Good Ol' Bill, still hasn't lost it

Magox

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It also raises expectations of other World leaders like Ahmadinejad and Yugo-Che-Guevera-wanna-be- Chavez.

Yeah, it's terrible that it might be possible to peacefully resolve issues diplomatically with countries we don't like.

But I don't have much sympathy for Americans who needlessly put themselves in danger, like the 3 hikers now in Iranian custody. What, hiking on the Appalachian trail with Mark Sanford isn't good enough?

And I don't think just anyone could have done this. Imagine sending Bush or Cheney.

Yeah, it's terrible that it might be possible to peacefully resolve issues diplomatically with countries we don't like.

But I don't have much sympathy for Americans who needlessly put themselves in danger, like the 3 hikers now in Iranian custody. What, hiking on the Appalachian trail with Mark Sanford isn't good enough?

And I don't think just anyone could have done this. Imagine sending Bush or Cheney.

:wallbash: eye matey, your a scurvy dog and we don't deal with scurvy dogs

A good point. Who the hell hikes in KURDISTAN?

But seriously, do you really think that it mattered who was there? Or that Bill actually made a difference? I would think that the Koreans had their mind made up before they even saw the guy. Like Billy boy is so convincing he can bamboozle and smooth talk lunatic fringe dictators. I think he does great bull$hitting soccer moms and college grads but I think his mystical charms would be lost on the North Korean guy.

Bill Clinton has amazing stature and is revered around the world - except in the USA. To send him did more honor to Il Nutjob than, perhaps, even Obama himself going.

The deal was done before Clinton ever left the ground. The agreement was "we send Clinton, you let them go".

Bill Clinton has amazing stature and is revered around the world - except in the USA. To send him did more honor to Il Nutjob than, perhaps, even Obama himself going.

The deal was done before Clinton ever left the ground. The agreement was "we send Clinton, you let them go".

Yeah, I'm sure N. Korea only wanted Bill Clinton to visit their country. I'm 100% positive we didn't make a secret back-room deal for their release.

Whatever happened, I'm glad to see the girls released safely.

While at Current, I worked with Laura Ling, and can tell you she is a very bright and brave woman, and an exceptional reporter. If I believed in God and/or thought it would have done any good, I would have been praying for her release. Instead I simply hoped someone, or something, would get these fine women back home.

Say what you want about Bill, he gets things done.

Why do you suppose that is?

"we send Clinton, you let them go".
so why didn't they keep him?

revered <_<

Okay seriously, respected yes. Revered :blink:

If you were ever there when I bring three blondes, two redheads and five brunettes to the backroom party, yeah, you'd see for yourself I'm revered.

My Southern charm and soft drawl has a certain panache around the world as well. They just eat it up.

Whatever happened, I'm glad to see the girls released safely.

While at Current, I worked with Laura Ling, and can tell you she is a very bright and brave woman, and an exceptional reporter. If I believed in God and/or thought it would have done any good, I would have been praying for her release. Instead I simply hoped someone, or something, would get these fine women back home.

Say what you want about Bill, he gets things done.

I sure do get things done.

And when I say "things," I really mean "women."

The fact that a country that is more deserving of say...Earl Hickey...gets Bill Clinton is a coup for them. To them, I should say. They got validated. Bill got the girls. The normal balance of life is returned.

By the way, having been in Bill Clinton's presence (1998 reception at the White House) I can attest to the man's charisma and presence. I didn't really like him and was prepared to be disgusted, but I found him fascinating. Hillary not so much.

And, that's the way it was.

Now, let's wait for the Tundra Twins to weigh in.

By the way, having been in Bill Clinton's presence (1998 reception at the White House) I can attest to the man's charisma and presence. I didn't really like him and was prepared to be disgusted, but I found him fascinating. Hillary not so much.

I never talked to anyone who ever said otherwise. Worst thing I've ever heard about him personally is that he's a complusive cheater when it comes to golf (well...and women, apparently).

Hillary, I've never heard anyone say anything good about.

The fact that a country that is more deserving of say...Earl Hickey...gets Bill Clinton is a coup for them. To them, I should say. They got validated. Bill got the girls. The normal balance of life is returned.

When can we expect to hear from the Nozzlenut?

What were his "distinguishing characteristics" ?

I never talked to anyone who ever said otherwise. Worst thing I've ever heard about him personally is that he's a complusive cheater when it comes to golf (well...and women, apparently).

Hillary, I've never heard anyone say anything good about.

My mother was a principal of a magnet school in Buffalo. Bill and Hilary visited the school

when he was still governor of Arkansas and no one really knew who he or she was. My mother said that both of them were extremely impressive, and informed, and interested in what the school was doing (it was the second public Montessori school in the country). That was before they got real power though.

I always mistrusted both of them, although I think Hilary has made an enormous transformation from the time she was bitter and full of sh-- in the middle of the campaign to when she got her sh-- together and made a decent run of it even though she had no chance. IMO she has gone from intolerable to at least tolerable.