New look, same team

trigger

I didn't think it was that bad. Lev made a rookie mistake in his first game. Run blocking was a bit disappointing, and our pass rush was bad but that's nothing new, but the O-line actually gave Edwards some time to pass on most plays, and this was their first game together. Wood looked very good, and the offense moved the ball down the field. Will be interesting to see what happens with the first team offense inside the red zone.

Sorry, but we should count on seeing more rookie mistakes up front this season and not just from Levitre. I do like Levitre, but it's simply unrealistic to think his last rookie mistake before becoming an instant Pro Bowler happened last night. It's also a mistake to assume that a few very quick plays that worked against a totally vanilla Titans defense yesterday are going to be there all season.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not forget one thing, Tenn had the best record in the NFL last season, the Bills played a very veteran experienced team in the first few series.

Stating that, The Bills had an extra week to prepare their players for that game and yet they couldn't stop Tenn in the red zone, the run defense looked horrid again,not much change from last season.

Levitre was pushed back 6 yards into Trent Edwards by a back up DT and Edwards couldn't step into his throw,which caused the INT, Imagine what Albert Haynsworth would have done, O line still has serious issues.

The Bills failed to get the ball in the end zone once they got close, so they still have trouble with the red zone offense and they will kick field goals rather then score a TD.

This offense shows me what I've been worrying about all off season, the Bills on 4th and one still try and throw inside the 20,they did it against the Titans. The OC will always want to throw the ball over running it, the run game will suffer because the OC simply refuses to find ways to get the run game going.

Different year,same crap

"Obviously an interesting game preseason-wise. I thought Trent looked good, he's handsome in that uniform. I thought Oman looked good, the Patriots will like him once he's cut. Not really sure what happened on the fake punt, there was some confusion there and you can't prepare for that. So, we're 0 and 1 for the preseason, we'll take that and get back to work Wednesday. There's still a lot of football left."

:lol:

I didn't think it was that bad. Lev made a rookie mistake in his first game. Run blocking was a bit disappointing, and our pass rush was bad but that's nothing new, but the O-line actually gave Edwards some time to pass on most plays, and this was their first game together. Wood looked very good, and the offense moved the ball down the field. Will be interesting to see what happens with the first team offense inside the red zone.

Good point. I can't jump on the we still suck in the red zone bandwagon without ever seeing the starting unit in the red zone. I think the first team needed 1 more series.

Looking at the replay, Collinsworth pointed out correctly that the INT was certainly not all on Trent.

I gotta admit what we were seeing was eerily, unsettlingly, familiar.