New look, same team

trigger

matter2003, this also boggles my mind. Hamdan was doing pretty well there and we get the ball back with a chance to see if he (and the rest of the guys) can lead us in for a go ahead score. Instead we put in Baker, who totally sucks. He's not going to make the team. Let him do what he was hired to do, throw passes to WRs in practice and leave it at that.

Also looked like Fitz could have used some more reps.

I don't get it and I don't like it.

= DJ

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Positives:

-. o-line looks better then last year with regards of giving the quarterback time to throw/protection.

-. Edwards looked sharp

-. Omon may make the transistion to NFL level

-. Run blocking by the defense was great

Negatives:

-. Pass defense was terrible

-. Fitz was lucky to get good production out of Omon else he'd gone 3 and out on every drive

-. 3rd team o-line is non existing

-. Hall, Hawthorn and Baker look like sure cuts based on their performance

Let's hope so. I mean I prefer they have a good season, but let's hope DJ is gone if they don't. This team is too talented to go 7-9 again.

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure about that last sentence. Inexperienced QB, inexperienced OL, non-dominant DL, and Ellison all add up to a team that might be about 7 - 9 in talent.

I'm sure, though, that this'll be Jauron's last year if that's his record again. Ralph made that clear, IMHO.

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure about that last sentence. Inexperienced QB, inexperienced OL, non-dominant DL, and Ellison all add up to a team that might be about 7 - 9 in talent.

I'm sure, though, that this'll be Jauron's last year if that's his record again. Ralph made that clear, IMHO.

No counting chickens!

Bills look small and slow. Defense getting mauled. Brutally bad throw by Trent. Levitre abused. Looks like 4-12.

Look it was the first game of the season. Before you discount everything lets look at one thing that the Bills did improve on THEY moved the ball very well all game long.

Yes they still need to work on opening holes in the running game and learn how to score in the redzone other then that I hated Fitzpatrick play he looke scared most of the time he was out there. Hamdan looked like the more effecient back up.

But for a first preseason game and a green OL they did alot better then I expected. They werent blown out.

the Bills lay yet another huge egg on national TV. no wonder everyone in the NFL considers them simply irrelevent

Finally some one hits the nail on the head.

This wasn't just another preseason game. This was the HOF game where the Owner of the team and the best DE the team will ever have were just inducted, and they played like it was an non televised scrimmage. :thumbsup:

This team has no fight, no pride and no heart. :lol:

They do not deserve our constant support. :thumbsup:

Go BILLS

I don't think the Bills embarrassed themselves out there. The trick play was a beauty but in a regular season game, I do believe Tenn punts in that situation. As for first teamers, it's clear that Tennessee is better than us at O-line, RB (depth), QB, D-Line, and maybe a couple other positions. They could end up being the best team in the AFC (they were 13-3 last year!). I don't think anyone in the AFC East is as deep as them. I think the Bills will hold their own vs. the mediocre teams but they are still a few steps behind the better clubs. Sadly, it looks like another 7-9 maybe 8-8 season unless Edwards somehow greatly improves.

I don't think the Bills embarrassed themselves out there. The trick play was a beauty but in a regular season game, I do believe Tenn punts in that situation.

...and the Bills are likely a little more prepared for trick plays, in the regular season. Typically, teams play a rather vanilla brand of ball in the Preseason. Tenny did quite the opposite, last night. Good for them. I think that can only help the Bills, going forward.

*Defensive still has no clue what a pass rush is

*O-line still weak except for some bright spots and couldn't open a hole the size of Dicky's a-hole

*Small, weak

*No Balls coaching

Keeping the same Head coach-priceless

For one thing, it's preseason. Our team looked good for the most part. Only a few things I noticed that I did not like..

First Team Run Defense - Where were they?

Fitzpatrick - ehhh? Maybe new team, new plays got to him a bit.

Loved the way Trent through the ball

Loved the way the O-line looked except for the INT play

Loved the way Josh Reed looked. Already outstanding.

This being the 1st preseason game.....

I liked what I saw of the 1st string offense. Owens is going to make Edwards a better QB. Considering this really is a new offensive line, I think they showed promise. Keep Omon. This offense has the potential to put up some points and win games.

The defense is what has me a little concerned. One noticeable thing is that it seemed the defense was typically 3-4 steps away from getting to a receiver, whereas it seemed that Tennessee's defense was 1-2 steps away from a Bills receiver. I noticed that 3-4 step gap last season too. I'd like to see the defense be more in position to tackle receivers quicker. Run defense looked pretty good.

if he played the whole game, how many catches would TO have had? 15?

i think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

More like 150!!

Trent looked like he had soem zip on the ball. The int was bad decission.

Running game?

Fisher must really hate Bobby April.

Come on, the starting offense looked bad on ONE PLAY and never got the chance to go back out. If you really expected them to be PERFECT against a very good team after not hitting all camp, you are the idiot. I'm not saying they are a playoff team but give them a chance. You must have been a basket case in the glory days when they Super Bowl teams won 2 preseason games in four years. Probably ran Kelly and the boys out of town more than once in August.

I liked the routes that TO ran on his 2 catches...Trents int was a pretty horrible pass..Hangartner Was mauled on a few pass rushes but somehow he was able to keep the rusher from the qb long enough for Trent to get the pass off.....The more I see Lynch run the more I realize he cant pick the correct lane to choose to save his life when there is a hole to pick. Bottom line is no matter who plays on this team Jauron is still the supergenious running the show....

I didn't think it was that bad. Lev made a rookie mistake in his first game. Run blocking was a bit disappointing, and our pass rush was bad but that's nothing new, but the O-line actually gave Edwards some time to pass on most plays, and this was their first game together. Wood looked very good, and the offense moved the ball down the field. Will be interesting to see what happens with the first team offense inside the red zone.

I don't disagree, but it's not like the Bills first team offense looked bad for a whole game; they only ran nine plays. Most of them were successful, until a rookie guard in his first season of live action was thrown into the QB provoking an errant throw. If Edwards had had room to step up and hit a TD pass on that play instead of a pick, we'd be talking about how great the offense looked.

Why does this team rely on rookies in abundance each season? Is it because they're new (and thus marketable) or perhaps cheap, or because UFA offered little in the Bills' price range? Frankly, entrusting the interior of the OL to two rookies and a former backup is playing with fire. I like Wood, but how many teams break in multiple rookies at any position on the field? And if so, are they successful?

It's one thing to say this was the first game of the preseason. But players generally don't come into their own until their 2nd or 3rd season, not by opening day.

I am not panicking and actually like some of what I have seen ... but it definitely shows that Tennessee HITS in camp while the Bills do not. They were far more ready to play a real game and it shows.

That said, the first TD almost should not count ... that proves nothing about either team. Poz basically stopped that drive himself and Edwards looked good except for on the throw where he got hit. Yes, it sucks he got pressured, but did we really think rokie guards would never get beat? better now than 3 months from now.

Finally a sane post. You are exactly correct. Tennessee hits as hard as any team in the league. They don't care if its practice, pre season, or mid season, that's what they do. They also have those type of players. Did you see their second round draft pick (Marks)?

I was so disappointed with Ellis. With it looking like he won't contribute, the only change (obviously) that can come is from Maybin. We desperately need him to create some semblance of a pass rush.

For me the positive's were: the no huddle on our first drive (minus the pick), Poz, Harris, Wood, Hamden, Omon.