New look, same team

trigger

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

okay hes only the second best DE the bills have ever had. but that has nothing to do with my post. stay on point.

I think I can remember like four games in his whole career where Schobel was integral in the Bills winning a game. Almost all of his stats are accumulated when the Bills are already out of it, I think, because seriously, every time I sit down and consciously decide to watch this guy, he sucks donkey dick. And that frankly IS the point. Because our defense, of which Schobel is the freaking media HERO, still looks like total garbage.

not every team looks as bad as us year in and year out...

Last year we beat the Steelers in the preseason. Just proves how much these exhibition games mean, you !@#$ing dunces. Perhaps we would not like to unveil our entire new offensive scheme...Perhaps we would not like to play our projected starters for any meaningful amount of time in a game that is worthless. Perhaps too many people on this board should sodomize themselves with a rusty crowbar...etc.

We just started using the no-huddle offense, it's the first pre-season game, yet everyone wants to see Turk pull out all the stops. :wallbash: Oh brother.

Trent looked great, threw the ball on the numbers, ran for a 1st down on 3rd and 3, the INT looked like miss-communication to me, haven't replayed it though.

Defense looked good, special teams did not, so what. I doubt they did as much game planning for Tennessee as they did just running the things they wanted to run.

the INT looked like mis-communication to me, haven't replayed it though.

It looked like a "Welcome to the NFL" moment for our rookie LG, Andy Levitre as he got manhandled back into Trent Edwards by a backup lineman, which looked like it forced Edwards to not step into the throw as much as he would have liked... as long as that doesn't happen 3 times a game, he will be better than Fowler...

So Jasper, is this yet another preseason where we all scratch our heads and say, "Oh well, they must be saving it." as we watch them look like schoolchildren locked in a prison yard?

I think some fans need to step back and "save it" and realize it's the first preseason game.

I think some fans need to step back and "save it" and realize it's the first preseason game.

You talkin to me? Because believe me, I am holding back. But I do have to laugh at anyone who thinks that the First Team goes out there the first series of preseason and says, "OK, we don't want to show the opposing coaches anything, so let's run the system slower than we even practice it."

And if that IS what our coaches are telling these players, then it only strengthens my argument that we have hamsters for coaches.

You talkin to me? Because believe me, I am holding back. But I do have to laugh at anyone who thinks that the First Team goes out there the first series of preseason and says, "OK, we don't want to show the opposing coaches anything, so let's run the system slower than we even practice it."

And if that IS what our coaches are telling these players, then it only strengthens my argument that we have hamsters for coaches.

You feel the entire team was going half-speed during the first series?

You feel the entire team was going half-speed during the first series?

Well, what I saw was an ineffective and altogether uninspiring, nay, almost INVISIBLE no-huddle, let's call it an "attack". And I just wondered why it looked so bad. That's all.

Well, what I saw was an ineffective and altogether uninspiring, nay, almost INVISIBLE no-huddle, let's call it an "attack". And I just wondered why it looked so bad. That's all.

I thought it looked OK until Levitre got "Fowlered" back 7 yards into Edwards causing his throw to sail and get picked...

they moved the ball pretty effectively...

Run defense has looked pretty good, other than the 40 yard run by the punter on a trick play...Tennessee is averaging 2.6 YPC by their RBs...

Well, like I pointed out, it was their first time running it. And it is pre-season.

Well, like I pointed out, it was their first time running it. And it is pre-season.

No, I know, which is why it isn't the Offense I'm mad at. It's Fewell, Schobel, and that band of 'tards we call a Defense I'm pissed at. They and the Special Teams sucked horse wang tonight. At least the First Team did, the one with Aaron "How did I get so far away from the QB so quickly?" Schobel on it.

not every team looks as bad as us year in and year out...

You make a good point. The game, obviously, doesn't mean anything. But, the pre-season is still full of football games and NFL coaches still break down the film on these games for evaluation because players still have to execute the plays. The starters on the Bills look a step slow, flat footed, a bit out of sorts, and cannot execute in the red zone any better than the last 2 years. The no-huddle gimmick did not change anything there. The running game was actually pretty pathetic and the interior of the OL was breaking down early and often. Not that it was any surprise to some.

No, I know, which is why it isn't the Offense I'm mad at. It's Fewell, Schobel, and that band of 'tards we call a Defense I'm pissed at. They and the Special Teams sucked horse wang tonight. At least the First Team did, the one with Aaron "How did I get so far away from the QB so quickly?" Schobel on it.

Run-defense looked good, pass-defense not so good. Schobel was basically chop-blocked at the knees.