

and it sucks that Sully is right <_<

Let's not forget that Turk Schonert is the understudy of Steve Fairchild, who trained 3 years under Mike Martz in St Louis.

Which NFL team is Mike Martz currently coaching at? head coach somewhere? OC somewhere? assistant coach somewhere? He is currently unemployed in the NFL and doing broadcast stints.

Here is the man who was the offensive coordinator for the "greatest show on turf" in St Louis, and not employed in the NFL?

He was the head coach in St Louis after Dick Vermeil retired 2000, by 05 fired . Detroit Lions OC 06-07 fired, SF 49ers OC 08 fired.

If you watched his game plans with the Rams, Lions and 49ers he was constantly getting his QB killed by his play calling. Wanting to hit the big play with 7 step drops when the opposing defense has the receivers covered and windows are tiny to get the ball to them, unless they beat their man down field and are wide open... Sound familiar?

Kurt Warner made Mike Martz look great by his decision making and quick release and accurate throws, Warner would make any OC look great.

Last week against the Bears it had looked like Schonert had turned the corner on the Martz system with those quick slant passes and crossing routes over the middle, some really good play calling. Then this week he reverts to his old style of making the QB look horrid and getting him killed. JMO

Also, let's not forget that the whole coaching staff, scouting department and GM should be fired

Those are very true words...he has to learn to keep the defense honest and take shots down field even if its an incompletion...otherwise we will continue to have 3 yards dumpoffs and 3 yard runs...

and it sucks that Sully is right <_<

Yup. I'm not saying bomb it down the field 8 times a game either, but at some point you have to put the ball more than 15 yards down the field in the air. Make the safeties think twice about cheating up when Evans is out there.

Unfortunately, dick has beat it into trent that on 3rd and 10, a 4 yard pass and a punt is better than trying to get the first down and possibly failing.

Bite me, Sullivan

Like Sulivan or not - fact is he is better at his job than Trent is at his....T.E. did not like the message - but it is something we are all saying. Let us hold hands and pray the Bills get Colt Macoy next year....

Like Sulivan or not - fact is he is better at his job than Trent is at his....T.E. did not like the message - but it is something we are all saying. Let us hold hands and pray the Bills get Colt Macoy next year....

Outstanding comparison!!

If Sully's boss came to him and told him not to write anything derogatory about Trent, if he valued his job he wouldn't. My gut tells me DJ and the boys are telling Trent not to take chances and play it safe with more checkdowns. Trent value's his job, so he listens. Not saying I agree, but I think Trent is handcuffed to certain extent. Sully's boss gives him free reign and he writes better articles because of it. If Trent's boss gave him more freedom, maybe he'd be a little more aggressive. But we will never know with the current staff...

And another thing - "He's doing what he is told" is a chicken sh-t excuse for sucking. How many times do you think Kelly changed a play or did what he knew would work better that what he was told? Same could be said for any great player. Fact is, Trent will make a nice back up QB and perhaps a great coach - but a star QB or even a bonifide starter, I have seen enough, he simply does not have "it".

The Nazi soldier defense for marching Jews into the chambers was "I was doing what I was told" - so were they good soldiers? Good sheep - perhaps, but a good soldier, hardly. That said, Trent is at best a good sheep and a mediocre quarterback - but a good QB, hardly.

I dont blame Edwards for wanting to shortarm the ball. With the Bills Ole' offensive line he has no time. Time for screens, draws, playaction passes. Anything to get Edwards out of the maelstrom.

Nice topographical view, dib!

Edwards would have more credence with actions vs words.

If Sully's boss came to him and told him not to write anything derogatory about Trent, if he valued his job he wouldn't. My gut tells me DJ and the boys are telling Trent not to take chances and play it safe with more checkdowns. Trent value's his job, so he listens. Not saying I agree, but I think Trent is handcuffed to certain extent...

You think this is a good thing? History recognized the courage to challenge the status quo and frankly the status quo around One Bills Drive sucks. We don't need a QB who values his job - we need one who wants to win and has the courage to step up be accounted for...not fly under the radar and get a couple of atta boy's from the lame duck coaching staff...

There is a guy named T.O. who has been out the last few weeks with a T.O.E. injury. Just a thought, but I think his additon to the offense should open up things down the field. There are no excuses this year in the redzone with TO, Evans, Hardy (once healthy), Nelson, and the likes of Lynch, Rhodes, and Jackson running the ball.

Let's see what happens over the next few weeks!

Nope, we have to judge the entire season on pre-season games - there can be no other way!!

And that, my friends, is a wrap.

Couldn't agree more here. The ONLY thing that disturbs me about TE is his propensity to "play not to screw up" after he screws up. It's one thing (and a SMART thing) to go to your checkdowns when your first read(s) aren't available but quite another to go to your checkdowns because you're afraid of screwing up.

GO BILLS!!!

This noodle arm Quack QB just signed his papers outta B'lo.

For someone reputed to be so smart, he just made the dumbest move of his career. With the tide of public opinion going against him, this genius figured the best way to do things is to earn a grudge from the most influential sports writer in a one newspaper town!

Great Move Trent. Congrats on becoming the next Hugh Millen

hey guys. preseason.

Speaking of lame arguments - this is about as lame as "I am following directions". Why in the hell do you go about with a preseason unless it is to evaluate talent and make hard decisions on personnel? Is it to show off the pretty uniforms? It's a dress rehersal - and based on that - we are in for a long year. I am not sure when you started following the Bills - but I recall the superbowl teams - they would play one, maybe two drives, carve the living sh-t out of the opposing defense and retire to watch guys fight for a job. In case you have not noticed - our "A" level players are the one's getting carved up and there is no reason to believe there is a playoff team playing under the cloak of "we're not game planing" or we're trying some new things out"....

And that, my friends, is a wrap.

Couldn't agree more here. The ONLY thing that disturbs me about TE is his propensity to "play not to screw up" after he screws up. It's one thing (and a SMART thing) to go to your checkdowns when your first read(s) aren't available but quite another to go to your checkdowns because you're afraid of screwing up.

GO BILLS!!!

Following up on this - you are absolutely right. I recall hearing Gruden say last night - I want to see Sanchez throw an int to see how he comes back from this - he wants to see resiliancy. Edwards has failed this test miserably. Sorry, but he has had sunshine blown up his a-s ever since the "Genius" told Marv he drafted a great one out of Stanford. There's a reason why he was marginally rated, not the lack of a great arm or mobility - leadership and resiliancy - completely lacking. This guy is Kent Graham version 2.0

And the cycle turns, as we're less than two years removed from "you're the expert buddy" reply to Sully.

Edwards, the next ex-Bill whose professional obit was presaged by Sullivan?

And the cycle turns, as we're less than two years removed from "you're the expert buddy" reply to Sully.

Edwards, the next ex-Bill whose professional obit was presaged by Sullivan?

you nailed man. It pains me to say but TE needs to be better in all phases of the game. (with the exception of checkdowns) Personally I like Sully, he calls it like he sees it. He's not afraid to place any blame. He is one of the few that aren't afraid of losing an athlete as a "friend". If he can help keep a player/coach/gm in check then I am all for it.